University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Creative Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
I am conducting the CFD modeling work to investigate the low-emission natural gas combustion technology in heavy-duty CI engines.
Good environment, creative, exciting, employees are helpful
Business Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Very big organization, lots of opportunity to relocate and grow. This is the University to work at, lots of research. You won't be disappointed.
Voluntary position that helps the community at University of Toronto
Overwatch Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Working with University of Toronto eSports has been a great experience for me. I have been able to quickly develop a large community for an up and coming eSport. I have made many new friends through the events I created and hosted. Although the network of University of Toronto could use more funding, and better management overall, I definitely feel satisfied with my contributions to the team.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Lack of funding
Graduate Student
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Very nice experience, great team, teamwork and very goal oriented.
High amounts of freedom to pursue research directions and also time managed settings.
Hard but fun workplace
Gymnastic Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
A typical day at work revolves entirely around the kids. My job was plan and facilitate a lesson that would be fun, inclusive and safe for children. I learnt to adapt to different situations in a quick manner, as well as accommodate children with various learning styles. The environment was stressful but everyone was very kind, supportive and encouraging making the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was the long, hot hours in a facility with minimal air conditioning available. This made it very difficult for the kids and the instructors because at times the conditions were unbearable, where it became unsafe for the campers and the staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing kids progress and building a relationship with not only the kids but the parents. This was very satisfying and worth all the hard work
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work conditions some times were very difficult with the heat
Worked there as a graduate student
Research Student (Ph.D) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
I was a graduate student at the University of Toronto in the Department of Chemistry. Facilities at the University are great and you have excellent access to scientific literature.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Lack of structure
Watershed assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
great environment with lots to learn. Treated with equality and part of the team. Would recommend to anyone. Note it is a work study position for students in uoft
Relax Place to Work At
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
It's a fun and relax work environment. Rarely stress because there are a lot of support from management. It's a good place to work if you'd like to understand how University works but there's a lack of advancement due to the lack of skills transferable.
Teaching experience
Teaching Assistant for MIE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Teaching undergrad and grad students about a topic that I care about is a wonderful experience in the university context. My supervisor helps me with the content and students are cooperating
Great work environment with chances to meet new people and serve the community.
Senior Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  University of Toronto15 February 2017
It is a great workplace. Everyone is friendly and approachable. It also provides us with the knowledge to file our own taxes and most importantly, they are helping the community.
Good Place to work!
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
There is a lot of opportunity at UofT. the staff are great and work environment pleasant!

The students make the job very enjoyable!
Pros
Cons
Stress
Fun group of guys
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
Pretty good group, student ran environment, very chill about everything, tends to be too chill sometimes. bureaucracy is somewhat messed up and confused at times. the entire performance really swings a lot depending on who is president that year
Pros
good exposure to world events
Cons
very sloppy chain of command
Very relaxed student positions
Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
As with most student positions on campus, very laid back with a lot of self-reliance and freedom from micromanaging bosses.
Customer service is important in this diverse enfironment
Records Assessor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
I found advancement difficult due to my age. However, I do possess a great deal of energy to perform any duty assigned. A typical day at work would consist of answering emails, working on student records, applying academic offences to student records. The Records Team, for the most part worked independently. Workplace culture is to be innovative and creative to make suggestions to improve work flow. The hardest part of the job is not enough student contact. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was congratulated for my initiative to improve work flow in our office.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Not enough student contact
Chill advisors
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Worked in conjunction with the OPP and a mining company and it was a great experience. I got to travel while on the job, do some things outside my comfort zone and offer some solutions that made an impact. I appreciate that my advisor was willing to take ideas from everyone and consider them equally. I enjoyed my time there.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
• Conducting general repair throughout the hotel
• Carried out all repairs of building, such as painting, plumbing and electrical
• Checking rooms by the installation program Can Fix it
Great Job
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The university of Toronto is a wonderful employer. Great opportunity to work at this University. I loved working in teams and would recommend others to apply for jobs at this University.
Pros
Great employees, positive environment
Cons
Prepare and conduct tutorial sessions
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Direct interaction with students during tutorial sessions. Have to present examples and demonstrate concepts learned in the classroom. Administrating tests and marking.
Very good but very boring work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  UofT17 January 2017
Very nice place to work on your own research since there are many other researchers working on new ideas every day. Aside from that, the entire process of my research was data analytics which I am not very interested in and therefore it was very boring and tiring job to do.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Boring task
Great team, with good leader
Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Great working experience while studying University of Toronto.

It was a lot of fun to work with the U of T's varsity teams, as a person who enjoys sport myself, I felt privileged to be part of the team.

I had a lot of control over my own graphics job, which made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Free varsity games

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4