University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

Fun workplace with opportunity to constantly meet new people
Orientation Program Volunteer (Soph) (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2014
As an Orientation Volunteer my job is to make sure that first year university students have an easy transition into university life. I live in residence with the first year students and serve a mentorship role. There are 34 Orientation Volunteers in the building as well as 20 paid staff members. I am there to help the first year students if they are having academic problems, social problems, or any question they may have. My role is to be their friend, so that they will always have someone to support them in their new environment. A typical day would include checking on the students, asking how there days were, I may have a meeting with the other volunteers in the building, and I am pretty much there 24/7 in case any problems arise. The hardest part of the job is balancing my school work as well as spending time with the students. There will be times in the middle of the night where a student needs help and it is my job to be there. I love the people I work with as well as the students I am responsible for. The people make it all worth it.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

Great way to learn and work
Events Management Planning, Western, (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 October 2017
This opportunity among many others is open to students through the work study program at The University of Western Ontario. This program allows for optimal time to work and study at the same place making learning and meeting financial needs the easiest its ever been on students.
Summer job
Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 August 2017
It is a summer job at school. It is nice to work with postgraduate student. Good to know different school area knowledge and enjoy doing experiment with my supervisor.
Pros
nice experience
Cons
summer job - hours limited