University of Toronto

University of Toronto Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
essentially a part time job
Ue-yu Pen, Graduate student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
I did a work study program at the University of Toronto twice, Once during the summer and once during my fourth year. The way the program works is students can work with graduate students and professors but only for 12 hours a week, it is similiar to a part time job, and the experience will depend on each department and the employer. The Graduate students that I worked with are all very helpful and easy to talk to.
Good opportunity to develop intrapersonal skills
Basketball League Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to see development in terms of self growth. Learnt to deal with several scenarios that helped me develop my skills in dealing with clients. Helped me understand the concepts of time management and managing peers.
UX Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Good job security. At times, the variety and range of projects can be minor. Great work and life balance. Great co-workers.
Friendly workplace
Program Coordinator Advanced Learning Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast an lunch during sessions
Cons: you need to put long hours to be ready before each trainig
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the team meeting. The trainings need a great deal of networking with program and curriculum directors. I need to understand the details because I am the first front line support before, during and after session activities for students and faculty.
satisfactory place to job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Needed to be self-motivated and independent in performing teaching duties. Sometimes needed to work longer hours without extra pay.
Superb culture with constant professional development.
Language Instructor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
My supervisor was always there to assist me with professional development and advice. Furthermore, the courses taught were very well organized and interactive for students.
Impulse Group Canada
I am going to this university (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: had to pay for food, and had to pay for gas when to going to make sales to different companies
This was a good experience. Learnt a lot of things from my co-worker. This was my first job also. The hardest part of the job is that we had to wake up early and long hours.
Highly productive and great place to work at
Part Time Research Fellow (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
It is a great place to work. Highly intellectual people to work with. Provide endless opportunities to grow and learn. It has great work culture too.
Challenging
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I've ever had and also one of the most challenging. I was responsible for a staff of security officers and together we made it our mission to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the students. I was even given a personal recommendation from the Dean of the university when I lead an investigation (resulting in the apprehension and arrest) of an individual who was stalking and assaulting female students. This is without a doubt the my greatest achievement during my time as a security officer.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
As a casual employee, performing my duties is ideal for a student studying full-time. Work involves a lot of data collection and Excel use, but supervisor is very open to questions.
Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
Very productive environment and you will learn a lot. Also I learned how to set up lab equipment, do trials on animals and euthanize laboratory rats.
Very productive work environment
Research Student in Human Biology (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Very productive and supporting atmosphere to work. Enjoyed all the projects that I completed at the University of Toronto. Made many friends and obtained recognition for my research.
Overll the most diverse company to work for.
Journeyman Control Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: diverse and versitile
Cons: limited as far as funds.
When I started at the University I thought I knew all I needed to know to basically roll over the existing staffers. I very quickly came to the realization that although I had a good working knowledge of products I have worked on in the pass, my knowledge was quit limited and would have affect my performance but the group of guys I work with took me under their wings and teach me a whole new skill set. by far the top 5 company to work for.
University of Toronto
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
I advised and organized students who wanted to study overseas through our exchange programs. I coordinate with students who want to study at the University of Toronto through our exchange programs. It was a great work environment and required a lot of organization and logistical work.
excellent
Senior Java Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Great job, great team, excellent project, I had been working there for Java/JavaScript developer with central control & monitor system CCMS
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Student Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great work experience, flexible hours
The University of Toronto Scarborough's Admissions and Student Recruitment office provides a great working environment for students. The training provided is extremely useful and the the senior staff members are very accommodating.
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Work hard, study hard. Depending on your supervisor, amount of the work varies.
Intellectually stimulating and dynamic work place
Postdoctoral Researcher & Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of bright people and visitors come by often
Cons: the pay is not great
The best part of working here as a researcher is the people. I work with incredibly talented people on very hard and interesting problems in theoretical physics.
fun and easy job
Building Caretaker/Custodian (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
i have learned a lot of things by working at this place. i learned to be 100% detailed oriented. management, i would say it's average and my co-workers are working well with others. the hardest part of the job is when they put all the duties to me but still trying my best to meet their expectations. the most enjoyable part of the job is when i take my breaks.
Good
Junior Network Administrator (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: slow pace
Good People to work with. Excellent environment, possibility for advancement

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Toronto

The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated – Read more