University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Wonderful volunteer work
Peer Tutor, Management Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
Volunteer tutored mentees in first year macro-economics and calculus courses. also, provided counselling support for students that struggle with transitioning to university life including major choosing, house searching, co-op placement seeking. It not only helped others, but also benefits myself, such as improving communication skills and enriching my experience. It is a fantastic job!
Pros
flexible work time
Excellent University
Cannonball Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
It was a fun learning experience at University of Toronto, I took part in many activities and served as a Cannonball Director as a volunteer;
The place provides plenty of opportunity to learn new skills that are useful in real world.
Excellent Organization and very fulfilling role.
Peer Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
The role I performed was very fulfilling, I was an advisor to many students at the undergraduate and graduate level. Doing workshops was a lot of fun and helped to really refine my communication skills.
GOod
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
U of T is a good starting point for recent grads. many professors hire students in research roles which is a good gateway for further study and work experience.
Good Working Environment
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
The coworkers are nice and helpful.
Typical day to day lab work.
sometime you have to work independently and sometimes as a team.
I have learned how to use properly different lab equipments.
Excellent
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
I love University of Toronto, and I had a great time to work here. I have to leave here because as a postdoctoral fellow my salary is low and I decided to leave here to find a higher salary job in industry.
Professional and balanced work environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
Very professional and balanced work environment. Challenging and enjoyable responsibilities. Great team environment. Working in an institution of higher learning, you were always learning and developing.
academic and professional place
Research laboratory engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
it was a great opportunity to do research during my M.Eng .I learned to work with all the devices in the lab such as TGA,DSC,SEM,FTIR. All grad students were very helpful and helped me a lot during my research .
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
University of Toronto is a good university. I got a lot while studying. The professors are enthusiastic about what they do and are willing to help in times of need.
data science
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
In this class, you can learn plenty of knowledge about data science. such as R, Python, SQL. In that project, you can find the statistical modeling is very interesting because it can let you see something that you can not it before.
Pros
you can learn plenty of knowledge about data science
Cons
farm from my condo
Good research environment and great student life
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 September 2017
It's a great place to do research, with many opportunities to work on exciting projects. The work culture is very serious though. If you are willing to get out of the office, there are plenty of facilities for exercising, or just having fun
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Serious work culture
It is pretty good
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Good Culture. Free monthly lunches. Staff are amazing to work with. Everyone can contribute and give suggestions/feedback which in my opinion is very important.
Communications, Education, Mentorship
Communications Specialist/Program Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
One of the best companies to work for. Management is always there for their employees. A lot of support for workers. The benefits are amazing and they offer free courses for employees.
Pros
Free courses, Benefits, Vacation Pay
Cons
You obly get paid once a month
Funnnnnn !
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
meeting new student dentist, everyone was really nice, did placement for dental assistant course, dentist were willing to teach new things to me, very patient
Pros
meeting student dentist
Cons
leaving
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Faculty and other staff are friendly, welcoming, and always willing to help with any questions or concerns. The workplace has a great environment and gives endless opportunities to develop new skills and further enhance already acquired skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Tedious at times
Very flexible work schedule
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
I'm currently a Masters student in Computer Science, and I can say the hours here are very flexible. As long as you get your work done, no one cares when or where you do it.
A good place to work
Front line customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Very organised and well run. The safety and food safe procedures are followed and the supervisors are very informed. It is a caring and nurturing environment.
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
It is Fun to be a part of the team
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
It is always new challenges and topics you have to deal with . Students are knowledgeable and you need to be updated to keep up with . Always someone to help you with your questions .
Pros
Scientific
Avis
Assistant de recherche (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Mon expérience en tant qu'employé n'était aucunement digne de commentaire. Le contrat était normal, les conditions étaient normales et je n'ai rien à signaler d'intéressant.