University of Toronto

University of Toronto Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overll the most diverse company to work for.
Journeyman Control Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: diverse and versitile
Cons: limited as far as funds.
When I started at the University I thought I knew all I needed to know to basically roll over the existing staffers. I very quickly came to the realization that although I had a good working knowledge of products I have worked on in the pass, my knowledge was quit limited and would have affect my performance but the group of guys I work with took me under their wings and teach me a whole new skill set. by far the top 5 company to work for.
University of Toronto
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
I advised and organized students who wanted to study overseas through our exchange programs. I coordinate with students who want to study at the University of Toronto through our exchange programs. It was a great work environment and required a lot of organization and logistical work.
excellent
Senior Java Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Great job, great team, excellent project, I had been working there for Java/JavaScript developer with central control & monitor system CCMS
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great work experience, flexible hours
The University of Toronto Scarborough's Admissions and Student Recruitment office provides a great working environment for students. The training provided is extremely useful and the the senior staff members are very accommodating.
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Work hard, study hard. Depending on your supervisor, amount of the work varies.
Intellectually stimulating and dynamic work place
Postdoctoral Researcher & Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of bright people and visitors come by often
Cons: the pay is not great
The best part of working here as a researcher is the people. I work with incredibly talented people on very hard and interesting problems in theoretical physics.
fun and easy job
Building Caretaker/Custodian (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
i have learned a lot of things by working at this place. i learned to be 100% detailed oriented. management, i would say it's average and my co-workers are working well with others. the hardest part of the job is when they put all the duties to me but still trying my best to meet their expectations. the most enjoyable part of the job is when i take my breaks.
Good
Junior Network Administrator (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: slow pace
Good People to work with. Excellent environment, possibility for advancement
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2014
This is a terrific university that offers almost every subject in natural and social sciences. You can get a great experience in studying at this university! There are many top researchers, scientists and academic leaders in the world who got a degree from this university, and graduates from this university are very successful in many fields, either professional or academic.
Research fellow
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
Working at the lab was very productive, learned quite a number of biochemical techniques.
Office was open concept so had good interaction with co-workers. The administration took care of our needs.
Excellent experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2014
Good opportunity to equip one with diverse skills and abilities
Exciting and challenging workplace with interactive technology
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
The Office of Student Recruitment is an exciting and challenging environment. I am responsible for the day-to-day functions of the office, such as opening and closing, processing mail, scheduling special campus tours, and booking tour guides. I answer a variety of questions about the University via email, phone, and in person. The hardest part of the job can be the sheer number of inquiries per day; however, that is also one of the most enjoyable aspects. It is always exciting to see prospective students and visitors be interested in the University.
Interactive
Teaching assistant for Computer Organization (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Nice place to work and learn at the same time.

The profs are nice and students are bright.
Challenging but ultimately rewarding place to learn and work.
University of Toronto Fellow (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Cons: long hours
Being a researcher at the University of Toronto can be quite challenging, but ultimately the skills I've learned throughout my time there have made me into a skilled professional capable of tackling a variety of tasks.
Great work environment.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2014
The university is a great work environment. Generally the staff are all hard working, creative, collaborative individuals.
Great unionized job
Research Technician II, Sidhu Lab (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: unorganized
Salary and benefits were great for a university research job. Slightly unorganized culture, and job security was dependent on funding which could be sketchy at times.
Great place to learn the ropes for engineering research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2014
Great experience, learned how to program with Matlab and increased my exposure to engineering design.
A innovative work
Build Electronics Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Experimenting new things
Troubleshooting complex and rare electronics
Design of new electrical systems
Team work
Great place to work!
Teaching Assistant - Computer Science (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good environment
Great place, fun co-workers and overall a great learning experience.
good working place and nice colleague
Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
good working place and nice colleague.every one working hard but friendly,when you need help just ask...

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more