University of Victoria Employee Review

View all University of Victoria reviews

Very enjoyable work atmosphere
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 October 2013
Alongside personal research I aided in general lab maintenance and occasionally the research of my colleagues, whom were very receptive, thoughtful and resourceful. Hardest part of the job was experimental design. Flexible hours made the job very reasonable; work was enjoyable.
Pros
Great people, awesome campus, wonderful atmosphere.
Cons
Low Pay

Other University of Victoria Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment and Great Workspace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 December 2017
A typical day would be spending an hour or two waiting for students to come in and ask me for help. Then I would answer their questions to the best of my ability and make sure they understood.

I learned different ways of thinking and gained a stronger understanding of what I was tutoring.

It was easy to talk to others in the department, the ones who hired me and the ones who helped me with payroll. Everyone was always friendly and excited (many in that department are also professors that have had me before).

Workplace culture does not apply to me because I worked by myself, though if I needed any help at all I was free to ask anyone in the department and they would point me in the right direction. Since I am only a student and did not work more than 5 hours a week generally, I cannot say much for benefits or policies and so on.

The hardest part of the job was giving out the correct information to students who were asking for help, and trying to make it as clear as possible.

My favourite part of the job was helping the students understand something they didn't before. Their excitement or the click in their heads once they get something is one of the best experiences to have.
productive and fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 October 2017
I like working at Uvic. It is the best place I have ever worked in. Colleagues are usually students which makes the workplace more fun. There are people from different countries and you get to know different cultures as well.