The Faculty of Arts, University of Waterloo, requires a full-time Communications and Graduate Recruitment Officer (CGRO) with a strong digital media skill-set. As a key member of the Arts Communications team based within the Dean of Arts Office, the CGRO will be responsible for producing content for all communication channels and audiences, with a special focus at strategic times of the year on prospective graduate students. In particular the GCRO will be responsible for developing and managing a vibrant and effective social media presence for the Faculty of Arts, as well as ongoing enhancements to our websites.
- Hold a university degree, preferably in English, drama, journalism, communications or equivalent (graduate degree preferred);
- Demonstrate excellent writing, editing and content development skills;
- Possess journalistic acumen and intellectual curiosity regarding current affairs and relevance of humanities, social sciences and creative arts teaching and research;
- Have experience working in a post-secondary setting, preferably within humanities, social sciences and creative arts fields;
- Have several years’ progressive experience in a communications role, including experience using social media to meet strategic goals;
- Have hands-on experience with online interfaces to publish and manage content (e.g., web content management system, social media platforms, analytics programs);
- Be a creative thinker with a good sense for visual design;
- Be familiar with advertising concepts and development process;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for engaging professionally and productively with diverse audience groups, including faculty, staff, students, and prospective students;
- Be well-organized, efficient, resourceful, and able to prioritize and advance multiple projects.
For full job description, visit http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00005644.html
Qualified candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume by February 17th
Note: those invited to an interview will be required to provide a portfolio of writing samples.
Indeed - 2 years ago
The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded in 1957 and...