University of Ottawa

University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great university
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 24, 2014
Teaching my knowledge to students on a daily basis.
Helping with problem solving.
Research and Analysis
Healthcare Management Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: group perspective
Cons: insecurity of payday
The team worked together to create data collection methods.
Writing reports from data and working together to analyse
Decent place to work but there are better options out there.
Occupational Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, ok salaries, good job security if permanent employee.
Cons: management, neglected support staff
Overall, it's a good place to work. The people are mostly friendly and the large size of the campus helps you make a lot of connections. However, management is a mess and there is little to no room for advancement. Work there if you're ready to retire.
fun workplace
Information Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
days were pretty busy, co-workers were nice. learn a lot about customer service. The job was quite easy, no stress... the most enjoyable part of the job was to make student happy
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2014
The research at University of Ottawa was productive and helped me in my academic knowledge teamwork skills.
Good learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 5, 2014
This was a good opportunity to learn and to have access to specialty research equipment. Although I found that after two years it wasn't challenging enough and the general laziness at the University becomes frustrating.
Wonderful and friendly environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 4, 2014
University of Ottawa is a great place to study, work and gain experience. I had the chance to work with wonderful colleagues and great supervisors. The university exposed me to a lot of technologies that helped me achieve my full potential in education. The university's management was reasonable in general but could have been improved by providing more – more... training to the new staff. The hardest part of my job was to be consistently aware of all the new technologies and research in my domain. I have really enjoyed working with many exceptional colleagues who were very knowledgeable. – less
Learned a lot things
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 4, 2014
As a research assistance, I help my supervisor collect data, prepare questionnaires, and language translating from Mandarin to English as well.
Challeging workplace with high payment
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 4, 2014
It is good to work inside university because it pays well. Usually university prefer students works hard and possess sufficient amount professional knowledge.
Research, development, and collaborate in solutions based on information technology.
Guest Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 12, 2014
Looking for volunteer job, temporary or part-time in computer science.
Ability to research, development, and collaborate in the creation and implementation of innovative solutions based on information technology.
Skill in Java/Database/Android.
Portuguese language native
English language skill.
Working at the University of Ottawa
Research Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere . easy access by public transit
Cons: management is very chaotic
It was a mix experience. I had the chance to do world class scientific research almost independently. But the management in University is not up to the mark. Due to ignorance of HR personnel:

1. I lived in Canada for a few months without a health insurance!
2. I was denied work permit renewal by CIC
3. I had complications each time my contract was – more... renewed
4. My email account was often disabled due to lack of communication among the university management services

Excellent Machine Shop and electronics Shop

Job Security: poor
Career Advancement: poor

Quality of Scientific Research: Mediocre except a handful. I don't know how they manage the funding! – less
productive workplace and flexible working time
postdoctoral fellow (Current Employee), Ottawa,Ontario,CanadaMay 1, 2014
working at university of Ottawa is enjoyable and you will not meet too much pressure from your supervisor. There are a lot of nice co-workers coming from different countries.
Learning workplace environment, learned new technologies
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: less stressful
Cons: short contract
My position as a Research Assistant provided me opportunity to work directly with a professor on a Image processing project. I learned to program on OpenCV image processing library, QT framework and Android API and platform.

The job require extensive and quick learning of technologies and concepts and I enjoyed learning about augmented reality and – more... its applications. – less
Productive and fun workplace on the basketball court
Basketball Official (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: gym access, shoot-around time
The rules required we conduct ourselves in a professional manner although we are in a playful setting. I learned how to be completely objective when calling fouls & violations as well as how to let the game flow for the enjoyment of all players. Management was stellar as they trained and provided us with constant feedback. My co-workers were the best – more... I could have asked for, generally people studying at uOttawa made building a rapport extremely fun. The hardest part of the job is the constant multitasking. You are required to keep track of time, player fouls all while managing the flow and tempo of the game being played. The most enjoyable part is that I get to be on the basketball court, my home away from home. – less
Follow my retirement looking for continuing in my field.
Coordinator Facilities and Installations. (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
I,m pretty open to any job of management.
1. My review and verification all the functional of my residents.

2. I leaned many different experience of live with students on they own personal request.

3.Every meeting we exchange a lot's with my colleague follow project management, renovation, and inspection.

4. Satisfy the clients as soon is possible – more... in a delay of time.

5. Working with a young atmosphere and helping them on there need specially when they are new in this country. – less
Varied.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 9, 2014
Marking exams and occasionally assisting with the teaching depends very much on the specific professor involved.
Good
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2014
Good to work. People are very cordial and helpful. Due to family issues I came back to India.
University of Ottawa
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2014
Pros: high motivation on interesting research
Cons: the pay
Just a research oriented environment. Typical day at work involves working on the research by running simulations and experiments.
Janitorial Summary
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 13, 2014
Cleaned and sweeped the university campus
Waxed the floors
My manager was very friendly and catered to our needs as an employee
Productive and fun place to work and learn.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
As a teaching assistant for three different courses, i had a lot of exposure which built my confidence.

1 2 3 4

About University of Ottawa

The University of Ottawa (uOttawa or U of O or Ottawa U) (French: Université d'Ottawa) is a bilingual public research university – Read more

University of Ottawa Photos