University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and fulfilling place to work
Community Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 18, 2013
My position has given me many opportunities to develop myself over a broad spectrum of traits. I have had the opportunity to present a week long training session, manage 12 staff, conduct and receive performance evaluations, and a number of others. This has been a very rewarding and supportive position working with a very positive team environment.
A very good research environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2013
There are people working on all kinds of problems. Industry relations is great. The only down side is that people here work a lot, I mean a lot, and peer pressure can cause you to stop doing things you like to be able to stay competitive.
A small school but a convivial one.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: varied jobs
Cons: not many at all
A great school to begin one's career. The school was, at that time, was small and friendly. That environment made for a great working environment.
Great flexible environment
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2013
The management is great, very understanding of my school work and my other priorities. The schedule is flexible, as I can go and leave work as long as I complete the required hours for the day. The job lets me work at my own pace, as long as the work is completed with minimal supervision. The only challenging part of the job is paying particular attention – more... to detail because even one minor mistake can cause a huge liability to the library. – less
Great opportunity to explore and resarch innovative and creative subjects of interest
Researcher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 22, 2013
1) Learnt how to design experiments independently
2) Learnt to work with co-workers from different parts of the world with different experience and backgrounds
A great place to work
Project Developer / Research Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: the people
The University of Waterloo is a great place to work. The staff is trained well and handles all people and situations appropriately. I learned a great deal from the University including many leadership skills and project management skills. In addition I learned engineering techniques and teamwork skills.
Productive and interesting workplace
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 28, 2012
As a teaching assistant at the University of Waterloo, I gain more experience on interpersonal communication. I helped professors solve lots of problems. I marked many assignemnts. I enjoy this work.
Excellent Work Environment and Hours
Lecturer, Faculty of Mathematics (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2012
Pros: flexibility in work hours.
* Great support from colleagues and other staff members.
* Relaxed Atmosphere, definitely not a 9 - 5 job, but ``work according to your schedule'' job. For example, in a typical term, I only am required to be around campus for a total of 9 hours in a week.
* Friendly co-workers and management.
* Great chance for networking with other students and professionals.
* – more... The hardest part of the job is grading the exams.
* The best part of the job is interacting with the students inside and outside the class room. – less
Research assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 12, 2012
I obtained extensive theoretical knowledge and hands on experience on Yb:fiber chirped pulse amplifier and nonlinear wave mixing. I simulated and developed a two-color Yb:fiber chirped pulse amplifier. I developed a tunable ultrafast mid-infrared coherent source.
Met a lot of new people and improved my public speaking skills
Math Orientation Leader and Student Mentor (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 2, 2012
1. Trained to motivate thousands of incoming University of Waterloo students
2. Worked with 10 other leaders and lead a group of 100 students and effectively communicated instructions to them
3. Followed up with 17 first year students to ensure if they are well accustomed to the new environment
Loved it
Residence Ambassador (Former Employee), WaterlooSeptember 29, 2012
People I worked with where amazing and we all got along. We are all students so we really understood each other very well.
Amazing work place with great staff.
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: room to grow in various areas.
Cons: contract work
This job was amazing, I helped staff with all excessive work. Each task was a learning experience that added to my skills as a research capabilities. Little supervision.
Enjoyable interaction with students.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Quite often, the course instructor would require the TAs to mark midterms and provide academic assitance to the students. This provided a good opportunity to explore my tutoring skills especially when some students may have more difficulty in specific areas than others.
strong connection with lots research groups
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 4, 2012
strong connection with lots research groups, enjoyable to work with the students there.
Was there as a Intern. I did love it. Will remember it. Exquisite!
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 16, 2012
Pros: everything.
Cons: no pay! placement, intern.
Amazing, can not compare with anything. Simply perfect.
Nice collections of good people. Lots of knowledge and experience.
a good place for graduate students in statistics
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 15, 2012
Pros: cover my tuition fee
Cons: sometimes tedious
We ran weekly office hour, conducted tutorial, proctored exam, marked assignment and exam papers. This work has enabled me to review the statistical techniques which are the foundation of advanced methodologies. Also, running the SAS tutorial has helped me to understand all the basic operations in SAS. In addition, helping students check their SAS code – more... has improved my orientation to detail as well as SAS knowledge. – less
Engaging and Warm atmosphere conducive to success
Residence Assistant/ Don (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 7, 2012
- based on 4 years experience
- very thorough experience
- what more do you want to know?
Boring and chaotic
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 5, 2012
Not Bad, don't complain anyway. Coworkers are good. management is sloppy.
Great place to start working at
Work as porter (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 4, 2012
The university of waterloo is a fun environment to work in, lots of young kids and the managers are fair to you.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Extensive research based on heat transfer ,computational fluid dynamics (CFD), turbulence etc. to develop state of the art model. Challenging job it is worth it.

About University of Waterloo

The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded – Read more