University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

A workplace that has nice co-workers
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include cleaning washrooms, emptying out garbage bins , cleaning offices , vacuuming , wiping down tables. I have learned in the 9 years I have been at the University that unfortunately some management that work there treat their employees like they are uneducated and beneath them. I believe that management should be boosting their workers morale instead of crushing it. The hardest part of my job would have to be the hours, I work Sun-Thurs from 11:00pm-7:30am so it's tough to have a normal life. I would much rather prefer morning shifts then nights shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and getting to hear all their stories and past experiences in life.
Pros
Union, Benefits, Job Security, Hourly Wage
Cons
Night Shift Hours

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

A great learning experience about working in a lab
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
My research internship was beneficial to me as it taught me the fundamentals of working in a lab. How different it is from the industry and what skills I need to succeed at that level. I enjoyed the challenges which came to me in terms of design.
ADMINISTRATOR/FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Very work focused environment. Not really amicable to employees with families.

Room for advancement if you work hard.

Management needs improvement
Pros
excellent salary and benefits, easy to upgrade skills
Cons
long hours, lots of pressure