University of Regina Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2016
Data management and processing, conducted research about production decline analysis of tight and shale formation as well as geological modelling on reservoir characterization.
Nice coworkers and managers gave me high-level appraises for my performance on work ethic and integrity.
Pros
Free lunch
Supportive Team Environment
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 August 2016
Between the Management style, experience and career advancement, the University of Regina was one of the greatest places I have ever worked!
Pros
Team Leader
Cons
Old Mentality
• Knowledge of University systems • Experienced in analyzing financial data • Computer Skills
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 May 2016
1. At present job
• Organizing and preparing documents for images
• Scanning, and verifying documents and indexes images
• Performing clerical tasks, such as indexed documents according to an established new folder
• Archiving files, emails, doing mails and assisting with special project such as Shen Kuo program
• Using Banner, Caspur reports and GroupWise knowledge and possessing skills in the use of student databases
• Assisting with admissions and Registration
• responsible for general correspondence and bulk mailing; sorts and distributes mail
• Learning lots of policies and procedures of University
• Work well with co-workers
• The hardest work is dealed with different program problem of graduate students
• The most enjoyable part of job is solved problem for different students
Great for getting experience in athletic therapy
Student athletic trainer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 October 2016
Great working with the University. I worked with the Track and Field team for 3 years and it has taught me a lot about massage and athletic therapy. Everyone is very welcoming, coaches especially.
Interesting work place.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 May 2016
Interesting work environment where every culture and point of view is respected and valued. I would like to work there again if given more opportunity.
Great workplace
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 October 2016
Enjoyable, rewarding, reliable, affable workplace. Outgoing, enjoyable staff. Challenging work. Great experience performing lab work and field work on a day to day basis.
Good University
English as a Second Language Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2016
Friendly environment, I took an English as a second language course, which I personally enjoyed a lot.
Nice place to learn and doing research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2016
Quite atmosphere to do research, university offered funding and resource to support you. Basically, it's a place you can focus on your job.
Enjoyed every moment at this University
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 March 2016
I find the professors and my coaches at the university of Regina to be very kind and supportive. I always have something to do and I never get bored. I grew as a person and I have learned a lot.
Enjoyable experience
University Instructor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 February 2016
Loved my time working at the University and their distance education program called the Northern Teachers Education Program in Northern Saskatchewan.
Grdauated with a degree in HR
Invigilator (Accessibility Department) P/T (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 December 2015
This is just a temporary on call wherein I have to be there on the campus to invigilate students with accessibility. The days are flexible between Monday to Friday.
A place to work with Professionals
Examination Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 December 2012
One unique thing about working in an academic environment is that you meet great minds. My colleagues at U or R (as we call University of Regina) are very open and always willing to help. This blends in well with my personality as I enjoy helping to solve complex problems. I take pleasure in thinking over complex issues with others till it makes sense and then applying practical steps to resolve the issues identified. I also like to work with numbers, that is why I am an accountant. The most enjoyable part of my job is the deep fulfillment that comes from solving problems for others.
Pros
you learn everyday :)
Cons
sometimes working late nights during the cold winter...brrrr!
Enjoyed the challenge of keeping all customers coworkers happy
o Supervisor of Lab Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2014
Started work at 6:30 am picked up money and produce and stock for the day. Went to location and got ready to open for 7:30 am. Counted cash for two tills did the accounting work for them both. Open store and corespond with coworkers for the day. Had four other people working with me in the area. Had to keep the area stocked and running for a very busy Tim Hortons self serve location. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to keep over two thousand customers a day happy. Found it was a very good challenge for everyone to leave my location with a smile.
Pros
Had excellent coworkers in my location
Cons
trying to work a location, that needed four people at all times, and be short staffed by another location having someone call in sick.
rewarding learning environment
Temporary Pension & Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2013
everyday was unique, challenging and rewarding
Learnt that I enjoy training and presenting to a group
I managed my time very efficiently, meeting time requirements. My director was very hands on but was able to trust that I would accomplish each task, professionally and efficiently.
I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and in a short period of time made many friends.
The hardest part of the job was that there were very few procedures available. But it was a great way to learn.

The Most enjoyable part of the job was that each day was different and all of the people I dealt with - within the department or outside of the department were a pleasure. I became friends with many of the people I met through the benefit orientations.
Pros
all different ages to deal with from students to retiree's and variety of tasks
Cons
only a maternity leave - one year term
diversity work culture
Business students Tutor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 December 2012
flexible work hours; diversity work culture; good relationship and atmosphere among staff
Productive and fun workplace
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 May 2015
A place where there are many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual. we have the chance to talk with students from all around the world and help them with their English skills and teach them about Canada.
Overall pretty good for being a student
Ph.D. candidate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 May 2015
Productive and fun workplace, can be boring at times. Some times work is not so rewarding, but has a lot of freedom. Some times less resources available while expectations are high. Hard work and motivation are key to success.
Pros
Freedom
Excellent Educational Institute
Lecturer & Instructor / E-Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 March 2015
Part time teaching and consulting, taught night classes, workshops, and lunch and learn series. I highly recommend UoR as an educational institute but they need to draw a line when it comes to competing with the private sector. .
Productive and fun place
Research scholar (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 December 2012
I worked on the development of understanding the unsaturated soil properties of badlands in Saskatchewan. The overall course contained some field visits, laboratory testing and a little bit of modelling using Soil vision database system. We had a very nice and helping Geotechnical group providing the opportunity to work in a team for some projects.
Great experiences
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 November 2014
This work experience provided me with the opportunity to develop my leadership and communication skills within a team environment. I particularly enjoyed being able to support students as the settle in Regina, and getting to know people from all parts of the word.

4.6