University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
academic and professional place
Research laboratory engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
it was a great opportunity to do research during my M.Eng .I learned to work with all the devices in the lab such as TGA,DSC,SEM,FTIR. All grad students were very helpful and helped me a lot during my research .
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
University of Toronto is a good university. I got a lot while studying. The professors are enthusiastic about what they do and are willing to help in times of need.
data science
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
In this class, you can learn plenty of knowledge about data science. such as R, Python, SQL. In that project, you can find the statistical modeling is very interesting because it can let you see something that you can not it before.
Pros
you can learn plenty of knowledge about data science
Cons
farm from my condo
Good research environment and great student life
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 September 2017
It's a great place to do research, with many opportunities to work on exciting projects. The work culture is very serious though. If you are willing to get out of the office, there are plenty of facilities for exercising, or just having fun
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Serious work culture
It is pretty good
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Good Culture. Free monthly lunches. Staff are amazing to work with. Everyone can contribute and give suggestions/feedback which in my opinion is very important.
Communications, Education, Mentorship
Communications Specialist/Program Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
One of the best companies to work for. Management is always there for their employees. A lot of support for workers. The benefits are amazing and they offer free courses for employees.
Pros
Free courses, Benefits, Vacation Pay
Cons
You obly get paid once a month
Funnnnnn !
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
meeting new student dentist, everyone was really nice, did placement for dental assistant course, dentist were willing to teach new things to me, very patient
Pros
meeting student dentist
Cons
leaving
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Faculty and other staff are friendly, welcoming, and always willing to help with any questions or concerns. The workplace has a great environment and gives endless opportunities to develop new skills and further enhance already acquired skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Tedious at times
Very flexible work schedule
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
I'm currently a Masters student in Computer Science, and I can say the hours here are very flexible. As long as you get your work done, no one cares when or where you do it.
A good place to work
Front line customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Very organised and well run. The safety and food safe procedures are followed and the supervisors are very informed. It is a caring and nurturing environment.
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
It is Fun to be a part of the team
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
It is always new challenges and topics you have to deal with . Students are knowledgeable and you need to be updated to keep up with . Always someone to help you with your questions .
Pros
Scientific
Avis
Assistant de recherche (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Mon expérience en tant qu'employé n'était aucunement digne de commentaire. Le contrat était normal, les conditions étaient normales et je n'ai rien à signaler d'intéressant.
Great job opportunity with great learning experiences
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Absolutely loved this job. Unfortunate that it was only contract. I worked for the Faculty of Social Services on an Asian Satellite Youth program. I would obtain material on tapes and transcribe the information required and return the finished product to the Advisor. Hardest part of the job I would have to say was the language barrier. Reviewing notes from newly immigrated students from China. Most interesting, was finding out about their culture and hearing their comparisons between education systems
Great work environment with many tasks to be completed
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
There was many tasks to complete during the shift that i worked their. This was a learning oppurtunity that gave me experience and let me look at what university would be like. It was not a job necessarily but we learned many things in the lab like inputing data and working in a tream setting with others.
Best university in Canada
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
University of Toronto lives up to its reputation. The networking opportunities are great. The culture varies depending on the program you are in. Hardest part is keeping up good grades.
Pros
The reputation
Cons
No life
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 August 2017
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
Great place to start to gain experience as a student
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
I worked for work-study for UofT and student Union. Overall, it was good experience, very flexible and understanding with scheduling and hours required since we were students. Really gain important soft skills that could be applied for future career options.
Research experience really rounded out my resume
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Gaining experience as a research assistant and data analyst provided me with the foundational work experience to balance out my educational credentials.
Excellent university
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
A typical day includes performing laboratory experiments, maintaining the mouse colony in the vivarium, making stock solutions, and teaching undergraduate laboratories and tutorials