University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Canada

Intriguing research
Nanotechnology Researcher (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2016
Very friendly working group and encourages self-learning. Good for students who want to pursue higher education or interested in research.
Exciting Workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 28, 2015
Great staff, exciting atmosphere, always changing. Working at the university was very rewarding and positive. Was able to meet many individuals and was constantly reevaluated to ensure safety.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor choices of hours
Multi culture work and study place with a lot for learning
1- Supervisor of academic research projects (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 1, 2016
I learn a lot every day at UW.
I am studying Non-destructive testing.
Mu co-workers are students from all over the world.
Good
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good research experience with my professor. Sometimes little or no help was given on a programming problem and need a lot of individual, unsupported work.
Fun place
Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 6, 2015
Learn a lot of technical Skills from my school and grow my computer knowledge there. A good place for networking with professionals.
A great place to work at
Casual Library Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 9, 2015
The Geospatial Centre has a very supportive environment, everyone who takes interest in learning GIS or seeking advice in their projects involving GIS applications will find their answers here. Occasionally there are internal projects that aims to provide convenience to other people.
Good environment for research
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2015
time flexible
Supportive
Computational resource
The most enjoyable prat of the job was working along my colleagues and learning from them.
Fun place to work
Fieldwork Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 2, 2015
This work allowed me to get hands on experience to work with nature. This work also allowed me to get some valuable work experience while being enrolled at the University.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Short term position
Marking assignment and proctor exams
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy woking in the University of Waterloo. The average work load is 5 hour / week. They gave us extra $1,000 as an award each term.
Best place to enhance your academic and professional skills
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON, CanadaOctober 6, 2015
Best School in Canada for innovation and research. In the fast growing research in nano technology and quantum mechanics, UW is ahead of many other universities.
The best working environment
Research Assistant, (Full Time Graduate student) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 9, 2015
University of Waterloo provided the best work environment, Working there as a research and teaching assistant made me learn lot of stuff and was really challenging.
Excellent place to work
Summer Research Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 12, 2014
Very competitive interms of providing excellent working conditions and benefits.
Great place to study
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 9, 2015
Quiet town, educated population.

Laid back Work culture, too laid back at times...

But best place to study in Canada for Computer Science
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Great place for continuous learning and knowledge. Peers are nice and knowledgeable. It was fun working there. It is magical world of study and work.
good work/study place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  waterloo, ONSeptember 15, 2015
very very good school to study and learn new things and explore new technologies, good research environments to nurture new R&D
very productive and cooperative co-workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 26, 2014
A typical day at the job starts with a fresh cup coffee. The working environment is so friendly and refreshing. what I have learnt from this job is how to handle stress and be productive through out the day. I have learnt to take challenges and handle every situation no matter how hard it maybe. The management team and the co-workers were extremely cooperative and helpful. the hardest part of the job was, off course, the long hours but anyhow I have managed it very well at my own. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers and the professor I was working under, they made my days at work go by so quick and easy.
Pros
easy going, less hectic
Productive, flexible schedule
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 28, 2013
Comfortable environment, fund raised money for the University of Waterloo for their funding.
lack of leadership but great learning experience
Part time job making and serving food to customers (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2015
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant turn over in staff
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 5, 2014
Competitive salary as a student, and its a great place to work
Internship at my University
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2014
 Tested and repaired activities associated with network and telecommunications applications
 Resolved technical problems for network applications, hardware and software
 Acted as a technical resource in assisting users and the Help Desk to resolve incidents
 Performed Network Security activities such as SAP, LAN and system backup and recovery
 Ensured security was appropriate for each team members and controlled access to various applications
 Interacted with the Project Management team and vendors on software and hardware in the implementation and configuration of the technology solution
Pros
familiar and quiet environment.
Cons
nothing

4.6