University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place
Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2015
Learn a lot of technical Skills from my school and grow my computer knowledge there. A good place for networking with professionals.
Good
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good research experience with my professor. Sometimes little or no help was given on a programming problem and need a lot of individual, unsupported work.
Fun place to work
Fieldwork Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Hands on experience
Cons: Short term position
This work allowed me to get hands on experience to work with nature. This work also allowed me to get some valuable work experience while being enrolled at the University.
A great place to work at
Casual Library Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 9, 2015
The Geospatial Centre has a very supportive environment, everyone who takes interest in learning GIS or seeking advice in their projects involving GIS applications will find their answers here. Occasionally there are internal projects that aims to provide convenience to other people.
Good environment for research
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2015
time flexible
Supportive
Computational resource
The most enjoyable prat of the job was working along my colleagues and learning from them.
very productive and cooperative co-workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: easy going, less hectic
Cons: long hours
A typical day at the job starts with a fresh cup coffee. The working environment is so friendly and refreshing. what I have learnt from this job is how to handle stress and be productive through out the day. I have learnt to take challenges and handle every situation no matter how hard it maybe. The management team and the co-workers were extremely cooperative and helpful. the hardest part of the job was, off course, the long hours but anyhow I have managed it very well at my own. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers and the professor I was working under, they made my days at work go by so quick and easy.
Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2015
• Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
• Flexible time of working
• Required regular communications
Best place to enhance your academic and professional skills
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ON, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Best School in Canada for innovation and research. In the fast growing research in nano technology and quantum mechanics, UW is ahead of many other universities.
Marking assignment and proctor exams
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy woking in the University of Waterloo. The average work load is 5 hour / week. They gave us extra $1,000 as an award each term.
The best working environment
Research Assistant, (Full Time Graduate student) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 9, 2015
University of Waterloo provided the best work environment, Working there as a research and teaching assistant made me learn lot of stuff and was really challenging.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Great place for continuous learning and knowledge. Peers are nice and knowledgeable. It was fun working there. It is magical world of study and work.
good work/study place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), waterloo, ONSeptember 15, 2015
very very good school to study and learn new things and explore new technologies, good research environments to nurture new R&D
Internship at my University
IT Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: familiar and quiet environment.
Cons: nothing
 Tested and repaired activities associated with network and telecommunications applications
 Resolved technical problems for network applications, hardware and software
 Acted as a technical resource in assisting users and the Help Desk to resolve incidents
 Performed Network Security activities such as SAP, LAN and system backup and recovery
 Ensured security was appropriate for each team members and controlled access to various applications
 Interacted with the Project Management team and vendors on software and hardware in the implementation and configuration of the technology solution
Promoted the Residences at UWaterloo
Residence Marketer and Promoter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great networking
Cons: less larger event planning
- Helped set up various promotions and events (such as University-wide events like We Day)
- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of three others; we got to work together to come up with media content for marketing (such as contests and video blogs)
- My management was great; they met weekly with us and we discussed ideas and went about or work on our own time.
lack of leadership but great learning experience
Part time job making and serving food to customers (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: constant turn over in staff
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 10, 2015
Nice professors and fellows, fun to communicate with students. Lead the lab section independently and guide students' assignments.
Excellent place to work
Summer Research Student (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 12, 2014
Very competitive interms of providing excellent working conditions and benefits.
Fascinating courses with the incredible coop program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Its been only 8 months for me in University of Waterloo and it has taught me so much. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have gained in these months and for the diverse group of people I had the chance to meet. I have seen that it is an innovative, world-class institution. Academically, I experienced the fascinating management sciences courses offered by Waterloo’s Faculty of Engineering. I learned how interesting and broad the field of management sciences truly is. I learned about how organizations achieve business success and about how the economy functions. Overall, the first semester of my program was academically rigorous and extremely rewarding.
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 9, 2014
I come to university at 9:30 and start my work by answering questions from students about the course. Every week, I set up an office hour specifically for answering students' questions. As well, I give them tutorial weekly. I used to prepare some relevant materials such as summarizing the concepts and making up corresponding questions before the tutorials.My colleges are masters and phd students. Sometimes, I will face with a lot of tasks at one time and have to management them wisely. However, when I get compliments from professors and students, I feel extremely happy.
Student at the University of Waterloo
Research Study Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 6, 2015
As a student, there were countless hours of studying, dozens of all nighters, hundreds of lecture slides of material, and one great achievement. I learnt everything there is to know about the human body and how it works, what its made of and how to help preserve it. My colleagues were excellent, as were my professors. The hardest part was studying for long periods of time, but the greatest part was all of the great people you met with the same interests as yourself.
Headquarters