University of Victoria Employee Review

View all University of Victoria reviews

A diverse and intellectually stimulating environment
Telephone Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 September 2013
The University of Victoria's Center on Aging offered diverse and intellectually stimulating work to their employees. I was personally employed by the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging and my duties included using a research specific program to conduct hour long interviews with volunteers from British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. My coworkers were mostly fellow students of the University of Victoria, but also included many older adults. All of us wanting to be part of a research study that will be used for generations to better the health of our aging population. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable, interviewing an aging population. Many people were cooperative and offered unique and insightful information, yet there were always a few who required special care. I took with me a new perspective on aging, strengthened interpersonal communication skills, and a passion for social justice.
Pros
Interviews, coworkers, work environment, work culture
Cons
short hours, no benefits

Other University of Victoria Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 October 2017
I like working at Uvic. It is the best place I have ever worked in. Colleagues are usually students which makes the workplace more fun. There are people from different countries and you get to know different cultures as well.
A place to grow and make life long friends
Resident Assistant Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 October 2017
Being a CL in Uvic posed a great place for me to become a person that understands their impact on their community. It was a place that helped me realize the importance of being a good listener and creating a positive university experience on young incoming freshman.