University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

See reviews about:
It is an enjoyable experience sharing knowledge with professors and students and learning from them as well
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 October 2016
My typical day involves reading the course materials, attending lectures, sometimes preparing tutorials and meeting with students to discuss anything that they may seek additional clarification. I also mark exams and invigilate/proctor
A very relaxed and high quality environment to work in
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 July 2016
As a teaching assistant, I loved my job. Both its benefits and my responsibilities were inline with my situation and interests. Although I am now graduating and looking for a non-academic job, I recommend this place for all prospective graduate students.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2016
Professional environment with good benefits and worker support. Highly recommended.
Gave great teaching experience including course and project creation.
Pros
Great people and environment
Nice and Productive environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2015
It was a good experience for me to develop some of my abilities, such as teaching, leadership, researching. and I learn a lot about Canadian culture, working environment, and also people. Now I believe I can have a better understanding of my own way through the life here.
work as copywriter, copy editor, and as private tutor
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of History, University of Western Ontario11 March 2013
As a long-time copywriter and editor, I spend a large portion of each day crafting marketing campaigns and slogans that can be used by local businesses. More than that, I do contribute to some online websites and much of my time is spent assisting high-needs students at the high school and college levels. The hardest part of my work is the careful attention to detail which must always accompany any new marketing campaign; the easiest part is surely the time and opportunity to interact with young students who just want something better for themselves and are searching for answers for their scholastic issues.
Pros
working with others to help them achieve success
Cons
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2012
Good place to work, excellent place to take your degree and find a job.