University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

World class research and academic institute
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
As my alma mater, University of Toronto provided me with the work ethics and a professional outlook on life that would make me a great fit to any company. The faculty performs world class research that generates high impact research papers in prestigious journals.
University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Bookstore Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
The University of Toronto, Faculty of Law has been a pleasant and memorable workplace. The faculty is wonderful to work amongst. I've gained a tremendous amount of my office skills from working within different offices. I've been very thankful for the work experience and also the consideration of wonderful opportunities in different departments.
Pros
Staff Lunches, Faculty/Staff Parties
Hard working and ready to face new challenges
Stewardship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
On a daily basis I had to edit lots of Bio's for the student for the financial reports.Most of the co-workers were very friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job is to learn totally new student software within 2 days. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a wonderful manager who showed confidence in my work for a short period of time.
A typical day of work.
Graduate Studies Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work as a graduate assistant would be filing papers, doing spreadsheets and doing certain tasks to help out the assistant. I have learned how to improve my time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be researching about a specific assignment that the assistant has assigned me to do.
ASBLab provided an interesting work environment to grow and practice initiative.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016

I was put in charge of developing a face tracking algorithm for the Tangy robot. Tangy is a multi machine robot, where several nodes communicate with each other to accomplish a common goal.

I was able to use software and visual face recognition techniques to help Tangy identify people's faces. The software would then communicate with the motors actuating his neck to cause Tangy to maintain eye contact and follow people around.
Excellent school for professional development
MASTER STUDENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent school for professional development, friendly professors and helpful staff. Clean and professional environment.
Amazing place to work with
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
The University Of Toronto give students various opportunities to build upon their skills and talents. Whatever you're interested in, theres a position available for it. Working with other students is also a delight and you get to learn from staff that have great insights to various field of the job industry.
Pros
Flexible time hours
Cons
Limited hours
high reputation institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
It is an honour to study in University of Toronto, it would be my life time experience wherever I go. Over all rating excellent
Active way to express leadership
FROSH WEEK LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Helping out with Frosh Week includes discussing topics of equity with the new students, as well as introducing the campus to them through very active and very fun games.
undergraduate students
finance student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 1, 2016
I did a lot of group assignments and presentations
I know how to use excel and other investment tools such as Factset.
I know how to do financial analysis such as technical and fundamental analysis.
Pros
learned a lot of stuff
Cons
not as practical
engaging and lots of learning at UofT
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
I code using the program language R, and I get help from my co-workers if I have no other solutions. I learned a lot during this job, and still am.
Good Orgnaization
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
CAM-H, is a well organized institution to work for. Everything runs smoothly, and everything is done well. There is no doubt that this is the leader in mental health research and treatment in Canada. The security and location are ideal as well.
University of Toronto is a great place to work
Receptionist and Outreach, Physics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at the University, at both the St. George Campus and the Mississauga Campus.

All jobs have been challenging, and enjoyable. Most recently, the Physics Department has been the best experience. The people I worked with were the best. I had the opportunity to learn new systems - key database. The management was great, always approachable. Attending courses and seminars was always encouraged.
Pros
Learning opportunities, culture diversity of location, benefits and salary were comparable.
Cons
Distance to work lately, since the move to Milton.
Productive and competitive workplace
Master of Science (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
I worked with a unique team of individuals that are very respectful and professional. It was a wonderful experience as I had the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of experienced individuals in the filed of management and engineering
fun and lively
teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy engaging and teaching students using real-life and relevant examples. My coworkers are supportive. The hardest but the most rewarding part is seeing that "aha" moment when students understand course material.
Great job, environment could be better at times...
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at UofT. The work was diverse, interesting and the management struck a good balance between guidance and freedom for its employees. However, at times, the culture was not overly positive (when I worked there) which effected my desire to stay.
Good environment to work at
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
The management is great and you learn something new everyday.
Here I have learnt different cases of students/applicants when applying for OSAP loan. Not everyone is eligible.
I worked with student volunteers and enjoyed my time doing volunteer work
Income Tax Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
The working environment is friendly and supportive. I enjoyed working with teams and provide free services to University students.
Amazing Learning environment
Project Manager/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Professors and Assistant professors really focus on your growth and motivate you constantly.

Great academic environment.
Dynamic career learning environment.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Dynamic education environment to work in. A typical day at work included benefits administration for Non-Unionized and Unionized staff and general office administration coordination. A great place to utilize my strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Pros
Working with knowledgeable staff.
Cons
Long communte.

4.4