University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to learn and grow
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Was given the opportunity to volunteer my time working on research and document review. Worked alongside Ph.D. candidates and other bachelor volunteers on a textbook manuscript.
Graphic Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown TorontoApril 26, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of nice hardworking people. Flexible hours (contract). Department was going through restructuring - this was a time of some uncertainty. Overall great experience.
Pros
Flexibility with working hours (contract).
Very academic environment, with opportunities for the right individual to shine.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
I worked with a great team of Project Managers and co-workers, who were all very helpful. I learned the SAP system through courses and individual training, which is an additional asset.

This was my first exposure to a Public sector job, and I found the environment interesting, sometimes restrictive and somewhat stagnating, but looking back it was a good and secure place to be.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Job duties were not what I expected
Great work place environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Got to have a great chance to work in a professional work place which also help me increase organizational skill but also help me understand which root to take in life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
temporary job
One of the best places for research and developing new ideas
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
I worked with very smart people and very good and helpful supervisor. I have learned very technical solution when I worked there. I improved my skills and updated my ability to get a new job.
Relatively less intense
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
You spend around three hours to prepare for every lab and another three to supervise 16 students to finish it and another three to mark all the lab reports.
good working envinroment
Events coordinator and usher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
Great staff and management. constantly changing work schedule depending on the events on the school calender. A very stable job to have..
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day would involve checking notebooks for the students, distributing their quizzes, explaining their tasks for the experiment
Pros
Experience
Cons
World class research and academic institute
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
As my alma mater, University of Toronto provided me with the work ethics and a professional outlook on life that would make me a great fit to any company. The faculty performs world class research that generates high impact research papers in prestigious journals.
University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Bookstore Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
The University of Toronto, Faculty of Law has been a pleasant and memorable workplace. The faculty is wonderful to work amongst. I've gained a tremendous amount of my office skills from working within different offices. I've been very thankful for the work experience and also the consideration of wonderful opportunities in different departments.
Pros
Staff Lunches, Faculty/Staff Parties
Hard working and ready to face new challenges
Stewardship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
On a daily basis I had to edit lots of Bio's for the student for the financial reports.Most of the co-workers were very friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job is to learn totally new student software within 2 days. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a wonderful manager who showed confidence in my work for a short period of time.
A typical day of work.
Graduate Studies Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work as a graduate assistant would be filing papers, doing spreadsheets and doing certain tasks to help out the assistant. I have learned how to improve my time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be researching about a specific assignment that the assistant has assigned me to do.
ASBLab provided an interesting work environment to grow and practice initiative.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016

I was put in charge of developing a face tracking algorithm for the Tangy robot. Tangy is a multi machine robot, where several nodes communicate with each other to accomplish a common goal.

I was able to use software and visual face recognition techniques to help Tangy identify people's faces. The software would then communicate with the motors actuating his neck to cause Tangy to maintain eye contact and follow people around.
Excellent school for professional development
MASTER STUDENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent school for professional development, friendly professors and helpful staff. Clean and professional environment.
Amazing place to work with
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
The University Of Toronto give students various opportunities to build upon their skills and talents. Whatever you're interested in, theres a position available for it. Working with other students is also a delight and you get to learn from staff that have great insights to various field of the job industry.
Pros
Flexible time hours
Cons
Limited hours
high reputation institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
It is an honour to study in University of Toronto, it would be my life time experience wherever I go. Over all rating excellent
Active way to express leadership
FROSH WEEK LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Helping out with Frosh Week includes discussing topics of equity with the new students, as well as introducing the campus to them through very active and very fun games.
undergraduate students
finance student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 1, 2016
I did a lot of group assignments and presentations
I know how to use excel and other investment tools such as Factset.
I know how to do financial analysis such as technical and fundamental analysis.
Pros
learned a lot of stuff
Cons
not as practical
engaging and lots of learning at UofT
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
I code using the program language R, and I get help from my co-workers if I have no other solutions. I learned a lot during this job, and still am.
Good Orgnaization
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
CAM-H, is a well organized institution to work for. Everything runs smoothly, and everything is done well. There is no doubt that this is the leader in mental health research and treatment in Canada. The security and location are ideal as well.

4.4