University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

Challenging and rewarding learning opportunity
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2014
Working as a stage manager for the Leigha Lee Browne Theatre at the University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, I worked frequently between and after my classes there. I learned how to manage a variety of different goals and expectations from a number of sources while still maintaining my own integrity and values. I expanded and grew upon my skills in managing a large team of over 20 peers working in the production. Part of my job was often to act as a medium between upper-level employees in leadership positions and actors in less artistically decisive positions. The hardest part of this work was to organize a multitude of schedules in a way that worked collectively for the entire group. I would say the most enjoyable part of this work was growing as a team that worked to pursue the same goals for themselves and each other.
Pros
Teamwork opportunities and rewarding experiences
Cons
Long hours and often unfair pay rates

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Productive and innovative
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
It was a spectacular experience for me as a new-comer to update my professional knowledge and to familiarize with Canadian work environment. Working on mine site was another advantage of working with UOFT.
Pros
dynamic work environment
Cons
low salary
Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.