University of Regina Employee Review

View all University of Regina reviews

Teaching Assitantship
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 March 2014
Grading assignments and assisting with exams and labs helped me review my work and also develop thinking from the point of view of the examiner.

Other University of Regina Employee Reviews

Job summary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 January 2018
A typical day at work is about communication with the head administrative assistant, update the emails income and outgoing. Advise the student facilitator of her schedule for the day. Finish other office duties given, if it be filing, putting mail in mailboxes, typing out documents of all kinds, helping students with questions on the nursing course. The hardest part of my job is keeping every student calm and focused. The information is ongoing and there is a lot of reading involved in a day. The emails can be repeatative but beneficial to answer each one on a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part is being with my co workers and meeting all the staff in the U of R.
Pros
Free lunches for staff and other events
Cons
there are no cons
Excellent teamwork
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 January 2018
I enjoyed the challenges my job offered. I was supported by HR, Finance and Administration. I was even supported by the Union. I did have some disgruntled employees but I think staff respected my due process and due diligence when faced workplace incidents. I focused on fairness and consistency.

The hardest part was managing the Store's assets. I enjoyed the challenges but moving inventory took work. The University gave good support, I looked forward to work each day and I would work there again.
Pros
freedom, friendly, supportive and good pay.
Cons
consistent communication