University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Professional
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Very good location. No parking around. Nice atmosphere of university life. No good food around. Nice projects. Good managers. Best co-workers. Good salary!
Fulfilling but also lacking
Team Member - Communication and Design Project (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2017
Course material is useful for learning but is not presented in an intuitively during lectures.

Lack of communication between professors and students in general.
Creative atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
My time as an intern at UTSC's Department of Communications and Public Affairs was both enjoyable and informative. The team that I worked with were so kind and supportive. I was able to work on different types of assignments - from writing articles to conceptualizing and editing videos for the University's social media pages. It was a creative environment where pitches and suggestions were always welcome.
Pros
Great hours, supportive colleagues
Great School
Orientation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Good working environment - great people
Learned to lead a team and enhanced time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
Hard to get through bureaucratic system within the larger university, sometimes takes long to get things done
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
As a undegra teaching assistant at University of Toronto, the salary paid was amazing and the health coverage is great with $300 per term. The professors are nice to work with.
Interesting Opportunities
Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Although supervisor was originally seeking to fill a particular job requirement, job culture was keen on maximizing individual assets. Multiple opportunities to explore new and further develop skill sets.
Pros
Accommodating
Fun place to work with a really good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
Job is easy and very rewarding as the discounts on clothes and textbooks etc are great. Staff is very helpful and provides a great opportunity to learn on the job.
learning
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Life time experience to work in a leading university. Have a great and comfortable work culture. Faculty awards to encourage good teaching practices is a great idea.
Wonderful workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was an environment where I learned a lot of new skills. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I was permitted a flexible work schedule and was impressed by how supportive the staff were.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
I love working here and it is great. I love it. Great organization that is lovely and great and great people and beautiful women there. you have no idea.
Great flexibility and learning culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
Main tasks include tutorial teaching, invigilating exams, marking exams and holding office hours. It is a good exposure to communication skills and analytical skills, as you will need to coach students in a classrooms, answer their questions, and standing in front of many students.
Good place for students to learn
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
Good place for students to learn, many resources to utilize and easy to get to by transportation. Had great guidance as a student while also being allowed to work independently.
Fair and supportive
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Being a TA was one of my best experiences, something I looked forward to everyday. The wage was high, and people were friendly; very easy to get to work.
Visiting Medical Student
Visiting Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
provides clinical
training in emergency medicine at the University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sick Kids Hospital and McMaster
University. It also provides cultural and interfaith activities in Toronto, Canada.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
A typical day at work
Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Its fun working in my current job, I monitor the exam hall and look out for students who who commits Academic Integrity. The colleges are always helpful and they equally distribute the workload to reduce stress.
Pros
Better rate
Cons
Boring sometimes
Adjusts to Schedule Easily
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Fun working environment, everybody is really understanding and help out when they can. The hardest part of the job was organising events, the most enjoyable part was the success of the events afterwards. I learned how to be a leader and run a team effectively.
Awesome teaching environment
Clinical Dental Hygiene Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Exciting teaching environment that cultivates higher enhanced learning for students.
Work with outstanding fellow dental professionals who are all committed to mentoring dental students.
It lives up to its reputation.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Lots of great labs and professors, if you do the work and understand the material good grades and a lab position are possible to achieve. Grading is very strict, beware of curve.
asdfsdfs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
The University of Toronto is a global leader in research and teaching. We provide diverse and extensive areas of study organized around intimate learning communities. That is what creates an exceptional learning environment for our students. Customize your education at U of T and join a network of over 500,000 accomplished alumni around the world.