University of Toronto Employee Reviews

UofT
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
The University of Toronto is a wonderful, fast paced workplace. It can be a fantastic employer and has a lot of perks, further education, tuition coverage and great benefits.
Pros
Education
Cons
Lay offs
Grading exams and assignments
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
- Conducted weekly office hours for students to resolve their problems and develop their critical thinking
- Graded over 2000 exam papers effectively with strong attention to details

- Collaborated with fellow TAs to complete various tasks, such as administration, developing case marking keys and grading assignments and exams
Creative Thinking Work Environment
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Everyday was a different and amazing. I acknowledged a lot from my senior developers and colleagues. I become even better at coding and learnt how to work as a team.
A very supportive inclusive team
Associate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 November 2016
I am completing my Co-op Term as the HR Associate Coordinator at University of Toronto Scarborough Campus. I help students with their job applications and interviews in one on one appointments. The Student Development Team is very supportive. IT's a fast paced High involvement environment where every employee's opinion and input is encouraged and appreciated.
Overall experience
SCHOOL CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
I enjoy the people that I worked with. The people were very helpful and productive with their assigned tasks. On a typical day I would clean the washrooms and collect the garbage for the entire school. I enjoyed working alone because I am someone who takes initiative and well timely managed.
Pros
Starting time
Cons
Finished very late at night
too good to be true
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Everything is too good to be true, if you think it is right, but it is too good to be true . remember it

most part is routing
go there, take class, go home and finish the work
Good Employer
Marketing, Executive Degree Programs (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
University of Toronto has been ranked in Canada's Top Employer rankings for many years and I would say it's deserved. But there are hundreds of different departments within and where you work makes a ton of difference
Productive workplace
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Excellent workplace, knowledgeable staff, good communication, a lot of expertise and hard working personnel, together with friendly and fun atmosphere in the workplace.
Amazing job, awesome people, management was incredible.
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
I loved my time working at various libraries at UofT. I would go back in a second if I could. All three bosses I worked under were incredibly accessible and easy going, truly amazing people. Library patrons were always friendly and I never worked with anyone who wasn't a delight. The work itself was never overwhelming and I enjoyed every second working there.
Pros
Friendly and passionate bosses, friendly clientele, great job all around.
Best place ever!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
it's just awesome. It feels amazing to be part of the alumni and still be able to feel engaged. I enjoyed teaching to my fellow classmates and it was easy for me to book rooms in the library with perfect system that our university offers.
Friendly and fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
There's always something to keep you happy on Mississauga campus.
If we decided to stay after hours during winter, we still got to sit in the library and focus on our studies.
The hardest part was finding good food on campus for the first 2 years, but with the new food court which was opened in Davis Building, we had more options to choose from.
I got to work with students with different learning abilities and I had to switch my approach for every one of them. I also had to learn how to balance my own studies to remain an A student and help others as well
Amazing anti bias pluralistic place to work
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
University of Toronto was the best place to work. The staff and management uphold the highest standards of equity and fair practice all the time and they advocate for people with disabilities. I strongly recommend them as a model environment for work and studying.
Pros
Open pluralistic
Great environment
Research Assistant, Assistant Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
The lab for me was a test run to see how I would function in a field that I was not completely familiar with, and it proved that I can learn anything that I set my mind to. It was an amazing environment to work in, and there were infinite learning opportunities available.
Friendly and great training
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
A typical day at work was communication heavy with students. I mostly coordinated exams and assisted in the office with various administration tasks such as filing, grading, writing course outlines. I learned how to give appropriate responses to inquiries and improve student relations within the school. The management was very organized and prepared. My co-workers were friendly and was very engaged in my training. The hardest part of the job was the organization of the coordination of over 2,000 domestic and international exams. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work/life balance.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
outdated cubical work stations
A place full of talented and amazing people
Volunteer / Research Opportunity Program student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
• Conducted tests and interviews, analyzed and entered data, and transcribed and translated interviews for several ongoing psychology studies in the Applied Psychology Department.
• Assisted in running Friendship Across Cultures intervention program. Responsible for running discussion and activity sections on acculturation each week at a local school.
• Together with a partner, conducted a research on friendship analysis on Canadian students and international students.
Great job, intelligent, and friendly students and staff
Accessibility Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
A typical day at work was transporting handicapped and injured students in and around the campus.
I learned how to communicate more effectively, be on time, and be flexible.
The management was competent and good to me
The co-workers were helpful, hardworking, and competent
The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't pick students at the specified time, the vehicle was malfunctioning or bad weather.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with students and driving.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Malfunctioning vehicle, bad weather, unable to meet time objectives
Hard Work but very Satisfying
Co-President, Pakistan Development Fund (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
The Pakistan Development Fund is an intensive teamwork centric environment within UofT. The people were a great support and everyone was willing to go out of their way to ensure that events ran smoothly. It was an intense job that involved long hours and commitment, but it was worth it with the high turn out and returns.
Pros
event skills, team
Cons
long hours, commitment after school work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
Conduct tutorials, assisted course instructor to deliver course materials as well as address student questions/concerns regarding the course while enhancing student learnings
intersting work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
The most enjoyable part in the work is that my students improve a lot on their grades. Before I teach them , the average is 55. After that , the grades increased to 65.
Pros
very close
Cons
short hours
Very intense
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Surrounded by interesting ideas and personalities, very scientifically engaging. Can also be stressful at times because of the deadlines. But overall an intellectually-stimulating environment

4.4