University of Regina Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 13, 2016
Data management and processing, conducted research about production decline analysis of tight and shale formation as well as geological modelling on reservoir characterization.
Nice coworkers and managers gave me high-level appraises for my performance on work ethic and integrity.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
• Knowledge of University systems • Experienced in analyzing financial data • Computer Skills
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 1, 2016
1. At present job
• Organizing and preparing documents for images
• Scanning, and verifying documents and indexes images
• Performing clerical tasks, such as indexed documents according to an established new folder
• Archiving files, emails, doing mails and assisting with special project such as Shen Kuo program
• Using Banner, Caspur reports and GroupWise knowledge and possessing skills in the use of student databases
• Assisting with admissions and Registration
• responsible for general correspondence and bulk mailing; sorts and distributes mail
• Learning lots of policies and procedures of University
• Work well with co-workers
• The hardest work is dealed with different program problem of graduate students
• The most enjoyable part of job is solved problem for different students
Nice place to learn and doing research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 26, 2016
Quite atmosphere to do research, university offered funding and resource to support you. Basically, it's a place you can focus on your job.
Interesting work place.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 6, 2016
Interesting work environment where every culture and point of view is respected and valued. I would like to work there again if given more opportunity.
Enjoyed every moment at this University
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 2, 2016
I find the professors and my coaches at the university of Regina to be very kind and supportive. I always have something to do and I never get bored. I grew as a person and I have learned a lot.
Enjoyable experience
University Instructor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 7, 2016
Loved my time working at the University and their distance education program called the Northern Teachers Education Program in Northern Saskatchewan.
Grdauated with a degree in HR
Invigilator (Accessibility Department) P/T (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
This is just a temporary on call wherein I have to be there on the campus to invigilate students with accessibility. The days are flexible between Monday to Friday.
Productive and fun workplace
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 19, 2015
A place where there are many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual. we have the chance to talk with students from all around the world and help them with their English skills and teach them about Canada.
Overall pretty good for being a student
Ph.D. candidate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 17, 2015
Productive and fun workplace, can be boring at times. Some times work is not so rewarding, but has a lot of freedom. Some times less resources available while expectations are high. Hard work and motivation are key to success.
Pros
Freedom
Enjoyed the challenge of keeping all customers coworkers happy
o Supervisor of Lab Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 28, 2014
Started work at 6:30 am picked up money and produce and stock for the day. Went to location and got ready to open for 7:30 am. Counted cash for two tills did the accounting work for them both. Open store and corespond with coworkers for the day. Had four other people working with me in the area. Had to keep the area stocked and running for a very busy Tim Hortons self serve location. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to keep over two thousand customers a day happy. Found it was a very good challenge for everyone to leave my location with a smile.
Pros
had excellent coworkers in my location
Cons
trying to work a location, that needed four people at all times, and be short staffed by another location having someone call in sick.
Excellent Educational Institute
Lecturer & Instructor / E-Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 12, 2015
Part time teaching and consulting, taught night classes, workshops, and lunch and learn series. I highly recommend UoR as an educational institute but they need to draw a line when it comes to competing with the private sector. .
A place to work with Professionals
Examination Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 3, 2012
One unique thing about working in an academic environment is that you meet great minds. My colleagues at U or R (as we call University of Regina) are very open and always willing to help. This blends in well with my personality as I enjoy helping to solve complex problems. I take pleasure in thinking over complex issues with others till it makes sense and then applying practical steps to resolve the issues identified. I also like to work with numbers, that is why I am an accountant. The most enjoyable part of my job is the deep fulfillment that comes from solving problems for others.
Pros
you learn everyday :)
Cons
sometimes working late nights during the cold winter...brrrr!
rewarding learning environment
Temporary Pension & Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 13, 2013
everyday was unique, challenging and rewarding
Learnt that I enjoy training and presenting to a group
I managed my time very efficiently, meeting time requirements. My director was very hands on but was able to trust that I would accomplish each task, professionally and efficiently.
I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and in a short period of time made many friends.
The hardest part of the job was that there were very few procedures available. But it was a great way to learn.

The Most enjoyable part of the job was that each day was different and all of the people I dealt with - within the department or outside of the department were a pleasure. I became friends with many of the people I met through the benefit orientations.
Pros
all different ages to deal with from students to retiree's and variety of tasks
Cons
only a maternity leave - one year term
diversity work culture
Business students Tutor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 5, 2012
flexible work hours; diversity work culture; good relationship and atmosphere among staff
Great experiences
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 17, 2014
This work experience provided me with the opportunity to develop my leadership and communication skills within a team environment. I particularly enjoyed being able to support students as the settle in Regina, and getting to know people from all parts of the word.
Great experience studying and working
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 29, 2014
Glad to learn from professors various aspects of the petroleum engineering knowlege
Productive and fun place
Research scholar (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 3, 2012
I worked on the development of understanding the unsaturated soil properties of badlands in Saskatchewan. The overall course contained some field visits, laboratory testing and a little bit of modelling using Soil vision database system. We had a very nice and helping Geotechnical group providing the opportunity to work in a team for some projects.
Extremely flexible work balance with a full-time student schedule.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  ReginaDecember 28, 2012
Extremely flexible work balance with a full-time student schedule.
Pros
can work the hours i want to work.
Cons
lots of work in short time span. ex must correct papers by tomorrow.
Work and Passion = High Productivity
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Justice Studies and Social Work Dept, Regina, SKJune 16, 2014
On a professional level, I am a kind of person that will always want to give my best to any task, no matter how small, or how large. At every point in time at work, I am always willing to teach and learn. This have always been my guiding philosophy at work place and even on a personal level. I respect time specification and do everything within my capacity to ensure that I deliver on a given task. Ideally, it is only fair on my side to say that I have passion for everything that do, from my studies to my responsibilities as a Teaching and Research Assistant in the University of Regina for two semesters (September, 2013 – April, 2014). In the course of my job, I have established a very good relationship with Course Instructors and students alike, owing to the passion and determination I put into the job. I have obtained a ‘Certificate in Teaching’ here in University of Regina and also a Certificate in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) training in the same university.
I have also taking up other jobs like Inventory Person and Exam Invigilator in the university here which does not necessarily require any high level of academic experience. This is to show that I can fit into any position and deliver as specified provided I am been told what to do or given a specific talk.
On a personal level, I have passion for volunteering. I am currently a volunteer with Regina Alternative Measures Program (RAMP). I am also a trained and certified Victim Advocate/Surrogate. As a Victim Surrogate with RAMP, my job involves helping victims and offenders referred to RAMP by the Provincial Court
  more... through a ‘healing process and counseling’ (restorative justice) in an extrajudicial manner. I am also a volunteer with Canadian Red Cross/Wascana Rehabilitation Centre here in Regina. Here, I assist in the Craft Centre, helping in making craft, interacting and keeping company with Canadian War Veterans. Before now, I was also a volunteer in Tromso, Norway during my first graduate program. As part of volunteering for Red Cross International, I taught high school students ‘nonviolent communication skills’, ‘Crisis Management’ and ‘Becoming a Promising Youths: the Dos and Don’ts’. These short courses took me to different schools within the Tromso community.

On a more social and organizational level, I can work independently but also enjoy working with people as a team. I have an appreciable level of leadership skills and my level of relationship with people regardless of one’s background, whether at work or on a personal level is also superb.
Pros
have eye for details
Cons
don't be lazy around me!
productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 30, 2014
It's a friendly and productive environment. People are nice to talk to and are always there for help.

4.6