University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place
Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2015
Learn a lot of technical Skills from my school and grow my computer knowledge there. A good place for networking with professionals.
The Uw
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Fun place to work with some what supportive management. It wasn't always about the numbers but about how the customers and staff felt. I most enjoyed about working there was how you could learn new things from the other staff and how they learned things from you.
Good environment for research
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2015
time flexible
Supportive
Computational resource
The most enjoyable prat of the job was working along my colleagues and learning from them.
Great place to work to gain experience for my future in a career in policing.
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NOctober 12, 2015
This position allowed me to gain experience in ticket writing, note taking, etc. which will be beneficial for a career in policing. I enjoyed my co-workers and the duties in which I was assigned.
Pros
The fact that I had multiple duties and not the same thing all the time.
Cons
Contract position.
A great place to work at
Casual Library Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 9, 2015
The Geospatial Centre has a very supportive environment, everyone who takes interest in learning GIS or seeking advice in their projects involving GIS applications will find their answers here. Occasionally there are internal projects that aims to provide convenience to other people.
Best place to enhance your academic and professional skills
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Best School in Canada for innovation and research. In the fast growing research in nano technology and quantum mechanics, UW is ahead of many other universities.
Marking assignment and proctor exams
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy woking in the University of Waterloo. The average work load is 5 hour / week. They gave us extra $1,000 as an award each term.
Fun place to work
Fieldwork Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 2, 2015
This work allowed me to get hands on experience to work with nature. This work also allowed me to get some valuable work experience while being enrolled at the University.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Short term position
good work/study place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  waterloo, ONSeptember 15, 2015
very very good school to study and learn new things and explore new technologies, good research environments to nurture new R&D
The best working environment
Research Assistant, (Full Time Graduate student) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 9, 2015
University of Waterloo provided the best work environment, Working there as a research and teaching assistant made me learn lot of stuff and was really challenging.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Great place for continuous learning and knowledge. Peers are nice and knowledgeable. It was fun working there. It is magical world of study and work.
Great place to study
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 9, 2015
Quiet town, educated population.

Laid back Work culture, too laid back at times...

But best place to study in Canada for Computer Science
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 10, 2015
Nice professors and fellows, fun to communicate with students. Lead the lab section independently and guide students' assignments.
Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2015
• Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
• Flexible time of working
• Required regular communications
lack of leadership but great learning experience
Part time job making and serving food to customers (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2015
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant turn over in staff
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 7, 2015
My co-workers were very friendly. My supervisor was always helpful and the general work environment was pleasant. The tasks given were not unreasonable and were always explained.
Very good
Research Engineer Part-time PhD Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 22, 2015
Very good and a place that challenges one intellectually and provides with lots of opportunities to pursue your technical interests and develop personally.
very good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 18, 2015
very good working environment, excellent people, student from diverse backgrounds, lots of lectures to attend, good gyms, very responsibile mentors
Student at the University of Waterloo
Research Study Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 6, 2015
As a student, there were countless hours of studying, dozens of all nighters, hundreds of lecture slides of material, and one great achievement. I learnt everything there is to know about the human body and how it works, what its made of and how to help preserve it. My colleagues were excellent, as were my professors. The hardest part was studying for long periods of time, but the greatest part was all of the great people you met with the same interests as yourself.
Great place
Teaching Assistantship (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 10, 2015
A very good place to work while studying. It gives you the basic training and also allows you to have a study/work balance.
I learned how to manage multiple task as well as how to organize

4.6