University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Fair and supportive
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Being a TA was one of my best experiences, something I looked forward to everyday. The wage was high, and people were friendly; very easy to get to work.
Visiting Medical Student
Visiting Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
provides clinical
training in emergency medicine at the University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sick Kids Hospital and McMaster
University. It also provides cultural and interfaith activities in Toronto, Canada.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
A typical day at work
Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Its fun working in my current job, I monitor the exam hall and look out for students who who commits Academic Integrity. The colleges are always helpful and they equally distribute the workload to reduce stress.
Pros
Better rate
Cons
Boring sometimes
Adjusts to Schedule Easily
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Fun working environment, everybody is really understanding and help out when they can. The hardest part of the job was organising events, the most enjoyable part was the success of the events afterwards. I learned how to be a leader and run a team effectively.
Awesome teaching environment
Clinical Dental Hygiene Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Exciting teaching environment that cultivates higher enhanced learning for students.
Work with outstanding fellow dental professionals who are all committed to mentoring dental students.
It lives up to its reputation.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Lots of great labs and professors, if you do the work and understand the material good grades and a lab position are possible to achieve. Grading is very strict, beware of curve.
asdfsdfs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
The University of Toronto is a global leader in research and teaching. We provide diverse and extensive areas of study organized around intimate learning communities. That is what creates an exceptional learning environment for our students. Customize your education at U of T and join a network of over 500,000 accomplished alumni around the world.
Fascinating experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
This school taught me everything I know and aside to giving me the opportunities to connect within my social sphere, it also provided some very unqiue learning experience (i.e. the labs that I volunteered in). It was nice to get to test out the waters in certain roles before committing to them.
Excellent workplace environment with great staff members
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Depending on the time of the shift, I would be asked to do various tasks. Whether it's giving a tour to 20+ prospective applicants, answering phone calls and even emails or even sitting down with an applicant in the office and explaining them the procedure of how to apply at Canada's #1 University. The workplace culture is extremely friendly and very live. The hardest part of the job would probably be able to communicate your thoughts to a person who doesn't necessarily understand English fluently - it would usually require a lot of patience to handle situations like these. But overall, working here is a very enjoyable and fun workplace to be in.
Pros
Positive Environemnt
Cons
Constant communication
productive and fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Hart House was sensitive to the student ambassador's study-work life balance. The perk of being a student ambassador was that it was your job to monitor events and makes sure they were organized and fun.
Pros
Free food, your job was to make others have fun
Cons
events would often be late and irregular
excellent!
Employment Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
great working there, I had a lot of fun. The job was demanding to a degree, but it was great working with students, and being able to help them on a daily basis.
fun
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Great place to work and would highly recommend. Good food, great people. lots of activities to do. Campus is great and parking is good as well. over wall good
Temporary Service
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
The University of Toronto is an excellent work environment in order to get to know your fellow professors and lab mates. The benefits they give you are excellent and the environment itself is relaxing but stressful at times.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Repetitive Tasks, Very Demanding Work
Great place to network.
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
A server to students and other customers daily. Ive had the opportunity of serving and working besides Canada's prestige government officials. It is a great place to network and build your name and reputation while being at work.
Great place to work for student perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work for retail experience and for perks beneficial to students. Many different task opportunities to keep from being bored. You meet tons of students and get a feel for the campus life. Can also be a great opportunity to meet professors.
Pros
Discounts, staff parties
Cons
Prolonged standing
Comfortable and Encouraging Work Environment
Digital Communication Strategist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
U of T is a terrific place to work. The campuses are unique and scenic, the work is challenging and stimulating, and the overall environment is unlike those in which most people work.
Pros
Flexibility, job security
an exciting and very touching work opportunity
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
My experience working with Uoft has been positive, volunteering as an orientation has helped me grow and develop my people skills. The overall experience was positive because we (the leaders) were provided with a comfortable amount of leniency in order to be able to work efficiently without being too overwhelmed
Incredible
Scholarship holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto3 April 2017
The University was an incredible place to intern, since the labs were always stocked, and the help that the other researchers provided was great as well.
Gained a lot of research experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work with various types of research techniques and gained experience with presenting results of the experiments. Interacted with post-docs and PhD students