University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews in Canada

Dynamic workplace
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
A absolute great employer. Beautiful campus. Good benefit and salary. Flexable work hour. Good management and respectful supervisors.
Pros
Benefit
Good looking Campus, Great Benefits
Ecology Camp Junior Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKMarch 8, 2016
My work was at a seasonal camp that was most often off site. Must faculty and staff are kind and friendly. Had excellent dental and health benefits including access to the PAC.
A Great Learning Curve
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 12, 2016
Since I am master's student in the same university, it's an illuminating experience for me that allows me to learn new things that helps me in my program as well. Not to mention the benefits from meeting people and interacting with Professors.
Large organization with a very modest pace environment
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 11, 2015
A good place for a long career workers; provides a lot of benefits; fun place with supportive management. great colleagues around. a lot of opportunities to grow.
Review Summary
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 16, 2016
A typical day at the U of S involves completing projects, attend meetings and negotiating with clients (professors). It involves working with the production team to complete projects. I learned how to manage 10 projects at the same time. My co-workers were very professional people, very confident of their own abilities and skills. They were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was to handle university management who was all out to eliminate our group through restructuring. My colleagues and I spent a lot of time fighting university management and dealing with the impending layoffs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the projects and seeing students succeed in the courses.
Pros
A very satisfying experience when the projects were successfully launched.
Cons
The Instructional Design Group was eventually removed by the University management, we were laid off.
Great university and fun staff
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 9, 2015
It is a good work environment for new graduates. It is not only a place you can learn and grow, but also a place you can explore you potential. With nice and friendly people around, you are not afraid of asking questions, looking for kindly advice. People there are always patient to help.
Pros
Great staff and good working environment
Cons
Low salary
U of S
Community Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2016
I spent over 3 years applying to the Campus to get hired on as a Peace Officer and it finally paid off. The training I was given was fantastic, schedule was awesome, training officer I had was very hard to impress and never really gave good feed back. Was always dwelling on the things I did wrong, could have given some positive feed back to make a person feel good.
Fun and challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 4, 2016
While some of the tasks seemed challenging at first, by conquering them I gained confidence in myself as a worker. I also had the opportunity to train new hires, which was an incredible learning experience in itself.
Pros
Confidence booster
Cons
Challenging tasks
Review and Connect
Marker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 28, 2016
Appointed as a marker for several courses learned well before, marking assignments and papers is another way reviewing the knowledge learned before. Through marking a course, I make a good relation with the professor.
Exciting, Productive
On Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 21, 2016
With so many opportunities to work many different jobs it was exciting coming in not knowing what you could be doing for the evening but still having experience to know how to be productive and have a strong team around you
Great Place to Work
Technican (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 25, 2016
Job Description is never the same, something different almost everyday. Can be demanding and Intense at times however the reward worth it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Long walk to get coffee
Pretty good
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 9, 2016
Best job I ever had. It was exactly what I expected and was very rewarding. If I could work there again I would but the contract was over by the end of last summer.
Homely environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 4, 2016
The campus is very nice. The department of biology has a museum which is super cool! All most all departments have Tim Horton inside the building. Overall good place to work.
Group member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 1, 2016
Participating in group projects for numerous classes at the U of S can be challenging since it is hard to coordinate people's schedules and everyone is very busy. This year I have been involved with many group projects and it has really help me grow and to appreciate working in a team environment, as well as individually.
Working with smart people in dynamic enviroment
Research and teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2015
Working on challenging projects
great team work and friendship with my Colleagues.
Supportive supervisor with great advises
learning critical skills such as time management, multi-tasking ability and focus on one problem at the time.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
office in basement without windows for 4 years
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the lab, greenhouse and field, its a really good place. I have learned management skills.Good time with co-workers
Best experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2016
Guidance, required training and learned how to deal with students.Great work environment and flexible work schedule.
politically toxic
Nobody in particular (Former Employee) –  SaskatoonApril 4, 2013
not a great place. They strive to be at the 50th percentile in terms of salary. Very hierarchical in structure. With the budget cuts, not much in terms of job security, and not much vision or leadership from senior management.
Pros
good vacation for employees; decent work-life balance
Cons
toxic political mess; hierarchical
U of S
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 7, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and go to school. I have learned several key lessons and concepts that will aid me in my life.
Alright place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 5, 2014
The University was a alright place to work. My typical day at work would be clearing off snow from sidewalks. My co-workers were very good to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all the areas done. There were a lot of priorities when working at the University but not enough guys to help.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement

4.3