University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not a healthy environment
Faculty (Former Employee), AHSJune 13, 2014
I worked in a health field yet the work-life balance was anything but healthy.
Diversified working environment with great potential professional opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 27, 2014
Great place to work, especially when financial aid is needed
Hard working and innovative
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 15, 2014
University of Waterloo famous for its co-educational program. It has very high reputation in Science and Engineering. There are nearly 26,000 undergraduate and over 4,000 post-graduate students. Alumni and former students of the university can be found across Canada and in over 140 countries.
amazing
student (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 8, 2014
friendly environment, lots of opportunities along with good working environment and kind people
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2014
• Proctored exams, organized markers to mark exam papers and recorded the marks
• Responded the web task and created answers for quizzes and assignments
• Organized tutorial lectures and helped students in the tutorial center
Productive, Stress free work environment
Web Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: felexible hours
• Built and maintained server side and client side software programs
• Designed web pages, web Interfaces, graphics, images
• Developed builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking
• Database schema design and administration
Rewarding experience
Supported Learning Group Leader (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 19, 2014
The work I did with the Student Success Office and the department of Economics at UW was based on providing ECON 101 students with a safe and inviting learning environment that promoted self learning and good studying habits as well as reinstating the lecture content through biweekly supported learning group sessions. It was a great experience helping – more... students not only understand lecture material but also help them in understanding university life, school dynamics and opportunities available academically and socially on campus. – less
PhD Gradudated School
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: time constrained(need to graduate), low wage(stipend for student is limited)
Graduated school in University of Waterloo. Heavily depends on your supervisor and project.
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee), Stratford, ONApril 5, 2014
Competitive salary as a student, and its a great place to work
A great place to work
Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 29, 2014
Considerate and perceptive managers. Excellent work/life balance.
It was a learning experience.
Fire Safety Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 25, 2014
Mostly involved theoretical research with some forms of practical research.management was very supportive.
Promoted the Residences at UWaterloo
Residence Marketer and Promoter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great networking
Cons: less larger event planning
- Helped set up various promotions and events (such as University-wide events like We Day)
- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of three others; we got to work together to come up with media content for marketing (such as contests and video blogs)
- My management was great; they met weekly with us and we discussed ideas and went – more... about or work on our own time. – less
Informative Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 13, 2014
I look forward to work in such an environment always. Learning in such an environment is always fun. The management and co-workers are always friendly and I just loved my project. The hardest part of the job is night shift. The most enjoyable part is everything related to this job.
Fun workplace
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great people and workplace.
This coop experience taught me about various laboratory skills and animal care skills.
Warm positive environment
CONSULTANT, RESEARCH (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Positive environment which fosters both growth team work and critical thinking.
Enjoyable and friendly place to work at
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Fun, interactive, enlightening and progressive work environment
Fast-moving, creative workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 14, 2014
As a teaching assistant, I made my own lesson plans out of teaching outlines provided by the course professor. The environment was quick moving and marking required submission by a deadline. I utilized communication skills daily through presenting material to my class and improved on my editing stills.
Stable and promising company
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Great environment to work in. Flexible time schedules. Great work/life balance. Amazing management. Strict, yet friendly.
Fascinating courses with the incredible coop program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Its been only 8 months for me in University of Waterloo and it has taught me so much. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have gained in these months and for the diverse group of people I had the chance to meet. I have seen that it is an innovative, world-class institution. Academically, I experienced the fascinating management sciences courses – more... offered by Waterloo’s Faculty of Engineering. I learned how interesting and broad the field of management sciences truly is. I learned about how organizations achieve business success and about how the economy functions. Overall, the first semester of my program was academically rigorous and extremely rewarding. – less
Productive and friendly work environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2014
As a graduate student at both Master and PhD levels, I have true, hands-on experience of working in a lab in general and basic techniques in biology field in particular. Also, I am used to operating state-of-the-art equipment and monitoring maintenance schedules in lab. I have taken part in planning experiments as well as evaluating test results. In – more... addition, I was responsible for maintaining biohazard and radiation safety standards, and ensuring proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and biological agents.
In addition to the lab work, I have recorded, calculated, and analyzed data, and prepared reports. I work closely with a team of researchers and learned the value of good lab practice. I work well as a team member, am very reliable and organized, and willing to learn. – less

1 2 3 4

About University of Waterloo

The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded – Read more