Come join one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and work where the world comes to learn. A history of innovation and international academic excellence, a wide range of careers and a diverse environment make the University of Toronto THE place to be.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Trade Services, you are responsible for:
- the supervision, administration and co-ordination of unionized Electricians, Machinists and Sheet Metal workers in the maintenance and renovation of University buildings, grounds and equipment, as well as, unionized staff supporting the Trades Services logistical services, which is comprised of the Stores, Tool Crib, Dispatch and Trades Transportation Service;
- ensuring customer service standards are met in the areas of scheduling and quality of work through regular liaison with customers and inspection of work;
- administering and enforcing collective bargaining agreements;
- providing technical consultation services to staff, other divisions within Facilities and Services and other University departments;
- hiring unionized personnel to ensure adequate staffing is available to meet customer service requirements;
- quality assurance, analyzing work methods and processes; and
- developing and implementing productivity and efficiency measures, in order to create a competitive customer service environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education: University degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sound knowledge of industrial and construction skilled trades, WHMIS regulations and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety Regulations.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years' related experience managing skilled trades in a unionized environment.
Skills: Proficient with standard office comupter applications (e.g. Word, Excel).
Other: Excellent organization skills, including planning of work schedules; strong oral and written communications skills; good leadership and supervisory skills; demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service under pressure of multiple demands; ability to exercise good judgement and initiative; excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are invited to apply online on or before November 28, 2012 to the U of T Careers website by referencing Requisition ID# 1201612 (External Section) at:
The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or simply Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated on the...