University of Ottawa

University of Ottawa Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Follow my retirement looking for continuing in my field.
Coordinator Facilities and Installations. (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
I,m pretty open to any job of management.
1. My review and verification all the functional of my residents.

2. I leaned many different experience of live with students on they own personal request.

3.Every meeting we exchange a lot's with my colleague follow project management, renovation, and inspection.

4. Satisfy the clients as soon is possible – more... in a delay of time.

5. Working with a young atmosphere and helping them on there need specially when they are new in this country. – less
Varied.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 9, 2014
Marking exams and occasionally assisting with the teaching depends very much on the specific professor involved.
University of Ottawa
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2014
Pros: high motivation on interesting research
Cons: the pay
Just a research oriented environment. Typical day at work involves working on the research by running simulations and experiments.
Janitorial Summary
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 13, 2014
Cleaned and sweeped the university campus
Waxed the floors
My manager was very friendly and catered to our needs as an employee
Productive and fun place to work and learn.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
As a teaching assistant for three different courses, i had a lot of exposure which built my confidence.
traffic assistant
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2014
traffic assistant
traffic police assistant
freshman guide
welcome students
A good place to learn, work, and study
teaching assistantship (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 7, 2014
1- Easy access to academic facilities

2- Flexible and Professional staff

3- Friendly environment
team work, fun workplace
Protection Services patrolman (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: salary, benifits, posibility of advancement
12 hrs shifts where you Patrol,walk,bike patrol, PR and deal with situations as they arise.
PhD program
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Depends on your supervisor. It really depends on who you work with.
Excellent teamwork, Non-Violent Communication Training
Communications and Marketing Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great feedback
Developed proactive and effective marketing and web communication strategies to promote services
Designed promotional material (e.g. posters, bookmark, brochure, crossword, visuals for the annual report and social media ads)
Improved the office’s visibility by expanding network with student clubs, associations, faculty members and event coordinators
Helped – more... develop/implement/promote online contests at corporate events
Redesigned website using Web 2.0 best practices in alignment with the University’s corporate website to improve usability, accessibility and findability (i.e. search engine optimization and metadata)

Environment: PC/Mac, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet research, Gmail, Google sites, and Photoshop – less
fun and productive place
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 22, 2013
Pros: frequent incentives
i have learnt how to be patient, listen and skillfully answer question. i strongly believe my management and leadership skills has improved greatly.
Good Job as a Student
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2013
The job is incredible flexible only requiring my presence during exams and office hours. Marking exams and assignments is the most demanding aspect of work.
lab skiils
Master project (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 16, 2013
to be discussed ;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed;to be discussed
Productive and pleasant work environment
Assistant to the Vice-Dean (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: credibility of the work place
Cons: no time to take my breaks
I enjoy working for the University of Ottawa. I had some busy days and some more quiet. I learned different computer skills and most of all organizational skills and setting the priorities of the priorities when everything is urgent. My co-workers are very nice people to deal with.
interesting place to work
Summer Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 22, 2013
meet students, work night shift, distributing the mail to students, transfer calls to students.
Flexible and educational!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: specializing
As a recent graduate from the University of Ottawa, I very much enjoyed my Master's program as well as the professors and staff I interacted with throughout my studies. I find the University to be a progressive and welcoming environment. I also greatly benefited from my research assistantships, which were available to me as a graduate student. I worked – more... closely with my supervisor and improved my skills in research and information analysis. I would highly recommend the University to prospective students wishing to complete a program in the Social Sciences, particularly Political Science. – less
Teching and research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Professional Engineer course teaching
M.Sc thesis under NSERC grand by INRS
Fun and bilingual environment
Senior service attendant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 30, 2013
Cons: parking is expensive
They typically schedule around your school and events very efficiently. Everyone is very close knit, almost like a family. Management is really good and comprehensive. If you don't like your management or would like to discuss a problem, you have a lot of options open and it's easy to go talk to someone higher up.
Oppotunity and challenge
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: professional
Cons: small work space
worked with a local company and University of Ottawa; to keep work efficiency I do exercise everyday in university; effectively collaborate with the industrial partner; the hardest part of the job is the challenge to develop a fast algorithm for sampling large networks in the first 6 month contract; apply coupling to exact sampling is a new and successful – more... effort. – less
A great opportunity to teach at the university level.
Part-time Professor (Former Employee), Department of English LiteratureAugust 2, 2013
*After returning from Korea, I was offered the chance to teach English courses at the University of Ottawa despite only have a MA. It made me attuned to the differences between the university classrooms in Korea and Canada, improving my cultural competence. Without a PhD, however, this job could only be temporary.

1 2 3