University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

University of Saskatchewan is a nice place to work. Faculty and staff are so much friendly and helpful. the salary was also good.
Research Assistant (MSc. Thesis) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 February 2017
It's really a pleasure to study and work in University of Saskatchewan.All co-workers are cooperate closely with each other and the most enjoyable is the very organized working environment that secures high working efficiency.
learning environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2016
- Work place is an ocean of knowledge and we gain a lot from it
- I learnt work ethics and public health principles
- Wonderful management
- The hardest part of the job is to meet the set deadlines
- The most enjoyable is the set deadlines as they give you the motivation to complete the tasks
Pros
Individual Work atmosphere
Cons
Need to allocate more number of hours
Productive and friendly working enviroment
Research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 October 2016
good place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
good place to balance work and school. All depends on the type of work that you will due at the university. I had a great leader that made the time worth while.
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 February 2017
Good I enjoy working at university of Saskatchewan
Friendly environment
Good research work
Challenging
I enjoy teaching under graduates
nice and friendly
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 December 2016
Productive work space
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 November 2016
Excellent working environment , excellent co-workers and fun filled lab atmosphere.
Well trained PI and respectable salary and benefits.
Fun and challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 August 2016
While some of the tasks seemed challenging at first, by conquering them I gained confidence in myself as a worker. I also had the opportunity to train new hires, which was an incredible learning experience in itself.
Pros
Confidence booster
Cons
Challenging tasks
U of S
Community Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 June 2016
I spent over 3 years applying to the Campus to get hired on as a Peace Officer and it finally paid off. The training I was given was fantastic, schedule was awesome, training officer I had was very hard to impress and never really gave good feed back. Was always dwelling on the things I did wrong, could have given some positive feed back to make a person feel good.
best place to work for your family
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2016
Pro
great family work balance
freedom to inspire and investigate dreams

Cons
Salary is not to industry standards
Culture has not evolved with the industry
Review and Connect
Marker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 July 2016
Appointed as a marker for several courses learned well before, marking assignments and papers is another way reviewing the knowledge learned before. Through marking a course, I make a good relation with the professor.
Review Summary
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 May 2016
A typical day at the U of S involves completing projects, attend meetings and negotiating with clients (professors). It involves working with the production team to complete projects. I learned how to manage 10 projects at the same time. My co-workers were very professional people, very confident of their own abilities and skills. They were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was to handle university management who was all out to eliminate our group through restructuring. My colleagues and I spent a lot of time fighting university management and dealing with the impending layoffs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the projects and seeing students succeed in the courses.
Pros
A very satisfying experience when the projects were successfully launched.
Cons
The Instructional Design Group was eventually removed by the University management, we were laid off.
Exciting, Productive
On Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 June 2016
With so many opportunities to work many different jobs it was exciting coming in not knowing what you could be doing for the evening but still having experience to know how to be productive and have a strong team around you
Pretty good
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 May 2016
Best job I ever had. It was exactly what I expected and was very rewarding. If I could work there again I would but the contract was over by the end of last summer.
Homely environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2016
The campus is very nice. The department of biology has a museum which is super cool! All most all departments have Tim Horton inside the building. Overall good place to work.
Group member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 February 2016
Participating in group projects for numerous classes at the U of S can be challenging since it is hard to coordinate people's schedules and everyone is very busy. This year I have been involved with many group projects and it has really help me grow and to appreciate working in a team environment, as well as individually.
A Great Learning Curve
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 February 2016
Since I am master's student in the same university, it's an illuminating experience for me that allows me to learn new things that helps me in my program as well. Not to mention the benefits from meeting people and interacting with Professors.
Good looking Campus, Great Benefits
Ecology Camp Junior Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK8 March 2016
My work was at a seasonal camp that was most often off site. Must faculty and staff are kind and friendly. Had excellent dental and health benefits including access to the PAC.
Great Place to Work
Technican (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2016
Job Description is never the same, something different almost everyday. Can be demanding and Intense at times however the reward worth it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Long walk to get coffee
Working with smart people in dynamic enviroment
Research and teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 November 2015
Working on challenging projects
great team work and friendship with my Colleagues.
Supportive supervisor with great advises
learning critical skills such as time management, multi-tasking ability and focus on one problem at the time.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
office in basement without windows for 4 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3