University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Dynamic workplace
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2016
A absolute great employer. Beautiful campus. Good benefit and salary. Flexable work hour. Good management and respectful supervisors.
Pros
Benefit
Excellent resource for research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2015
The University of Saskatchewan is a great resource for research locally and internationally. Work tasks are directed to advancing research projects. You often will be working alone or in small groups.
Great university and fun staff
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 September 2015
It is a good work environment for new graduates. It is not only a place you can learn and grow, but also a place you can explore you potential. With nice and friendly people around, you are not afraid of asking questions, looking for kindly advice. People there are always patient to help.
Pros
Great staff and good working environment
Cons
Low salary
Best experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2016
Guidance, required training and learned how to deal with students.Great work environment and flexible work schedule.
A typical day
University Wrestling Coach (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 February 2015
Typical day of work:
- getting ready in the morning, review messages, outline the plan for the day.
-Outline the plan is something I learned so your prepared but also be ready for changes.
- Management and co-works. Check in with superiors. If the co-workers are directly working with me, make sure we are on the same page moving forward.
- Hardest part of the job is political meetings such as AGM's.
- Most enjoyable is working with the athletes and competition
Pros
Its the Sport World
Cons
Extensive
Energetic and passionate about serving students and faculty
Program and Project Management (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 October 2014
The atmosphere is very refreshing with so much energy in the air by the new students each year. The facilities and grounds are lovely and always provide a calming environment for staff and students.

Management is very strong in leadership skills and look out for the best interest of their staff.

Highly recommend working at the University of Saskatchewan.
Pros
Strong Leadership skills
Cons
Budgets are always tight
U of S
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 February 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and go to school. I have learned several key lessons and concepts that will aid me in my life.
A good and conducive environment to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2014
A typical day of work starts with checking all the equipment and setting up the laboratory for the day's experiment. Obtaining research data and analysing the data forms part of the most exciting part of my job. However, working until the late hours is something that happens on daily basis. This is because once a particular experiment is started, such must be completed before equipment are shut down.
Pros
Availability of all equipment needed.
Cons
Working alone
expanded my knowledge base and allowed me to learn not only about my own culture but cultures from around the world
Teaching Assistant - Native Studies Department (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan14 September 2012
Lead weekly seminars and discuss Native Issues as they pertain to Native peoples, while examing the contribution Aboriginals have made to thier own development and history. Examine how Aboriginal people situate themselves in both rural and urban settings.
Pros
achieved a university level education
Cons
pay not enough to live on.
enjoyable work and after work activities
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 November 2012
HPLC, LC-MS/MS, Extraction ( Liquid/Liquid, SPE ).
Happy with problem was solved.
Be glad to work with co-workers.
The most hardest part of the job is sometimes LC-MS/MS experiments cannot repeat due to lots of people using quite different mobile phase.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I can planning my day work according to my proffessor's ideas.
The most enjoyable activities are playing table tennis and bedminton after work.
Pros
pot luck
Cons
long weekend
Chanllenging place but with a lot of fun
Teaching Assistant & Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 February 2014
A great place for academic enhancement. Being an Teaching Assistant is a great way of practice public speaking skills and communicating with individuals.

I love to work with my professors,classmates and students. The most enjoyable part of the job is as the expression of "learning by doing" that as a Teaching Assistant I need to answer all kinds of students emails. This enhanced my skills of independently study.
Large organization with a very modest pace environment
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 November 2015
A good place for a long career workers; provides a lot of benefits; fun place with supportive management. great colleagues around. a lot of opportunities to grow.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 January 2016
I worked in the lab, greenhouse and field, its a really good place. I have learned management skills.Good time with co-workers
The work was fulfiling which gives me the access to student related issues and concern
Student Crew worker (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, saskatchewan20 April 2012
The job improved my education-communication skills and opportunity to work with fellow students that are ready to work and following the rules and regulation policy of the job.
I have no encounter of hardship in the job as it was all fun working with students
Pros
free meal
Cons
considerable amount of hours for student
great co workers
Support Group worker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 January 2013
lots of hard work for low to moderate pay
good place to learn
great co-workers and characters
the hardest part is to watch how the administration group is growing in numbers - and letting go of the actual workers to replace them with MORE ADMIN STAFF. HEAVY AT THE TOP!!! waiting for the CRASH or to be laid off.
the best part of my job is the people I get to work with
Pros
get pay
Cons
don't get me started
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 September 2015
The university communitty is so big and there is always something going on that you can get involved in. The size might make it impersonal but with the right work ethic, you will stand out, and will be rewarded accordingly
Productive and inspiring place to work
Alumni Student caller Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 May 2013
Learnt how to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty by applying emphatic communication skills and handling conflict resolutions with customers.

Most challenging part of the job is meeting targets for the organization and was up to the task.
Pros
free pizzas after meeting weekly target
Alright place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 February 2014
The University was a alright place to work. My typical day at work would be clearing off snow from sidewalks. My co-workers were very good to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all the areas done. There were a lot of priorities when working at the University but not enough guys to help.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
politically toxic
Nobody in particular (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon4 April 2013
not a great place. They strive to be at the 50th percentile in terms of salary. Very hierarchical in structure. With the budget cuts, not much in terms of job security, and not much vision or leadership from senior management.
Pros
good vacation for employees; decent work-life balance
Cons
toxic political mess; hierarchical
Engaging and stimulating work environement
SEMINAR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 October 2015
This is a fantastic place to work for academically oriented thinkers. The people are warm and interesting, and the campus is stunningly beautiful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3