University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews

fun workplace!
Infobooth Assistant and Duck Stop Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
Amazing place to work very convenient as a student because it is right on campus! Very malleable to different academic needs and class requirements friendly staff environment.
Productive place to work with great supervisory staff
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
-Supportive co-workers and managerial staff
-Typical workday is fairly hectic, but adequate training and all round support is provided.
-Work environment is peaceful,cheerful and incredibly positive
Fun learning experience
student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
Featherstone Music
After school I would teach kids between the ages of 4-12 piano from half an hour to an hour. I learned how to cater to students individual learning styles and how to manage time between teaching songs and working/developing students technical skills. The hardest part of the job was to determine when to challenge the student more or when to stay on a particular piece/skill and develop it. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the student progress with every piece and seeing him/her realize he/she made a mistake and fixed it.

Hospital for Sick Children
I would get NF1 cells from the incubator and look at the effects of lithium on these cells. I learned valuable research skills such as cell culture and keeping a neat lab notebook. I learned how to manage my time between different aspects of the experiment in order for optimal use of time in the lab. My mentors would teach me lab skills such as western blot and cell culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting results whether they were expected or not expected and being taught how to analyze and interpret data
Pros
experience!
Cons
Hours would be after a long day of class
Productive and fun environment
CSC108 Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
It's a very good salary for a fun work environment. UofT is definitely a place to consider for job opportunities.
I would say that it is difficult to get a job with the faculty but once you do, it's a very enjoyable experience.
Beautiful place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2016
Very exciting environment to work in, I love working with professors. it is also a very nice opportunity to networking with other professors and industry professionals.
Exciting and Fun Environment to Work in
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Score kept live broadcasted varsity games where our team was given specific instructions at a fast pace
Managed the game sheet and collaborated with referees during the game
Managed the game clock and communicated with the worker on the game sheet at a fast pace to make sure the information matched the main screen at all times.
Set up camera and recorded game film for coaches on both teams
Great place to learn and grow
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
Was given the opportunity to volunteer my time working on research and document review. Worked alongside Ph.D. candidates and other bachelor volunteers on a textbook manuscript.
Graphic Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto26 April 2016
Great place to work. Lots of nice hardworking people. Flexible hours (contract). Department was going through restructuring - this was a time of some uncertainty. Overall great experience.
Pros
Flexibility with working hours (contract).
Good springboard jobs into post undergrad political positions
Chief Returning Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2016
Nice people, work together as a team, very driven work culture, pay is low relative to work demand but valuable experience to be gained
really friendly working environment
CSR/General Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
all part-time staff are great. We are basically students from U of T. It is a friendly working environment. But we only get minimum pay and no benefits at all.
Very academic environment, with opportunities for the right individual to shine.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
I worked with a great team of Project Managers and co-workers, who were all very helpful. I learned the SAP system through courses and individual training, which is an additional asset.

This was my first exposure to a Public sector job, and I found the environment interesting, sometimes restrictive and somewhat stagnating, but looking back it was a good and secure place to be.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Job duties were not what I expected
Great work place environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
Got to have a great chance to work in a professional work place which also help me increase organizational skill but also help me understand which root to take in life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
temporary job
One of the best places for research and developing new ideas
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
I worked with very smart people and very good and helpful supervisor. I have learned very technical solution when I worked there. I improved my skills and updated my ability to get a new job.
Work place is extremely friendly and flexible.
Office Administrator/Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
A typical day at work usually involves with updating the cash registry, communication with the managerial team on updates/progress of the previous work date.
Management has always been on top of oncoming updates and transferring information to all workers, I have learned to communicate effectively and quickly to ensure the smoothest transition of information via email, telephone and in person.
Client inquiries ranged from easy tasks to difficult tasks, and from that I have learned how to diagnose their issues and provide a solution and/or recommendation.
One of the hardest part of the job is the sheer volume of clients you get in a day, and being able maintain composure for repetitive inquiries, difficult clients and/or issues with the cash registry. However, throughout my years of working here I have learned effective ways of maintaining professionalism without losing my composure.
I enjoyed making people's day and ensuring their issues are resolved as well as ensuring all transactions are processed and accounted for. I also enjoyed developing strong relationships with my co-workers and the managerial team.
Pros
Occassional Lunch treat, coffe/tea, understanding managerial team
Cons
Large volume of clients for only one or two staff per day.
I start to be a TA in my second year and I love this
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
High hour rate but with low hours assigned.
It is a super ideal part time job for undergraduate students and all the coworkers are polite and responsible.
Relatively less intense
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
You spend around three hours to prepare for every lab and another three to supervise 16 students to finish it and another three to mark all the lab reports.
Great community
President/CEO (Current Employee) –  University of Toronto30 March 2016
Excellent work environment for goal-oriented, ambitious individuals looking for professional development within the university community.
Good company to work with.
Outlets Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2016
a great work atmosphere and work culture.
management is nice and guides well.
All staff trained well and takes pride in the job they do.
Workplace Full of Energy
Services Supervisor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, ON14 March 2016
Supervisor is very accommodating and working with UTMSU has been very enjoyable experience overall! It is convenient to work at the same campus I go to school at!
Focus on our task to provide utmost satisfaction
CNC Programmer & Machininst (Former Employee) –  George Brown College6 March 2016
Learnt to be co operative in all means.
CNC troubleshooting and recovering problems.
I spent more time in programming my part. It is the hardest of all.

4.4