In just half a century, the University of Waterloo, located at the heart of Canada’s technology hub, has become a leading comprehensive university with 34,000 full- and part-time students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Consistently ranked Canada’s most innovative university, Waterloo is home to advanced research and teaching in science and engineering, health, environment, arts and social sciences. From quantum computing and nanotechnology to clinical psychology and health sciences research, Waterloo brings ideas and brilliant minds together, inspiring innovations with real impact today and in the future.
The University of Waterloo is currently searching for an IT Administrator for our Federation of Students. The IT Administrator is part of a small team that maintains the Federation of Students' IT systems and services. As part of this team they will support the existing systems and users of those systems, as well as assist in the investigation, acquisition, development, deployment, and maintenance of new IT systems. These systems include Windows desktop software and operating systems, Windows and Linux server software and operating systems, Point-of-sale software and hardware, and multifunction printers. The position is client-centred, and requires frequent communication and interaction with the users of the Federation of Students IT systems.
This exciting opportunity requires the following:
- University degree in computer science or program related to information technologies or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server including set up and maintenance. Experience troubleshooting in a PC/Windows environment with strong knowledge of PC/Windows based applications.
- Strong technical knowledge of PC and networking hardware.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of web and point-of-sale applications.
- Responsibilities include the evaluation, installation, user training and support of hardware and software.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently and as part of a team in a busy and varied environment.
- Some lifting and transporting of heavy and awkward equipment required.
- Some evening, weekend and holiday work required
This position is graded at USG 6. Salary range is $40000 - 50000
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume in one file to hrresume @uwaterloo.ca quoting 2051 - IT Administrator, FEDS
Please visit http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00005830.html for more information and a full job description.
The University of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Waterloo supports internal promotion and growth. We thank each applicant for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.