University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
University of Toronto is a great place to work
Receptionist and Outreach, Physics (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Learning opportunities, culture diversity of location, benefits and salary were comparable.
Cons: Distance to work lately, since the move to Milton.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at the University, at both the St. George Campus and the Mississauga Campus.

All jobs have been challenging, and enjoyable. Most recently, the Physics Department has been the best experience. The people I worked with were the best. I had the opportunity to learn new systems - key database. The management was great, always approachable. Attending courses and seminars was always encouraged.
Great job, environment could be better at times...
Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at UofT. The work was diverse, interesting and the management struck a good balance between guidance and freedom for its employees. However, at times, the culture was not overly positive (when I worked there) which effected my desire to stay.
A typical day of work.
Graduate Studies Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work as a graduate assistant would be filing papers, doing spreadsheets and doing certain tasks to help out the assistant. I have learned how to improve my time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be researching about a specific assignment that the assistant has assigned me to do.
Productive and competitive workplace
Master of Science (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
I worked with a unique team of individuals that are very respectful and professional. It was a wonderful experience as I had the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of experienced individuals in the filed of management and engineering
ASBLab provided an interesting work environment to grow and practice initiative.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016

I was put in charge of developing a face tracking algorithm for the Tangy robot. Tangy is a multi machine robot, where several nodes communicate with each other to accomplish a common goal.

I was able to use software and visual face recognition techniques to help Tangy identify people's faces. The software would then communicate with the motors actuating his neck to cause Tangy to maintain eye contact and follow people around.
good working envinroment
Events coordinator and usher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
Great staff and management. constantly changing work schedule depending on the events on the school calender. A very stable job to have..
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Experience
Cons: Long hours
A typical day would involve checking notebooks for the students, distributing their quizzes, explaining their tasks for the experiment
Very academic environment, with opportunities for the right individual to shine.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: Pension plan
Cons: Job duties were not what I expected
I worked with a great team of Project Managers and co-workers, who were all very helpful. I learned the SAP system through courses and individual training, which is an additional asset.

This was my first exposure to a Public sector job, and I found the environment interesting, sometimes restrictive and somewhat stagnating, but looking back it was a good and secure place to be.
Dynamic career learning environment.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Working with knowledgeable staff.
Cons: Long communte.
Dynamic education environment to work in. A typical day at work included benefits administration for Non-Unionized and Unionized staff and general office administration coordination. A great place to utilize my strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Good environment to work at
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
The management is great and you learn something new everyday.
Here I have learnt different cases of students/applicants when applying for OSAP loan. Not everyone is eligible.
Good
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
A typical day begins with scanning the days mail and filing away completed documents. Then, we process loan applications for incoming students. The procedures are constantly changing due to new ministry regulations so the position requires flexibility and adaptability. Co workers are very nice. Management is also understanding. Very little opportunity for advancement.
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Great Learning Experience
Cons: Poor Management
Place to learn and gain experience in my roll as technical Director.
Always given the go ahead to try new methods and technical experiences. Promoted when jobs well done.
University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
Bookstore Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Staff Lunches, Faculty/Staff Parties
The University of Toronto, Faculty of Law has been a pleasant and memorable workplace. The faculty is wonderful to work amongst. I've gained a tremendous amount of my office skills from working within different offices. I've been very thankful for the work experience and also the consideration of wonderful opportunities in different departments.
Amazing place to work with
Mentor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Flexible time hours
Cons: Limited hours
The University Of Toronto give students various opportunities to build upon their skills and talents. Whatever you're interested in, theres a position available for it. Working with other students is also a delight and you get to learn from staff that have great insights to various field of the job industry.
Hard working and ready to face new challenges
Stewardship Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
On a daily basis I had to edit lots of Bio's for the student for the financial reports.Most of the co-workers were very friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job is to learn totally new student software within 2 days. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a wonderful manager who showed confidence in my work for a short period of time.
Productive, Upbeat
IT Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Productive and up beat environment. Allows time for work to be done efficiently and independently. Management is supportive.
World class research and academic institute
Student Researcher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2016
As my alma mater, University of Toronto provided me with the work ethics and a professional outlook on life that would make me a great fit to any company. The faculty performs world class research that generates high impact research papers in prestigious journals.
UofT is very research based, educational and diverse
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: If you love research this is the place to be
Cons: Many Long hours Spending in the basement with no natural light
In my opinion University of Toronto at Mississauga is a very friendly, vibrant, dynamic and educational environment both for students and employees.
During the time I worked at University of Toronto I set up the Neuropsychology research lab with the guidance of our professor from scratch, kept everything organized and ordered equipment. Also I assisted conducting research on Rat's Brains and their life style and took notes along with our students and recorded results.
Professional environment for advanced learning
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Great experience to teach talented students. Topics to be taught are advanced and challenging, at the same time the TAs culture is helpful in terms of assisting each other towards best teaching the students.
Graphic Designer, Project Manager (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoApril 26, 2016
Pros: Flexibility with working hours (contract).
Great place to work. Lots of nice hardworking people. Flexible hours (contract). Department was going through restructuring - this was a time of some uncertainty. Overall great experience.