University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Graduate Student
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Very nice experience, great team, teamwork and very goal oriented.
High amounts of freedom to pursue research directions and also time managed settings.
satisfactory
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
The University of Toronto was a satisfactory company to work for. Employees were treated well and fair. I felt comfortable approaching supervisors if i needed assistance.
UofT
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
The University of Toronto is a wonderful, fast paced workplace. It can be a fantastic employer and has a lot of perks, further education, tuition coverage and great benefits.
Pros
Education
Cons
Lay offs
Engaging and fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
The role of a practical leader consisted of solving weekly problem sets, quizzes, and mark lab notebooks.
As a leader, I learned time management skills and explored different ways of addressing a large group.
The most enjoyable aspect is to help students understand complex concepts by breaking down problems into smaller simple ones.
Lots of hands on tasks.
Videographer/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Recorded lectures for select university courses.
Mastered professional audio/video equipment and software,
maintained a database for archived videos.
Watershed assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
great environment with lots to learn. Treated with equality and part of the team. Would recommend to anyone. Note it is a work study position for students in uoft
Best Institution ever
Civil Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Best university in the world!
Satisfied with the education and residence.
Also, the libraries in UofT are so good with all student so focused
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Good place to work. Good employees and employer. Good building. Everything is good. Good good good. Almost near the minimum character limit...and it's done.
Good Place to work!
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
There is a lot of opportunity at UofT. the staff are great and work environment pleasant!

The students make the job very enjoyable!
Pros
Cons
Stress
Smart
Veterinary Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
Smart minds together. Good group of people. Lots of chances to learn. Atmosphere was supportive. Still keep in contact with many people as its a small but supportive community.
Always Contract
Back End Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
No hope of being regular. Strict working hours. Must come in at 8:45am and be gone by 5:00pm. If late, they don't want you to work extra to cover the time that you missed. Have employees here that are still only under contract even after working for so long. A manager was fired even after 10+ years just because he disagreed with the manager.
Good
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 December 2016
Loved working for University of Toronto. It was a great and welcoming atmosphere and taught me many things. My co-workers were the best. They made the job well worth it.
Review of every day
Manager of Caretaking and Stores Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
They are a Top 100 Employer , I thought the University would be organized a little better! Management does not back the Supervisor, most people are afraid every day about loosing their job, unless they are in the Union.
Pros
Short day, lots of Vacation, good Benifits
Cons
No overtime, No security
Best place ever!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
it's just awesome. It feels amazing to be part of the alumni and still be able to feel engaged. I enjoyed teaching to my fellow classmates and it was easy for me to book rooms in the library with perfect system that our university offers.
Creative Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
I am conducting the CFD modeling work to investigate the low-emission natural gas combustion technology in heavy-duty CI engines.
Creative Thinking Work Environment
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Everyday was a different and amazing. I acknowledged a lot from my senior developers and colleagues. I become even better at coding and learnt how to work as a team.
Great people to work with and a lot of things to learn
Finance Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I worked as a Financial Lab Assistant at U of T when I was a student there. I spent 8 hours per week in the lab; besides making sure the rules in the lab were followed, I spent most of the time learning about Bloomburg, Capital IQ and other equity research tools. Also, I was assigned financial modeling projects by the Finance Lab Librarian, from which I gained valuable experience. The salary of this position is not high, but I learnt a lot from it.
Great learning opportunity
Finance Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I spent 8 hours per week in the Finance Lab. Besides making sure the rules in the lab were followed, I spent most of the time learning about various equity research tools, e.g. Bloomburg, Capital IQ. Also, I was assigned financial modeling projects by the librarian, from which I gained valuable experience. The hourly pay was not high, but this is a great opportunity to learn more about the finance and investment industry.
Great place to start off
Network/Security Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
Friendly co-workers, room to learn and improve, lots of projects to get involved in but slow-paced and lacked urgency for entry level workers. No gatherings such as christmas parties etc.
Pros
Opportunity to learn alot with smart people
Cons
lack of work culture which encourages team building
Friendly working environment with informative training.
Research Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Major tasks included conducting laboratory work, maintaining tools and equipment, and analyzing experimental results. Tasks were assigned by the supervisor. However, how you carry them out were in your hands; you were expected to have strong time management skills. The students and workers at the laboratory were friendly.

4.4