University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Canada

good work place
Full time Master's student ECE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 9, 2016
fun in working there. Good managers,good ethics,good rules and regulations,good working environments,good administration,good every thing.
Pros
good salary
Cons
nil
Great place to work to gain experience for my future in a career in policing.
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NOctober 12, 2015
This position allowed me to gain experience in ticket writing, note taking, etc. which will be beneficial for a career in policing. I enjoyed my co-workers and the duties in which I was assigned.
Pros
The fact that I had multiple duties and not the same thing all the time.
Cons
Contract position.
The Uw
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Fun place to work with some what supportive management. It wasn't always about the numbers but about how the customers and staff felt. I most enjoyed about working there was how you could learn new things from the other staff and how they learned things from you.
Multi culture work and study place with a lot for learning
1- Supervisor of academic research projects (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 1, 2016
I learn a lot every day at UW.
I am studying Non-destructive testing.
Mu co-workers are students from all over the world.
Great Profs and Peers
Assisting a professor. (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Canada's best university in engineering. Profs have industry connections that can help launch your career. Profs understand students in a very personalized way.
A great place to work at
Casual Library Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 9, 2015
The Geospatial Centre has a very supportive environment, everyone who takes interest in learning GIS or seeking advice in their projects involving GIS applications will find their answers here. Occasionally there are internal projects that aims to provide convenience to other people.
Good
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good research experience with my professor. Sometimes little or no help was given on a programming problem and need a lot of individual, unsupported work.
Good environment for research
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2015
time flexible
Supportive
Computational resource
The most enjoyable prat of the job was working along my colleagues and learning from them.
Fun place to work
Fieldwork Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 2, 2015
This work allowed me to get hands on experience to work with nature. This work also allowed me to get some valuable work experience while being enrolled at the University.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Short term position
Best place to enhance your academic and professional skills
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Best School in Canada for innovation and research. In the fast growing research in nano technology and quantum mechanics, UW is ahead of many other universities.
Fun place
Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2015
Learn a lot of technical Skills from my school and grow my computer knowledge there. A good place for networking with professionals.
The best working environment
Research Assistant, (Full Time Graduate student) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 9, 2015
University of Waterloo provided the best work environment, Working there as a research and teaching assistant made me learn lot of stuff and was really challenging.
Marking assignment and proctor exams
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy woking in the University of Waterloo. The average work load is 5 hour / week. They gave us extra $1,000 as an award each term.
lack of leadership but great learning experience
Part time job making and serving food to customers (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2015
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant turn over in staff
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Great place for continuous learning and knowledge. Peers are nice and knowledgeable. It was fun working there. It is magical world of study and work.
good work/study place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  waterloo, ONSeptember 15, 2015
very very good school to study and learn new things and explore new technologies, good research environments to nurture new R&D
Student at the University of Waterloo
Research Study Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 6, 2015
As a student, there were countless hours of studying, dozens of all nighters, hundreds of lecture slides of material, and one great achievement. I learnt everything there is to know about the human body and how it works, what its made of and how to help preserve it. My colleagues were excellent, as were my professors. The hardest part was studying for long periods of time, but the greatest part was all of the great people you met with the same interests as yourself.
Great place to study
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 9, 2015
Quiet town, educated population.

Laid back Work culture, too laid back at times...

But best place to study in Canada for Computer Science
Work experience at University of waterloo
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day often started with responding to students` emails and text messages regarding assignment guidelines. During office hours, you were required to provide guidance and review students assignment. The fun part was doing tutorials with students, you got to learn a lot. The hardest part of this job was to respond to all the quiries from students. Nonetheless, the learning experience and sense of accomplishment was rewarding.
Pros
rewarding experience, educational benefits
Cons
short deadlines and long hours of sitting to correct student`s assignments
Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2015
• Good salary and environment for students as part-time jobs
• Flexible time of working