University of Western Ontario

University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

A great working environment requiring you to be on your A game every day.
Administrative and Support Services (Former Employee) –  London, On30 April 2014
A typical day at work required answering multiple calls regarding various things. One of the key things I've learned is knowing the information, and talking to a customer with any sort of confidence will help you in the interaction significantly. My co-workers were one of the best co-workers I have personally ever had a chance to work with. Always bringing their best foot forward and prepared to help their co-workers or fellow customer with utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was asking for help because I feared being looked down upon; however after seeing everyone interact casually eased things a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ways to deal with customers of different tolerance level and being able to work with the school network in order to help the students.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

Good job but managers talk down to you a bit
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Meetings were quite unorganized and management were not the nicest. The actual work was fun and exciting if you like to teach. Students made it fun and rewarding.
Interesting and collaborative place to work
Legal Research & Instructional Librarian (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The work was interesting and challenging. The environment was stimulating. My colleagues were bright, interesting and supportive. I really enjoyed working with the mix of patrons- staff, colleagues, faculty, students and the public.
Pros
Flexible hours, interesting work, great colleagues
Cons
Lots of committee work