University of Western Ontario

University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

Fun workplace with opportunity to constantly meet new people
Orientation Program Volunteer (Soph) (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2014
As an Orientation Volunteer my job is to make sure that first year university students have an easy transition into university life. I live in residence with the first year students and serve a mentorship role. There are 34 Orientation Volunteers in the building as well as 20 paid staff members. I am there to help the first year students if they are having academic problems, social problems, or any question they may have. My role is to be their friend, so that they will always have someone to support them in their new environment. A typical day would include checking on the students, asking how there days were, I may have a meeting with the other volunteers in the building, and I am pretty much there 24/7 in case any problems arise. The hardest part of the job is balancing my school work as well as spending time with the students. There will be times in the middle of the night where a student needs help and it is my job to be there. I love the people I work with as well as the students I am responsible for. The people make it all worth it.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

ok
Doctoral student (Former Employee) –  london on21 January 2018
The people are pleasant, there is no career advancement, very low pay, management have there own view, workplace is relaxed, too much politics, the weather is bad
University of Western Ontario
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The work was interesting and challenging. The environment was stimulating. My colleagues were bright, interesting and supportive. I really enjoyed working with the mix of patrons- staff, colleagues, faculty, students and the public.