University of Victoria Employee Review

View all University of Victoria reviews

Part-time sale associate, cafe server or customer service
No (Current Employee) –  No8 May 2014
Flexible time to work at any time and any day.
basic cashier skills is experienced
basic sale associate skill is experienced
The hardest part of the work is deal with unexpected problems reasonably and solve properly
Solve customers' problem and help them to find out the best product fit them. Work with team members and help each other.
Pros
free meals(lunch or dinner)
Cons
long time work over 6 hours or work late after 9 o' clock

Other University of Victoria Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 January 2018
I had a great time working for University of Victoria food services. They are a great bunch of people to work for. The supervising staff was always super friendly and easy to talk to.
Friendly Environment and Great Workspace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 December 2017
A typical day would be spending an hour or two waiting for students to come in and ask me for help. Then I would answer their questions to the best of my ability and make sure they understood.

I learned different ways of thinking and gained a stronger understanding of what I was tutoring.

It was easy to talk to others in the department, the ones who hired me and the ones who helped me with payroll. Everyone was always friendly and excited (many in that department are also professors that have had me before).

Workplace culture does not apply to me because I worked by myself, though if I needed any help at all I was free to ask anyone in the department and they would point me in the right direction. Since I am only a student and did not work more than 5 hours a week generally, I cannot say much for benefits or policies and so on.

The hardest part of the job was giving out the correct information to students who were asking for help, and trying to make it as clear as possible.

My favourite part of the job was helping the students understand something they didn't before. Their excitement or the click in their heads once they get something is one of the best experiences to have.