University of Regina Employee Review

View all University of Regina reviews

rewarding learning environment
Temporary Pension & Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2013
everyday was unique, challenging and rewarding
Learnt that I enjoy training and presenting to a group
I managed my time very efficiently, meeting time requirements. My director was very hands on but was able to trust that I would accomplish each task, professionally and efficiently.
I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and in a short period of time made many friends.
The hardest part of the job was that there were very few procedures available. But it was a great way to learn.

The Most enjoyable part of the job was that each day was different and all of the people I dealt with - within the department or outside of the department were a pleasure. I became friends with many of the people I met through the benefit orientations.
Pros
all different ages to deal with from students to retiree's and variety of tasks
Cons
only a maternity leave - one year term

Other University of Regina Employee Reviews

Hated this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2018
If you like getting text books thrown at you then this is the place for you.

Most of the professor's were okay to work with, loved helping most of them, and the student's.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
to many bosses
Job summary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 January 2018
A typical day at work is about communication with the head administrative assistant, update the emails income and outgoing. Advise the student facilitator of her schedule for the day. Finish other office duties given, if it be filing, putting mail in mailboxes, typing out documents of all kinds, helping students with questions on the nursing course. The hardest part of my job is keeping every student calm and focused. The information is ongoing and there is a lot of reading involved in a day. The emails can be repeatative but beneficial to answer each one on a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part is being with my co workers and meeting all the staff in the U of R.
Pros
Free lunches for staff and other events
Cons
there are no cons