University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Fun work and nice director
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  UTSC21 March 2017
very good experience there
light workload
Good directors and colleagues
easy environment for work
nice food there
easy to park cars
fair payment
but the work hours are too limited
Poor culture
Veterinary Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Poor work culture. Negative atmosphere and an unsupportive group of people. I would not recommend working here ever and there is little room for advancement. The place has a great reputation but that is about as far as it goes.
Productive and fun work environment
Residence Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 March 2017
Amazing to work with the residence life tema. They are all talented students and staff that make the residence experience unique. I was in charge of hosting event for the residence community.
Ra
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
Grateful to learn more about psychology and work hands on and am able to run studies, as well as interact with participants.
Hardest part of the position is to double check all your work and data to make sure you have done everything correctly to avoid lose of data
Alright to learn on campus
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
It was a nice place to see what it was like to work at busy times at a university. It was nice to see students find what they needed for their classes and what kind of equipment and books. Also start a conversation about the classes they were taking too.
Good place to work with a great workplace culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
As part of my job, I was responsible for the Food Engineering group's expansion initiative focused on developing a novel process for simultaneously producing protein and diesel. The job involved an exercise of creativity and critical thinking, and so I learned so much especially in taking on completely new projects. It exposed me to the world of technology innovation and how product development works.
Pros
Availability of learning resources
Cons
low pay
Best Institution ever
Civil Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Best university in the world!
Satisfied with the education and residence.
Also, the libraries in UofT are so good with all student so focused
Good Workspace
Consultant and Branding (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 March 2017
The University of Toronto is a good and inclusive workspace that I would encourage anyone to apply to. I've learned a great deal about management from seasoned staff and administration, and was also key in teaching me how to balance different portfolios and staff.

Part of my job at U of T was to manage franchises, this involved hiring and firing of staff, budgeting, projections, maintaining assets and protocol with Franchisors. The most difficult aspect of this job could probably be surmised by the sheer amounting moving parts that had to be overseen. But it was worth it, and I learned a great deal from the my supervisors and fellow staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
parking
satisfactory
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
The University of Toronto was a satisfactory company to work for. Employees were treated well and fair. I felt comfortable approaching supervisors if i needed assistance.
Creative Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
I am conducting the CFD modeling work to investigate the low-emission natural gas combustion technology in heavy-duty CI engines.
Good environment, creative, exciting, employees are helpful
Business Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Very big organization, lots of opportunity to relocate and grow. This is the University to work at, lots of research. You won't be disappointed.
Graduate Student
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Very nice experience, great team, teamwork and very goal oriented.
High amounts of freedom to pursue research directions and also time managed settings.
Hard but fun workplace
Gymnastic Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
A typical day at work revolves entirely around the kids. My job was plan and facilitate a lesson that would be fun, inclusive and safe for children. I learnt to adapt to different situations in a quick manner, as well as accommodate children with various learning styles. The environment was stressful but everyone was very kind, supportive and encouraging making the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was the long, hot hours in a facility with minimal air conditioning available. This made it very difficult for the kids and the instructors because at times the conditions were unbearable, where it became unsafe for the campers and the staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing kids progress and building a relationship with not only the kids but the parents. This was very satisfying and worth all the hard work
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work conditions some times were very difficult with the heat
Worked there as a graduate student
Research Student (Ph.D) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
I was a graduate student at the University of Toronto in the Department of Chemistry. Facilities at the University are great and you have excellent access to scientific literature.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Lack of structure
Watershed assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
great environment with lots to learn. Treated with equality and part of the team. Would recommend to anyone. Note it is a work study position for students in uoft
Teaching experience
Teaching Assistant for MIE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Teaching undergrad and grad students about a topic that I care about is a wonderful experience in the university context. My supervisor helps me with the content and students are cooperating
Good Place to work!
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
There is a lot of opportunity at UofT. the staff are great and work environment pleasant!

The students make the job very enjoyable!
Pros
Cons
Stress
Fun group of guys
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
Pretty good group, student ran environment, very chill about everything, tends to be too chill sometimes. bureaucracy is somewhat messed up and confused at times. the entire performance really swings a lot depending on who is president that year
Pros
good exposure to world events
Cons
very sloppy chain of command
Customer service is important in this diverse enfironment
Records Assessor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
I found advancement difficult due to my age. However, I do possess a great deal of energy to perform any duty assigned. A typical day at work would consist of answering emails, working on student records, applying academic offences to student records. The Records Team, for the most part worked independently. Workplace culture is to be innovative and creative to make suggestions to improve work flow. The hardest part of the job is not enough student contact. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was congratulated for my initiative to improve work flow in our office.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Not enough student contact
Chill advisors
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Worked in conjunction with the OPP and a mining company and it was a great experience. I got to travel while on the job, do some things outside my comfort zone and offer some solutions that made an impact. I appreciate that my advisor was willing to take ideas from everyone and consider them equally. I enjoyed my time there.

4.4