The University of Waterloo is seeking a Learning Management System/Quality Assurance Specialist, to join the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) Course Production team.
This is a 12 month, full time position, with the possibility of extension.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Online learning has a long history at Waterloo, and is considered an area of strength for the institution. CEL has a staff of over 50 involved in the development, delivery, and management of over 300 credit and non-credit online course offerings with approximately 18,000 student course registrations annually. Approximately 50 new online courses are developed each year. In each term, approximately 120 courses must be updated, quality-checked, and prepared for offer.
- Complete course setup within uWaterloo’s learning management system (LMS), Desire2Learn.
- Revise HTML, scripting and CSS in all courses as necessary.
- Perform comprehensive technical testing and proofing of all course components; ensuring readiness for the start of term.
- Assist with the development of new online courses, as it pertains to the effective use of the LMS.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, collaborating with course authors/instructors and CEL colleagues as required to meet course delivery objectives.
- Experience using a learning management system for online course development (experience with Desire2Learn an advantage).
- Experience with manipulating HTML and CSS.
- Excellent online writing skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, meet deadlines, and use good judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Ability to interact successfully with instructors, and communicate expectations and suggestions effectively.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
- A university or college degree or diploma in a related field.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded in 1957 and...