University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If I like a job, it will be more enjoyable
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
I am a hard worker student at school. I also like to do social activities such as gym, running, travelling, etc. Thanks to my master studying, I am learning comprehensive knowledge about distribution system and grid-connected voltage source converter controlling and simulation. If I like a project and have a good team, I can overcome the hardest problems. designing and simulation parts of project is the most enjoyable section of my study.
Working Friendly and flexible
E-mentor, ISC, Department (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: work on campus
Cons: minimum wages
Ability to develop new skill
All employees are really nice
Working time is petty flexible
work on campus
good experience
members are supportive
Good
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
A typical day begins with scanning the days mail and filing away completed documents. Then, we process loan applications for incoming students. The procedures are constantly changing due to new ministry regulations so the position requires flexibility and adaptability. Co workers are very nice. Management is also understanding. Very little opportunity for advancement.
UofT is very research based, educational and diverse
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: If you love research this is the place to be
Cons: Many Long hours Spending in the basement with no natural light
In my opinion University of Toronto at Mississauga is a very friendly, vibrant, dynamic and educational environment both for students and employees.
During the time I worked at University of Toronto I set up the Neuropsychology research lab with the guidance of our professor from scratch, kept everything organized and ordered equipment. Also I assisted conducting research on Rat's Brains and their life style and took notes along with our students and recorded results.
Good University but less payment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: The research environment was good. Professor and colleague are nice and hard working
Cons: Payment was not good
The research environment was good.
Professor and colleague are nice and hard working
Payment was not good
After working life was not rich
Research culture was rigorous
Good job
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
the people are amazing, the management can be better, but the work environment is fun

Undoubtedly there are negatives that I have been fortunate enough to not to run into, but I can only speak to my experiences so far.
Fun environment with friendly staff
UC Registrar's office (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: can study too if it isn't too busy
Typical day at work involved three rounds of premises per 8 hour shift, ensuring the float is maintained, assisting residents with any issues they may have with their rooms, distributing mail and depending on the kind of emergencies, i would call engineers to come and fix something or campus police or even ambulances.Above all, keep record of all events of the shift.
A good place to work
Technical Production Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2015
It was nice to work for U of T while completing my studies. I enjoyed the opportunity to make money while completing my degree.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
great pay, great benefits. Alot of flexibility and great opportunity to learn and develop into a strong teacher. Learned alot of technical knowledge
essentially a part time job
Ue-yu Pen, Graduate student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
I did a work study program at the University of Toronto twice, Once during the summer and once during my fourth year. The way the program works is students can work with graduate students and professors but only for 12 hours a week, it is similiar to a part time job, and the experience will depend on each department and the employer. The Graduate students that I worked with are all very helpful and easy to talk to.
Good opportunity to develop intrapersonal skills
Basketball League Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to see development in terms of self growth. Learnt to deal with several scenarios that helped me develop my skills in dealing with clients. Helped me understand the concepts of time management and managing peers.
UX Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Good job security. At times, the variety and range of projects can be minor. Great work and life balance. Great co-workers.
Friendly workplace
Program Coordinator Advanced Learning Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast an lunch during sessions
Cons: you need to put long hours to be ready before each trainig
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the team meeting. The trainings need a great deal of networking with program and curriculum directors. I need to understand the details because I am the first front line support before, during and after session activities for students and faculty.
satisfactory place to job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Needed to be self-motivated and independent in performing teaching duties. Sometimes needed to work longer hours without extra pay.
Superb culture with constant professional development.
Language Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
My supervisor was always there to assist me with professional development and advice. Furthermore, the courses taught were very well organized and interactive for students.
Impulse Group Canada
I am going to this university (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: had to pay for food, and had to pay for gas when to going to make sales to different companies
This was a good experience. Learnt a lot of things from my co-worker. This was my first job also. The hardest part of the job is that we had to wake up early and long hours.
Highly productive and great place to work at
Part Time Research Fellow (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
It is a great place to work. Highly intellectual people to work with. Provide endless opportunities to grow and learn. It has great work culture too.
Challenging
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I've ever had and also one of the most challenging. I was responsible for a staff of security officers and together we made it our mission to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the students. I was even given a personal recommendation from the Dean of the university when I lead an investigation (resulting in the apprehension and arrest) of an individual who was stalking and assaulting female students. This is without a doubt the my greatest achievement during my time as a security officer.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
As a casual employee, performing my duties is ideal for a student studying full-time. Work involves a lot of data collection and Excel use, but supervisor is very open to questions.
Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
Very productive environment and you will learn a lot. Also I learned how to set up lab equipment, do trials on animals and euthanize laboratory rats.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more