University of Western Ontario

University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONApril 27, 2016
Graduate research is exciting and polishes skills of problem solving.

Working for UWO was a good experience and people were friendly.
Western is a research oriented school. I love it.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Very good
Cons: Nil
Independent at work
How to start a research. The standard operating procedure to conduct an experiment.
Excellent
Very cordial
Deadline
No time barrier
Great School
Student (Current Employee), London, ONApril 24, 2016
This is a great learning institution that had help foster my development into a strong and indipendent worker. Due to my education here I know that I have the ability to thrive in any placement
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Faculty of LawMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Long hours
Perform legal research
Search academic articles
Report to professor
Track hours worked
Worked with another student
Wrote proposals and summarized research documents
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 23, 2016
Excellent People, very good work environment. Good pay and benefits package and seasonal work if wanted.
Staff are excellent and love what they do
you can learn when you work
Lab Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 22, 2016
I graduated from UWO and after my graduation I had worked there until 2010. I felt it was a good experience of life and work.
fun
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: Worked on Weekends
It was fun but it was a long time ago that I worked for the University of Western Ontario and I would suggest people to apply and work for a great group of individulas
Productive and a very friendly workplace
Accounting assistant & Office Clerk (Former Employee), London Ontario CanadaMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Very friendly
I am so lucky because everyone is giving me new opportunities to learn. The workplace is so friendly and my manager pushes me to go an extra mile, learning things that I can improve on my skills.
Best workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 20, 2016
This is very dynamic and fun place to work at. Good pay and good communications. Decently manageable with some flexibility.
Supportive study environment for students
Researcher, Educator (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Overall a supportive study environment for students with good resources in the libraries and student support centre.
It was a wonderful place and environment of work.
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 19, 2015
The work was promising with a good margin of profit till the revolution there began. After that I forced to leave and the plant was closed.
I Wish My Contract Was a LOT longer... Excellent Job!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Learn Skills and Feel Valued
Cons: Contract too Short
Working as a research assistant is an excellent gig should you get the opportunity to do so. The pay was nice at $15/hour at about 10-15 hours a week... too bad the contract was only a month long.

Learned all kinds of important research and analysis skills that will go a long way in professional employment. I can't recommend working for Western enough! :)
Great Experience as a TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 3, 2015
Teaching a graduate class is one of the most valuable experiences I have had. The pressures of maintaining class averages are gone, and the level of intellect from the students and the questions asked in class are much higher compared to undergrad. The graduate teaching programs at UWO are one of the best.
Great Environment to work and build a career
Manager (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. The workload can be high, but the team around you is very supportive and makes that less of an issue. Lots of chances for advancement.
Wonderful experience
Choir Assistant/Section Leader (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Western University was very kind in providing work-study for students who need more wage on top of their part-time jobs to make an living for themselves. I was very grateful that the Don Wright Faculty of Music employs Music Vocal Professors to conduct music services for churches within the London Community. Rehearsal was every Thursday night and Sunday morning before mass, which was a commitment I kept and enjoyed attending. I loved that I could use my talents for the benefit of the community. Providing musical services over the past three years made me feel of purpose and for that I am very honoured and privileged.
Excellent university
Ph.D. (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn
Cons: student stipend is low
Fantastic educational institution. Faculty always have an 'open door' policy. Relaxed and informal research environment with a very good amount of resources, facilities and equipment.
Amazing school with wide range of extra curricular activities
Orientation Soph (Former Employee), London, ONJune 5, 2015
The University of Western Ontario in London, ON is an incredible school. Through this university I was given the opportunity to participate in the OHM Fashion Show, join a sorority and become a soph leader.
Excellent research facilities and faculty
Ph.D. Candidate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 4, 2015
Carried out exciting cancer-related cell cycle studies. Learned a great deal about protein biochemistry, in vitro assays, presentation skills. My peers were great to work with. Faculty and staff are always willing to help. Hardest part of my job was when experiments don't work. Most enjoyable part is when I obtained an interesting result.
Functional place having very professional people.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 20, 2015
Pay for assistants in every field is low though. One can not blame the university, because all universities have the similar salary range.
Nice and Productive environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2015
It was a good experience for me to develop some of my abilities, such as teaching, leadership, researching. and I learn a lot about Canadian culture, working environment, and also people. Now I believe I can have a better understanding of my own way through the life here.