University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great learning experience
Biomedical Engineer - Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2014
Pros: freedom to express originality and creativity
Cons: some materials would take too long to reach the workplace
The day would start with a meeting with the fellow laboratory partners. Everyone would discuss about the challenges that they are facing in their research. Ideas will be suggested and critically analysed. Owing to the diverse scientific background, it was always great to see the different ways different scientist would approach some problems. After – more... the meeting, I would proceed to my workplace and start developing different surfaces for cell culture. A single culture surface would take days or sometimes weeks to manufacture. Time management was essential to achieve a good yield.

The hardest part of the job was to be helpless while waiting for an equipment to be repaired. The best part of the job was to see the great results when an implemented idea works beautifully. As part of the job, I have developed new skills in microfabrication, cell culture and microscopy. – less
Great University
Postdoctoral (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
Great research environment and lots of modern instrument. Convenient for life in downtown area by walk and happy traffic at on-and-off work time
Young student life all around you
Laboratory Manager &Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: campus and student activities keeps you fresh and young
Feel inspired by your peers working on exciting projects
Collaborations with graduate students is an enriching experience
Great but very difficult university
Graduate Student, Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
U of T is one of the best universities in Toronto. Staff is mostly friendly and helpful. Tuition is quite expensive though especially for foreigner students.
Great on the job learning and mentoring others
Teaching Assistant Accounting (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: communication with professors
During office hours, I assisted students in understanding the accounting material by providing various methods of solving problems. I effectively graded assignments and exams within the allotted time proving for great time management. I learned how to approach a variety of students with different learning style and change my method of teaching to suit – more... them, My coworkers were very respectable and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was to see the students struggle but it made it more enjoyable when I helped them understand the material. – less
Fast Pace working environment
Student Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: stressful
The internship was short but it required someone with a lot of attention with details.

Though it was a fast pace working environment it was also very rewarding with the skills and knowledge being passed down from my superiors.
Nice school
Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2014
It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.
Fun place to work while in school
Women's Centre Office Attendant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 29, 2014
i like that schedules were very flexible. good people. learned a lot about different resources available for students, especially those for women.
Challenging and rewarding learning opportunity
Stage Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: teamwork opportunities and rewarding experiences
Cons: long hours and often unfair pay rates
Working as a stage manager for the Leigha Lee Browne Theatre at the University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, I worked frequently between and after my classes there. I learned how to manage a variety of different goals and expectations from a number of sources while still maintaining my own integrity and values. I expanded and grew upon my skills – more... in managing a large team of over 20 peers working in the production. Part of my job was often to act as a medium between upper-level employees in leadership positions and actors in less artistically decisive positions. The hardest part of this work was to organize a multitude of schedules in a way that worked collectively for the entire group. I would say the most enjoyable part of this work was growing as a team that worked to pursue the same goals for themselves and each other. – less
Everything is good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
- Prepare for tutorials, office hours, marking quizzes
- Nothing really hard, time management is important
- Good paid
Nice colleagues and fun environemnt
Ph.D. Research (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
It was a good bunch of enthusiastic works who always worked together and had fun together.
Great work, if you can get it.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
I got this job because a professor in our department got a grant, and was able to use it to organize a conference. He was a fantastic employer who mentored and clearly cared a great deal about his graduate student research assistants. He organized a first-rate conference, too.
Awesome Place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: little to no paper work
Great management, peers and support groups.
You get to choose your own hours which provides flexibility. The quality of your work is shown in how busy you are at work.
work - life balanced environment
Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2014
a easy and friendly work office
nice to work with knowledgeable staff and profs
Amazing Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: salary
Great facilities and location. As a researcher, you have access to amazing equipment and facilities. Great environment for collaboration with world renowed scientists.
Expect sabotage and deception.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: well recognized university
Cons: cut-throat environment.
A typical day at work: you work on your own or in a group that generally comprises people with a similar background.
What you learned: People have no principles and will do whatever it takes to get ahead and generally try to crush anyone they can to get ahead.
Management: Professors get away with anything.
Your co-workers: Will use you, and deceive – more... you if it helps them get ahead unless you are of the same background as them.
The hardest part of the job: Avoiding mal intent.
The most enjoyable part of the job: accomplishing assignments or courses or publishing research. – less
amazing experience
outreach leader (Current Employee), Mississauga,onFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: meet new people/students/staff/ university of toronto principale
Cons: pay is way too little
I was the project leader/outreach officer
public education
Run a group of students presentations
Run an event for safety around the university campus
Raising awareness around the issue of violence
Negotiating the funds
Meeting new people was great.
Cafeteria Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Daily work was filled with new challenges and experiencing different people from different cultures. It gave a desire to continue my education and working in an environment with diversity.
Interesting place to work where I learned about the medical field
Room Monitor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free food and learning new things
Cons: long days
Throughout the day I would sit in on lectures, and help with questions involving directions and times. I leaned about costumer service and, how to deal with difficult people. My co-workers were very easy to work with and were very helpful when I was confused about something or had a problem. The hardest part of my job was the long days and some difficult – more... participants. The best part of my job was learning new things. – less
Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Gained knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research, public health and psychology.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more