University of Toronto Employee Reviews

ADMINISTRATOR/FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Very work focused environment. Not really amicable to employees with families.

Room for advancement if you work hard.

Management needs improvement
Pros
excellent salary and benefits, easy to upgrade skills
Cons
long hours, lots of pressure
good pay
Communications and Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2017
We need diversity in our organizations, and diversity in personality types and conversational styles is as important as any other kind. Without diversity we get colorlessness, blandness and group-think.
No new skills learned
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2017
No new skills learned. Not a real work environment. Managers do not try to build up your skills and retain your services. It's a job to earn money but not to learn anything new.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
No new skills learned
Great place to work - one of Canada's top 100 employers
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
A typical day of work is busy, professional, education-student environment, friendly and stress-free.
I learned to relate to people of all cultures and nationalities with respect and compassion.
The management is great.
The workplace culture is tolerant.
excellent
Researcher, Teaching Assistant, Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2017
It is one of the toughest university in the world. However, working here helps to learn a lot and improve personal skill. It is a nice place to work. I
Pros
low wadge
Cons
excellent Environment.
I am Currently a Student enrolled in 5 courses a semester
Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
This Semester, I am enrolled in Physical Geography, Ecosystems and Environmental Change, Qualitative Research Methods, Digital Mapping and Cartography, and Genetic Variation. My average day is from about 9-4 but i have to study and keep up with readings for about 2- 4 hours a night. During exam season, all I do is study all day in preperation for my exams.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Expensive Tuition
Welcoming learning environment
Faculty (Former Employee) –  University of Toronto12 December 2017
Welcoming learning environment. Lots of opportunity to learn new things and interact with colleagues. Weekly lab seminars were informative and educational.
work-life balance was excellent, opportunities for continuing education were amazing
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
I gained a ton of valuable experience working at the University of Toronto. I worked with all levels of management, faculty and colleagues and thoroughly appreciated the work environment. An excellent work-life balance was promoted in our office and I really appreciated that. There was excellent opportunities for continuing education support, which I really appreciate in a job. Very understanding office in regards to sick days, time off, etc.
Best place to learn and engage in research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
I highly recommend University of Toronto to anyone who is looking for cutting-edge technology development where you work under the supervision of world-class professors. University of Toronto is a very good place where you can start your professional career.
Productive and intellectually challenging workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Working with the organization of various specimen, creating virtual endocasts for the purposes of research, and working as a scientific illustrator for publication in academic journals.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Work in an office with a table tennis
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
A work place that is fully equipped. Students could gather around a table, write on the blackboard, discuss. Good experience, making my student life productive and colourful.
Productive and innovative
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
It was a spectacular experience for me as a new-comer to update my professional knowledge and to familiarize with Canadian work environment. Working on mine site was another advantage of working with UOFT.
Pros
dynamic work environment
Cons
low salary
Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
UofT
Imagery Technician/ Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Great place to work. Very hard to just to get accepted for work. Not many opportunities for those who do not have degrees or diplomas. A lot of out of country hire, increasing the difficulty in hiring residences.
Pros
Great management and great salary and benefits.
Cons
Very difficult getting hired
Strong higher learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
The university of Toronto is a great place to study with valuable opportunities. Whether it be extracurricular or a possible internship, the tertiary opportunities to your program of study enrich the experience.
very good work experience
Financial Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2017
I enjoyed working at U of T Scarborough campus as Financial assistant , I learned a lot in short time. Attended 9 training sessions using SAP system . Workplace culture very friendly , unfortunately it was only for 6 months . I would love to work there again.
Pros
Close to home and, and enjoyed working there
Cons
no cons
A lot of work, but fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Typical work day is that you go in, check voicemails (usually over 10 from overnight), send a lot of emails, many being to international students, pick up calls asking for program admin information
Not ment for culinary professionals
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
Not at all suitable for anyone willing to learn. Filled with diner cooks and mixed with over 30 unions, room for growth is next to none.
There company is decade behind helping students and there pockets. The food quality is next to none.
Pros
5$ meals
Cons
everything needs to be professional
Great Experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
-Good learning and teaching environment
-Good facilities and management
-Co-workers were encouraging and helpful
-Workload was acceptable and fair
-Professors were knowledgeable
Challanging and rewarding work environment
Junior Programmer (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Management and staff are all very welcoming and kind people. Typical work days include daily scrum meetings then being left alone to do your work with very little interruptions. Help was thoroughly provided when ever requested.