University of Waterloo Employee Reviews

Exceptional academic rigor and broad opportunities for learning and teaching in the clinical setting
Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 September 2015
Working at the University of Waterloo, School of Pharmacy provided an opportunity for community engaged scholarship, clinical research and involvement in developing best practices in the field of Pharmacy practice. Leadership supports all staff and students through interdisciplinary team work and access to technologies and other resources to enhance teaching and learning.
Pros
Resources, Leadership, Collegiality
Cons
few advancement opportunities for Adjunct Faculty
good work/study place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  waterloo, ON15 September 2015
very very good school to study and learn new things and explore new technologies, good research environments to nurture new R&D
Fun experience
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 September 2015
Learnt how to communicate with leaders effectively. Seemlessly carried out duties. Nice working with other colleagues. The most enjoyable part was participating in face painting activity.
The best working environment
Research Assistant, (Full Time Graduate student) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 September 2015
University of Waterloo provided the best work environment, Working there as a research and teaching assistant made me learn lot of stuff and was really challenging.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 September 2015
Great place for continuous learning and knowledge. Peers are nice and knowledgeable. It was fun working there. It is magical world of study and work.
Good
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo On31 August 2015
Got to work with lots of different people while. Learned new experiences such as customer service and food preparation.
Great place to study
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 August 2015
Quiet town, educated population.

Laid back Work culture, too laid back at times...

But best place to study in Canada for Computer Science
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 July 2015
Nice professors and fellows, fun to communicate with students. Lead the lab section independently and guide students' assignments.
Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 July 2015
• Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
• Flexible time of working
• Required regular communications
lack of leadership but great learning experience
Part time job making and serving food to customers (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 April 2015
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant turn over in staff
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 April 2015
My co-workers were very friendly. My supervisor was always helpful and the general work environment was pleasant. The tasks given were not unreasonable and were always explained.
Productive and Fun workplace
Vice President, Mentorship (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 April 2015
It was an amazing experience where I had the opportunity to meet and interact with a diverse intellectual crowd on a daily basis.
Great place to work for Students
Front worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener1 April 2015
Flexible hours made it a good place to work. Wide variety of jobs made each shift interesting, and the employees made for a great work atmosphere. Working with the students and helping them day was very rewarding
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Impolite customers at times
Very good
Research Engineer Part-time PhD Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 March 2015
Very good and a place that challenges one intellectually and provides with lots of opportunities to pursue your technical interests and develop personally.
very good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 March 2015
very good working environment, excellent people, student from diverse backgrounds, lots of lectures to attend, good gyms, very responsibile mentors
Student at the University of Waterloo
Research Study Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 March 2015
As a student, there were countless hours of studying, dozens of all nighters, hundreds of lecture slides of material, and one great achievement. I learnt everything there is to know about the human body and how it works, what its made of and how to help preserve it. My colleagues were excellent, as were my professors. The hardest part was studying for long periods of time, but the greatest part was all of the great people you met with the same interests as yourself.
Great place
Teaching Assistantship (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 February 2015
A very good place to work while studying. It gives you the basic training and also allows you to have a study/work balance.
I learned how to manage multiple task as well as how to organize
Work experience at University of waterloo
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 January 2015
A typical day often started with responding to students` emails and text messages regarding assignment guidelines. During office hours, you were required to provide guidance and review students assignment. The fun part was doing tutorials with students, you got to learn a lot. The hardest part of this job was to respond to all the quiries from students. Nonetheless, the learning experience and sense of accomplishment was rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding experience, educational benefits
Cons
short deadlines and long hours of sitting to correct student`s assignments
Fun place to work with great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2015
There really is not typical day at work because there are such a variety of events that I could help cater. Most of the time, the events that are planned are very organized. My co-workers were great to work with as everyone did their share and got along. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable and that is the fact that everyday is different. Everyday I am learning something new. Also, for a few dollars off my pay, I was able to eat whatever food that I was serving.
Pros
Good food, great people and fun work
Cons
Unpredictatable hours
Great environment to work in
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2015
Great campus, research require sometime working for long hours, it all depends on supervisor or course instructor

4.6