University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Good
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked for a seminar, and everyone here was extremely professional. Knew what they were talking about and extremely organized
Fun and exciting workplace, with gym
Member of Athletic Progam (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
Great work experience, fun filled, and passionate people.
typically filled with sport related activities, and the organization of the events.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, Exciting,
U of T Pom Team Spirit Co-ordinator/Captain (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
A high energy position requiring a lot of dedication. An experience that comes once in a lifetime and lets you make friends that will last a lifetime.
Innovative
Process Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) is a federal Crown corporation responsible for the long-term, contractual arrangement with Canadian National Energy Alliance (CNEA) for the management and operation of Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) under a Government-owned, Contractor-operated (GoCo) model. This follows the announcement by the Government of Canada in June 2015 of the selection of CNEA through a competitive procurement process. AECL works to monitor performance under the GoCo arrangement to meet Government objectives.
Tensive but beneficial
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
The study in University of Toronto was full of challenges. However, it was also exciting with suprises. University of Toronto provides a lot of resources which are very help for future career build-up but it is up to you to discover these resources and services
productive, small work team environment
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
small work team environment, easy to get along with co-workers. very small building, and most of the work occured in the basement.
Great place to work for students.
Soccer Convener (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
An enjoyable work experience for students at the University. More enjoyable for those that are student-athletes because they get to work in an environment that they are familiar with. Great staff as well.
Intellectually regirous and enlightning
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
working hours were flexible and I could work from anywhere. It was basically researching literature and developing a work plan. I am part of developing a research manual for the community based researcher. It has been a great learning experience working with the professor who is the lead researcher for a SSHRC funded project. It is too much based on computer but most fun thing about working on this project is it intellectually empowering.
Pros
flexisble and fun
Cons
too table/computer based
Easy and fun
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
The work I was doing for a professor was super easy. I had to collect literatures for her research and it was great learning experience, especially researching webpages of the university and other portal. The nature of work was flexible and fun we could talk and have meetings at a café. The hardest part is spending too much time on computer.
Pros
Flexisble
Cons
too computer based
Great place to work!
Sediment Geochemistry Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical day involves lab work doing titration, and spectophotometric analysis of lake water. I have learned proper lab techniques such as titration, pipetting, spectophotometry, data collection.

Working in the lab is quite enjoyable and I love working here.
It is my master project
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
I am appreciated to study under my supervisor in University of Toronto and co-supervisor in Toronto General Hospital. I strengthen my project management skill and time management skill. My colleagues are professional and helpful. It is a great opportunities to meet everyone.
Interesting work, inadequate pay, good professional development
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
The joys and drawbacks of teaching are well-known. U of T as an employer is respectful and flexible, providing lots of support to both teachers and students. There is lots of competition for instructor jobs, so the salaries will never properly compensate you for the work you do. You take the job for the experience.
fun workplace!
Infobooth Assistant and Duck Stop Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
Amazing place to work very convenient as a student because it is right on campus! Very malleable to different academic needs and class requirements friendly staff environment.
Productive place to work with great supervisory staff
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
-Supportive co-workers and managerial staff
-Typical workday is fairly hectic, but adequate training and all round support is provided.
-Work environment is peaceful,cheerful and incredibly positive
Fun learning experience
student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
Featherstone Music
After school I would teach kids between the ages of 4-12 piano from half an hour to an hour. I learned how to cater to students individual learning styles and how to manage time between teaching songs and working/developing students technical skills. The hardest part of the job was to determine when to challenge the student more or when to stay on a particular piece/skill and develop it. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the student progress with every piece and seeing him/her realize he/she made a mistake and fixed it.

Hospital for Sick Children
I would get NF1 cells from the incubator and look at the effects of lithium on these cells. I learned valuable research skills such as cell culture and keeping a neat lab notebook. I learned how to manage my time between different aspects of the experiment in order for optimal use of time in the lab. My mentors would teach me lab skills such as western blot and cell culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting results whether they were expected or not expected and being taught how to analyze and interpret data
Pros
experience!
Cons
Hours would be after a long day of class
Productive and fun environment
CSC108 Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
It's a very good salary for a fun work environment. UofT is definitely a place to consider for job opportunities.
I would say that it is difficult to get a job with the faculty but once you do, it's a very enjoyable experience.
Beautiful place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2016
Very exciting environment to work in, I love working with professors. it is also a very nice opportunity to networking with other professors and industry professionals.
Exciting and Fun Environment to Work in
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Score kept live broadcasted varsity games where our team was given specific instructions at a fast pace
Managed the game sheet and collaborated with referees during the game
Managed the game clock and communicated with the worker on the game sheet at a fast pace to make sure the information matched the main screen at all times.
Set up camera and recorded game film for coaches on both teams
Great place to learn and grow
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
Was given the opportunity to volunteer my time working on research and document review. Worked alongside Ph.D. candidates and other bachelor volunteers on a textbook manuscript.
Graphic Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto26 April 2016
Great place to work. Lots of nice hardworking people. Flexible hours (contract). Department was going through restructuring - this was a time of some uncertainty. Overall great experience.
Pros
Flexibility with working hours (contract).

4.4