The Engineering Undergraduate Office in the Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a full time position at the rank of First Year Demonstrator. Applicants must have earned a Masters degree in an engineering discipline or a closely related area. It is anticipated that the appointment will begin July 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
For a full job description see http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00001346.html
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid background in the areas of computer programming, electric circuits and electromagnetic theory is required.
- Strong background in first year engineering calculus, algebra and physics required.
- Exceptional ability to tutor and instruct students in first year engineering courses.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong mentoring relationships for tutoring and advising first year engineering students.
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Supervisory experience in a technical environment is highly desirable.
- Engineering experience and eligibility for licensing as a Professional Engineer in Ontario are assets.
- Following University of Waterloo policy, at the conclusion of the one-year probationary term, a continuing appointment as a First Year Demonstrator will be considered.
- This appointment is subject to the availability of funds.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Waterloo encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, native peoples and persons with disabilities.
The University of Waterloo, located at the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle, is one of Canada’s leading comprehensive universities. We’re home to 30,000 full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students who are dedicated to making the future better and brighter. Waterloo, known for the largest post-secondary co-operative education program of its kind in the world, supports enterprising partnerships in learning, research and discovery.