University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Great Learning Curve
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 12, 2016
Since I am master's student in the same university, it's an illuminating experience for me that allows me to learn new things that helps me in my program as well. Not to mention the benefits from meeting people and interacting with Professors.
U of S
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 7, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and go to school. I have learned several key lessons and concepts that will aid me in my life.
Group member (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 1, 2016
Participating in group projects for numerous classes at the U of S can be challenging since it is hard to coordinate people's schedules and everyone is very busy. This year I have been involved with many group projects and it has really help me grow and to appreciate working in a team environment, as well as individually.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the lab, greenhouse and field, its a really good place. I have learned management skills.Good time with co-workers
Excellent resource for research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 29, 2015
The University of Saskatchewan is a great resource for research locally and internationally. Work tasks are directed to advancing research projects. You often will be working alone or in small groups.
Working with smart people in dynamic enviroment
Research and teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: office in basement without windows for 4 years
Working on challenging projects
great team work and friendship with my Colleagues.
Supportive supervisor with great advises
learning critical skills such as time management, multi-tasking ability and focus on one problem at the time.
Large organization with a very modest pace environment
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 11, 2015
A good place for a long career workers; provides a lot of benefits; fun place with supportive management. great colleagues around. a lot of opportunities to grow.
Great atmosphere with lots of flexability
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 20, 2015
This is a really great place to work, for a first time job. You can make lots of great friends, and they are really good at working around your schedule.
Engaging and stimulating work environement
SEMINAR LEADER (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 13, 2015
This is a fantastic place to work for academically oriented thinkers. The people are warm and interesting, and the campus is stunningly beautiful.
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 30, 2015
The university communitty is so big and there is always something going on that you can get involved in. The size might make it impersonal but with the right work ethic, you will stand out, and will be rewarded accordingly
Great university and fun staff
Research Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Great staff and good working environment
Cons: Low salary
It is a good work environment for new graduates. It is not only a place you can learn and grow, but also a place you can explore you potential. With nice and friendly people around, you are not afraid of asking questions, looking for kindly advice. People there are always patient to help.
AWESOME
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 19, 2015
I love it here, its the best experience I have had as a student and as a worker. The staff are amazing and they really make you feel welcome. So many great experiences to have here.
Post-doctoral Researcher (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SK.May 8, 2015
It is a good university even though the city (Saskatoon) itself is not attractive. My supervisor was nice and helpful. Working location was calm and clean.
Exciting research
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 12, 2015
I worked part-time for a short duration for a new researcher who was setting up his lab. It was exciting that the crystals we were growing were being analyzed at the synchrotron.
Grader Math Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 7, 2015
Always looking forward in going to work. Enjoy the environment of helping the ones especially interested in succeeding.
Very Nice University
Ph.D. (Former Employee), SaskatoonMarch 5, 2015
Saskatoon is cold! That is for sure.
If you are looking for a place you can consecrate on studying, I would recommend this place.
A typical day
University Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: its the sport world
Cons: extensive
Typical day of work:
- getting ready in the morning, review messages, outline the plan for the day.
-Outline the plan is something I learned so your prepared but also be ready for changes.
- Management and co-works. Check in with superiors. If the co-workers are directly working with me, make sure we are on the same page moving forward.
- Hardest part of the job is political meetings such as AGM's.
- Most enjoyable is working with the athletes and competition
Productive and fun work place with good employees safety program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of a job is being able to relate well with your co-workers on different strata of the corporate ladder.
Good experience and challenging
CE495 4th Year Design Project Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKNovember 20, 2014
I get to lead my final year design group for our year long project. It was both challenging and valuable experience to have to plan the schedule, set up meetings, keep everyone on track and try and help everyone to their best potential.
Energetic and passionate about serving students and faculty
Program and Project Management (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 11, 2014
Pros: strong leadership skills
Cons: budgets are always tight
The atmosphere is very refreshing with so much energy in the air by the new students each year. The facilities and grounds are lovely and always provide a calming environment for staff and students.

Management is very strong in leadership skills and look out for the best interest of their staff.

Highly recommend working at the University of Saskatchewan.