University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

A workplace that has nice co-workers
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include cleaning washrooms, emptying out garbage bins , cleaning offices , vacuuming , wiping down tables. I have learned in the 9 years I have been at the University that unfortunately some management that work there treat their employees like they are uneducated and beneath them. I believe that management should be boosting their workers morale instead of crushing it. The hardest part of my job would have to be the hours, I work Sun-Thurs from 11:00pm-7:30am so it's tough to have a normal life. I would much rather prefer morning shifts then nights shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and getting to hear all their stories and past experiences in life.
Pros
Union, Benefits, Job Security, Hourly Wage
Cons
Night Shift Hours

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
UofT
Imagery Technician/ Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Great place to work. Very hard to just to get accepted for work. Not many opportunities for those who do not have degrees or diplomas. A lot of out of country hire, increasing the difficulty in hiring residences.
Pros
Great management and great salary and benefits.
Cons
Very difficult getting hired