The Centre for Extended Learning, University of Waterloo is currently hiring to support the development of online courses funded through the recently announced Ontario Online initiative.
Online Learning Consultant (instructional designer) positions are available for both arts/social science and math/science specialists. The OLC helps faculty design online courses and manages the development process as part of a professional team within Extended Learning.
- experience applying sound pedagogical design in online learning at the post-secondary level
- experience providing instructional design guidance to faculty in a mentoring or development role
- strong project management skills and experience; able to successfully lead projects and teams
- experience with the effective application of a learning management system (LMS) and other e-learning technologies; experience with Desire2Learn an asset
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- a master degree (minimum) in instructional design, instructional technology, adult education, or a related field, with 1-2 years experience in a related role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This is a full-time contract position, USG 10, available immediately. The term is 8-12 months with the possibility of extension.
Please submit applications, indicating your specialization, in a PDF file, to:
Director, Centre for Extended Learning
University of Waterloo
“Over its history, the University of Waterloo has been a leader in online education and through the new Ontario Online initiative, we look forward to using this experience for the benefit of students throughout Ontario.”
President and Vice Chancellor, University of Waterloo