University of Toronto Employee Reviews

asdfsdfs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
The University of Toronto is a global leader in research and teaching. We provide diverse and extensive areas of study organized around intimate learning communities. That is what creates an exceptional learning environment for our students. Customize your education at U of T and join a network of over 500,000 accomplished alumni around the world.
Fascinating experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
This school taught me everything I know and aside to giving me the opportunities to connect within my social sphere, it also provided some very unqiue learning experience (i.e. the labs that I volunteered in). It was nice to get to test out the waters in certain roles before committing to them.
Excellent workplace environment with great staff members
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Depending on the time of the shift, I would be asked to do various tasks. Whether it's giving a tour to 20+ prospective applicants, answering phone calls and even emails or even sitting down with an applicant in the office and explaining them the procedure of how to apply at Canada's #1 University. The workplace culture is extremely friendly and very live. The hardest part of the job would probably be able to communicate your thoughts to a person who doesn't necessarily understand English fluently - it would usually require a lot of patience to handle situations like these. But overall, working here is a very enjoyable and fun workplace to be in.
Pros
Positive Environemnt
Cons
Constant communication
Enjoyable time working in a lab at UTM
Undergraduate Thesis Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2017
If youre interested in research and experimenting, you should definitely get yourself a position in a lab at your university. This allows for growth and experience in research as well as teaching you how to work in groups, work individually and be efficient in whatever you do.
productive and fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Hart House was sensitive to the student ambassador's study-work life balance. The perk of being a student ambassador was that it was your job to monitor events and makes sure they were organized and fun.
Pros
Free food, your job was to make others have fun
Cons
events would often be late and irregular
excellent!
Employment Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
great working there, I had a lot of fun. The job was demanding to a degree, but it was great working with students, and being able to help them on a daily basis.
fun
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Great place to work and would highly recommend. Good food, great people. lots of activities to do. Campus is great and parking is good as well. over wall good
Temporary Service
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
The University of Toronto is an excellent work environment in order to get to know your fellow professors and lab mates. The benefits they give you are excellent and the environment itself is relaxing but stressful at times.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Repetitive Tasks, Very Demanding Work
Great place to network.
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
A server to students and other customers daily. Ive had the opportunity of serving and working besides Canada's prestige government officials. It is a great place to network and build your name and reputation while being at work.
Great place to work for student perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work for retail experience and for perks beneficial to students. Many different task opportunities to keep from being bored. You meet tons of students and get a feel for the campus life. Can also be a great opportunity to meet professors.
Pros
Discounts, staff parties
Cons
Prolonged standing
Comfortable and Encouraging Work Environment
Digital Communication Strategist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
U of T is a terrific place to work. The campuses are unique and scenic, the work is challenging and stimulating, and the overall environment is unlike those in which most people work.
Pros
Flexibility, job security
an exciting and very touching work opportunity
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
My experience working with Uoft has been positive, volunteering as an orientation has helped me grow and develop my people skills. The overall experience was positive because we (the leaders) were provided with a comfortable amount of leniency in order to be able to work efficiently without being too overwhelmed
Incredible
Scholarship holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto3 April 2017
The University was an incredible place to intern, since the labs were always stocked, and the help that the other researchers provided was great as well.
Gained a lot of research experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work with various types of research techniques and gained experience with presenting results of the experiments. Interacted with post-docs and PhD students
Teaching Assistant review
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
A typical day at the university when I would TA would consist of me holding tutorials and teaching students material that the professor taught the week before. I would answer any questions they had and marked their assignments/quizzes/tests. I thoroughly enjoy teaching mathematics, and have no complaints about this job.
Work Study Positions
Urban Road Dust Geochemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. George, NB29 March 2017
Great opportunity to hone research skills, get a feel for working in your field as well as build your resume! Problem is, it is typically short term (May to August) or (October to February).
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
short term
Can decide own hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
It really depends in what lab you are employed in, but I find that working at OISE and working in specific labs at U of T can lead to a great working environment. It can be productive and fun at the same time, and it can be flexible in terms of hours.
Great fun environment
Anatomy Teaching Collection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Great place to work if you have the knowledge, definitely worth the experience, you meet amazing people and gain a lot of knew experience. Also, cadavers are amazing
Great University
Varsity Rowing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
The university gives you all the tools you could possibly need to succeed, it is very academically challenging but tests your limits and shows you what you can be.
Educative and Fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2017
University of Toronto is an excellent place of work especially if you are already a student there. As a teaching assistant I was able to use my own experiences and the knowledge I had gained to guide students to be successful in one of the most difficult undergraduate courses, namely Organic Chemistry!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4