University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Challenging work
Summer Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day involved finding a module written in C, and making it programmable using a block with appropriate UI.

I had no co-workers and very little guidance.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
no coworkers
Very academic environment, with opportunities for the right individual to shine.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
I worked with a great team of Project Managers and co-workers, who were all very helpful. I learned the SAP system through courses and individual training, which is an additional asset.

This was my first exposure to a Public sector job, and I found the environment interesting, sometimes restrictive and somewhat stagnating, but looking back it was a good and secure place to be.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Job duties were not what I expected
too good to be true
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Everything is too good to be true, if you think it is right, but it is too good to be true . remember it

most part is routing
go there, take class, go home and finish the work
The project offerent a whole new perspective
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Working in a multidisciplinary team entails developing perspectives about how disciplines other than our own functions. It was useful to know what strengths can each team member contribute as well as where his/her weakness lies.
Active place to work
Program Analyst & Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto & St. Catharine's26 June 2016
It was very active and a place to do the work effectively and happily. The work was heavy and long, but it was interesting and did not feel the time passing. The staff was helpful and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great place to work!
Sediment Geochemistry Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical day involves lab work doing titration, and spectophotometric analysis of lake water. I have learned proper lab techniques such as titration, pipetting, spectophotometry, data collection.

Working in the lab is quite enjoyable and I love working here.
great place to be
Academic Presentations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
Statistics Canada is a great place to work at. Salary is awesome. Ability to learn and acquire new skills. Management is approachable and very helpful.
Tensive but beneficial
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
The study in University of Toronto was full of challenges. However, it was also exciting with suprises. University of Toronto provides a lot of resources which are very help for future career build-up but it is up to you to discover these resources and services
It is my master project
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
I am appreciated to study under my supervisor in University of Toronto and co-supervisor in Toronto General Hospital. I strengthen my project management skill and time management skill. My colleagues are professional and helpful. It is a great opportunities to meet everyone.
Research centered environment with lots of talented colleagues
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
U of T graduate students are some of the best in the world. Colleagues there are passionate about their fields, making it easy to draw inspiration.
Productive place to work with great supervisory staff
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
-Supportive co-workers and managerial staff
-Typical workday is fairly hectic, but adequate training and all round support is provided.
-Work environment is peaceful,cheerful and incredibly positive
Productive and fun environment
CSC108 Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
It's a very good salary for a fun work environment. UofT is definitely a place to consider for job opportunities.
I would say that it is difficult to get a job with the faculty but once you do, it's a very enjoyable experience.
Volunteer- no real paid job review.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2016
Volunteer- no paid job review. Being a volunteer creates a lot of experience but a lot of work with no real end product besides experience.
Fun and exciting workplace, with gym
Member of Athletic Progam (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
Great work experience, fun filled, and passionate people.
typically filled with sport related activities, and the organization of the events.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
intership
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
I just did my internship there for 1 week for my college, I love that place i learned a lot and really loved working with children
Productive environment.
Communication and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
One of the best places I've worked at. Productive environment. Great boss. High turnover because of constant higher ups change.
Great place to work for students.
Soccer Convener (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
An enjoyable work experience for students at the University. More enjoyable for those that are student-athletes because they get to work in an environment that they are familiar with. Great staff as well.
Graphic Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto26 April 2016
Great place to work. Lots of nice hardworking people. Flexible hours (contract). Department was going through restructuring - this was a time of some uncertainty. Overall great experience.
Pros
Flexibility with working hours (contract).
very good
Research Assistant/GIS Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
Teaching and research work is very good. All professors and colleagues are very cooperative. Teaching and research is very enjoyable part in my career.
University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Bookstore Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
The University of Toronto, Faculty of Law has been a pleasant and memorable workplace. The faculty is wonderful to work amongst. I've gained a tremendous amount of my office skills from working within different offices. I've been very thankful for the work experience and also the consideration of wonderful opportunities in different departments.
Pros
Staff Lunches, Faculty/Staff Parties

4.4