University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
life at my research lab
Postdoctoral Fellow Research (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nice social and scientific enviroment
Cons: long way to reach at work place at downtown
Usually, I make a plan for whole week to manage my research better, since I am involving in 4 main projects. of which I handle two projects myself and supervise my students who are working on others. we have meeting every week and specially before initiating any major experiments to review all steps and per-preparation of material. My co-workers are – more... very nice and helpful. we have good and productive discussion on our scientific concerns and also social activity. the later I think is very important for progressing in research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is good results, as I am metabolic engineer and try to modify organisms to show desire behavior. – less
nice people and knowledge people
Contract Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good training and experiemntal atmosphere
Cons: lack of mid level and technical management, lack of the common goal to make it success
higher management is not involved too much .
Lack of the mid level technical management.
Conservative but have passion.
Take long time to make a change, probably the system or the people there.
Encourage employee to learn all the time. And let them to take the experiment.
Made lots of new friends with the same background as mine
Mentor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2014
I felt happy for helping others. Helping people is always a good way to make true friends.
A good experience for working in hotels
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
I learned a lot of basic knowledge for being a front desk agent at a lodge/hotel facility.
supportive in the advancement of your career
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2014
The position I held was a contract position. I worked well with the U of T team and I was fortunate enough for the invitation/opportunity to return the following semester.
Amazing
Office Student Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2014
Admin related duties. Answering phone calls, filing, faxing and other day to day duties. It was great!
A great learning experience
Biomedical Engineer - Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2014
Pros: freedom to express originality and creativity
Cons: some materials would take too long to reach the workplace
The day would start with a meeting with the fellow laboratory partners. Everyone would discuss about the challenges that they are facing in their research. Ideas will be suggested and critically analysed. Owing to the diverse scientific background, it was always great to see the different ways different scientist would approach some problems. After – more... the meeting, I would proceed to my workplace and start developing different surfaces for cell culture. A single culture surface would take days or sometimes weeks to manufacture. Time management was essential to achieve a good yield.

The hardest part of the job was to be helpless while waiting for an equipment to be repaired. The best part of the job was to see the great results when an implemented idea works beautifully. As part of the job, I have developed new skills in microfabrication, cell culture and microscopy. – less
Great University
Postdoctoral (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2014
Great research environment and lots of modern instrument. Convenient for life in downtown area by walk and happy traffic at on-and-off work time
Young student life all around you
Laboratory Manager &Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: campus and student activities keeps you fresh and young
Feel inspired by your peers working on exciting projects
Collaborations with graduate students is an enriching experience
Great but very difficult university
Graduate Student, Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
U of T is one of the best universities in Toronto. Staff is mostly friendly and helpful. Tuition is quite expensive though especially for foreigner students.
Great on the job learning and mentoring others
Teaching Assistant Accounting (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: communication with professors
During office hours, I assisted students in understanding the accounting material by providing various methods of solving problems. I effectively graded assignments and exams within the allotted time proving for great time management. I learned how to approach a variety of students with different learning style and change my method of teaching to suit – more... them, My coworkers were very respectable and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was to see the students struggle but it made it more enjoyable when I helped them understand the material. – less
Nice school
Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2014
It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.It is ok.
Fun place to work while in school
Women's Centre Office Attendant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 29, 2014
i like that schedules were very flexible. good people. learned a lot about different resources available for students, especially those for women.
Challenging and rewarding learning opportunity
Stage Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: teamwork opportunities and rewarding experiences
Cons: long hours and often unfair pay rates
Working as a stage manager for the Leigha Lee Browne Theatre at the University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, I worked frequently between and after my classes there. I learned how to manage a variety of different goals and expectations from a number of sources while still maintaining my own integrity and values. I expanded and grew upon my skills – more... in managing a large team of over 20 peers working in the production. Part of my job was often to act as a medium between upper-level employees in leadership positions and actors in less artistically decisive positions. The hardest part of this work was to organize a multitude of schedules in a way that worked collectively for the entire group. I would say the most enjoyable part of this work was growing as a team that worked to pursue the same goals for themselves and each other. – less
Highly engaging and challenging workplace, with many opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2014
Everything is good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
- Prepare for tutorials, office hours, marking quizzes
- Nothing really hard, time management is important
- Good paid
Nice colleagues and fun environemnt
Ph.D. Research (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
It was a good bunch of enthusiastic works who always worked together and had fun together.
Great work, if you can get it.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
I got this job because a professor in our department got a grant, and was able to use it to organize a conference. He was a fantastic employer who mentored and clearly cared a great deal about his graduate student research assistants. He organized a first-rate conference, too.
Awesome Place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: little to no paper work
Great management, peers and support groups.
You get to choose your own hours which provides flexibility. The quality of your work is shown in how busy you are at work.
Productive work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
I had the opportunity to further improve my skills:
Time Management
Critical Thinking
Problem Solving
Work under pressure

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more