University of Toronto Employee Reviews

learning
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Life time experience to work in a leading university. Have a great and comfortable work culture. Faculty awards to encourage good teaching practices is a great idea.
Wonderful workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was an environment where I learned a lot of new skills. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I was permitted a flexible work schedule and was impressed by how supportive the staff were.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
I love working here and it is great. I love it. Great organization that is lovely and great and great people and beautiful women there. you have no idea.
Great flexibility and learning culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
Main tasks include tutorial teaching, invigilating exams, marking exams and holding office hours. It is a good exposure to communication skills and analytical skills, as you will need to coach students in a classrooms, answer their questions, and standing in front of many students.
Good place for students to learn
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
Good place for students to learn, many resources to utilize and easy to get to by transportation. Had great guidance as a student while also being allowed to work independently.
Fair and supportive
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Being a TA was one of my best experiences, something I looked forward to everyday. The wage was high, and people were friendly; very easy to get to work.
Visiting Medical Student
Visiting Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
provides clinical
training in emergency medicine at the University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sick Kids Hospital and McMaster
University. It also provides cultural and interfaith activities in Toronto, Canada.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
A typical day at work
Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Its fun working in my current job, I monitor the exam hall and look out for students who who commits Academic Integrity. The colleges are always helpful and they equally distribute the workload to reduce stress.
Pros
Better rate
Cons
Boring sometimes
Adjusts to Schedule Easily
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Fun working environment, everybody is really understanding and help out when they can. The hardest part of the job was organising events, the most enjoyable part was the success of the events afterwards. I learned how to be a leader and run a team effectively.

Want to know more about University of Toronto?

Ask a question
Awesome teaching environment
Clinical Dental Hygiene Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Exciting teaching environment that cultivates higher enhanced learning for students.
Work with outstanding fellow dental professionals who are all committed to mentoring dental students.
It lives up to its reputation.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Lots of great labs and professors, if you do the work and understand the material good grades and a lab position are possible to achieve. Grading is very strict, beware of curve.
asdfsdfs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
The University of Toronto is a global leader in research and teaching. We provide diverse and extensive areas of study organized around intimate learning communities. That is what creates an exceptional learning environment for our students. Customize your education at U of T and join a network of over 500,000 accomplished alumni around the world.
Fascinating experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
This school taught me everything I know and aside to giving me the opportunities to connect within my social sphere, it also provided some very unqiue learning experience (i.e. the labs that I volunteered in). It was nice to get to test out the waters in certain roles before committing to them.
Excellent workplace environment with great staff members
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Depending on the time of the shift, I would be asked to do various tasks. Whether it's giving a tour to 20+ prospective applicants, answering phone calls and even emails or even sitting down with an applicant in the office and explaining them the procedure of how to apply at Canada's #1 University. The workplace culture is extremely friendly and very live. The hardest part of the job would probably be able to communicate your thoughts to a person who doesn't necessarily understand English fluently - it would usually require a lot of patience to handle situations like these. But overall, working here is a very enjoyable and fun workplace to be in.
Pros
Positive Environemnt
Cons
Constant communication
productive and fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Hart House was sensitive to the student ambassador's study-work life balance. The perk of being a student ambassador was that it was your job to monitor events and makes sure they were organized and fun.
Pros
Free food, your job was to make others have fun
Cons
events would often be late and irregular
excellent!
Employment Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
great working there, I had a lot of fun. The job was demanding to a degree, but it was great working with students, and being able to help them on a daily basis.
fun
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Great place to work and would highly recommend. Good food, great people. lots of activities to do. Campus is great and parking is good as well. over wall good
Temporary Service
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
The University of Toronto is an excellent work environment in order to get to know your fellow professors and lab mates. The benefits they give you are excellent and the environment itself is relaxing but stressful at times.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Repetitive Tasks, Very Demanding Work
Great place to network.
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
A server to students and other customers daily. Ive had the opportunity of serving and working besides Canada's prestige government officials. It is a great place to network and build your name and reputation while being at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4