University of Toronto

University of Toronto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ASBLab provided an interesting work environment to grow and practice initiative.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016

I was put in charge of developing a face tracking algorithm for the Tangy robot. Tangy is a multi machine robot, where several nodes communicate with each other to accomplish a common goal.

I was able to use software and visual face recognition techniques to help Tangy identify people's faces. The software would then communicate with the motors actuating his neck to cause Tangy to maintain eye contact and follow people around.
Excellent school for professional development
MASTER STUDENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent school for professional development, friendly professors and helpful staff. Clean and professional environment.
Amazing place to work with
Mentor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Flexible time hours
Cons: Limited hours
The University Of Toronto give students various opportunities to build upon their skills and talents. Whatever you're interested in, theres a position available for it. Working with other students is also a delight and you get to learn from staff that have great insights to various field of the job industry.
high reputation institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
It is an honour to study in University of Toronto, it would be my life time experience wherever I go. Over all rating excellent
Active way to express leadership
FROSH WEEK LEADER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Helping out with Frosh Week includes discussing topics of equity with the new students, as well as introducing the campus to them through very active and very fun games.
undergraduate students
finance student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 1, 2016
Pros: learned a lot of stuff
Cons: not as practical
I did a lot of group assignments and presentations
I know how to use excel and other investment tools such as Factset.
I know how to do financial analysis such as technical and fundamental analysis.
engaging and lots of learning at UofT
Researcher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
I code using the program language R, and I get help from my co-workers if I have no other solutions. I learned a lot during this job, and still am.
Good Orgnaization
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
CAM-H, is a well organized institution to work for. Everything runs smoothly, and everything is done well. There is no doubt that this is the leader in mental health research and treatment in Canada. The security and location are ideal as well.
University of Toronto is a great place to work
Receptionist and Outreach, Physics (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Learning opportunities, culture diversity of location, benefits and salary were comparable.
Cons: Distance to work lately, since the move to Milton.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at the University, at both the St. George Campus and the Mississauga Campus.

All jobs have been challenging, and enjoyable. Most recently, the Physics Department has been the best experience. The people I worked with were the best. I had the opportunity to learn new systems - key database. The management was great, always approachable. Attending courses and seminars was always encouraged.
Productive and competitive workplace
Master of Science (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
I worked with a unique team of individuals that are very respectful and professional. It was a wonderful experience as I had the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of experienced individuals in the filed of management and engineering
fun and lively
teaching assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy engaging and teaching students using real-life and relevant examples. My coworkers are supportive. The hardest but the most rewarding part is seeing that "aha" moment when students understand course material.
Great job, environment could be better at times...
Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at UofT. The work was diverse, interesting and the management struck a good balance between guidance and freedom for its employees. However, at times, the culture was not overly positive (when I worked there) which effected my desire to stay.
Good environment to work at
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
The management is great and you learn something new everyday.
Here I have learnt different cases of students/applicants when applying for OSAP loan. Not everyone is eligible.
I worked with student volunteers and enjoyed my time doing volunteer work
Income Tax Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
The working environment is friendly and supportive. I enjoyed working with teams and provide free services to University students.
Amazing Learning environment
Project Manager/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Professors and Assistant professors really focus on your growth and motivate you constantly.

Great academic environment.
Dynamic career learning environment.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Working with knowledgeable staff.
Cons: Long communte.
Dynamic education environment to work in. A typical day at work included benefits administration for Non-Unionized and Unionized staff and general office administration coordination. A great place to utilize my strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As an instructor I am provided all the support I need
Part-Time Professor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
I work once a week at the Scarborough Campus.
I enjoy these assignments.
I enjoy the interaction with students.
Class support for technical aspects is good
good
Volunteered as student leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2015
after school volunteer which is very convenient with the time. get to help those who is in need of understanding school materials. fun talking to young and enthusiastic students.
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Great Learning Experience
Cons: Poor Management
Place to learn and gain experience in my roll as technical Director.
Always given the go ahead to try new methods and technical experiences. Promoted when jobs well done.
Great
Scientific Diligence Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Different experts of various fields always present
Cons: none
Full of talented individuals, outstanding staff.

Can be tough at times to navigate between the campuses.

It is definitely one of the best schools in the country