University of Ottawa

University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Summer Student (2 casual terms)
Summer student - Mail distribution, receptionist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: enjoyed meeting students
Cons: night shift
Work in the residence as a secretary, distributed the mails, meet and greet people visiting, answering telephone in bilingual manner, took messages for students.
Continuously evolving work environment with continuous learning
Volunteer Research Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
In working as a research volunteer I perform a wide variety of tasks from paper work, to paperwork sorting, to transcript recording and coding, to interaction with and testing with families, both parents and children.

In having so many parts to the job, it is fun to do so many different things and see how they all work together to get us to the final product.
Great team environment and caring bosses
Head Ambassador (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I wouldn't be able to imagine my university career without working on the Student Ambassador team for the University of Ottawa. It is a job where not only did I genuinely enjoy the work I was doing, but I felt I was making a difference and helping prospective students to make difficult decisions about their own future. The work environment set the tone and my co-workers were always there to support me if I needed it.
SecCharge Project has been a kick start for my career
Software Developer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 11, 2015
The best part about my project SecCharge in University of Ottawa is that i got an open platform to work as a business analyst,developer,tester,team lead and a manager at the same time.It was a wonderful opportunity to be a part of this project.
fun place to work
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2015
The work was good. I was doing research toward my master's degree . The people there were fun to work with and very helpful.
NIIT Technologies is a complete dissatisfaction
Software Developer (Intern) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Team building excercises
Cons: long unpaid hours
Exploits recent graduates
Pays almost negligible salary
Expects a lot from each employee to stay back for long hours and working weekends which are unpaid.
j
3rd Cook/Allergy Cook (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: cheap staff lunches, latest kitchen equipment
i worked there, am still working there and its cool, not too much to say really. except that its big and cool and they go through a lot of food
Laboratory teaching assistant
Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 20, 2015
its always good to be part of a laboratory teaching assistant program while studying, it helps you learn the basic laboratory techniques needed to succeed for the future
amazing office job
Lab monitor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 14, 2015
very respectful environment where i get to work with University of Ottawa professors to use computer programs such as Sanako and RelanPro.
Creative environment pushing my limits
Communication, marketing assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 14, 2015
I was able to grow as a communication assistant during my work at the University of Ottawa. Management gave me a lot of liberty, and I was able to manage most of the day to day communications: social media, website, emails, as well as phone calls. I learned great organisation skills as well as deadline management. My creativity was very useful, and I was given a lot of liberty on social media content, even developing memes for a code fo conduct.
University of Ottawa
Student Academic Success Service (SASS) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Student centric, always evoling
Cons: Students demands cannot always be met
The University of Ottawa is an excellent employer and offers many opportunities in a academic or administrative environment. With over 45,000 students, the Support Staff at the University of Ottawa have many dynamic projects and initiatives that are always changing and evolving.
productive and positive environment
** (Former Employee), **August 31, 2015
Working at PC MasterCard allowed me to gain a lot of customer experience due to the variety of customer calling with different problems, the environment was very pleasant and secure.
Working with irate customers allowed me to work on my patience and on my competence of finding a solution to the customers problems.
Volunteer
Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
It was a good job in general, minimal tasks were required. Then again, it was for my community engagement and not a paid opportunity.
Developed the FEM of the Photovoltaic (PV) solar system based on more than 50 different cases of studies
Research Assistant (structural engineer) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 20, 2015
Used commercial software SAP to simulate applied load and extreme weather conditions computed and measured based on site data record to the model of multi-layer solar panel and support structure exposed to the wind stream . Finally,compared and calibrated data gained from FEM PV solar panel model in stress values measured by sensors installed on the full-scale PV panel at the site, for a specific period
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Room 4022, 800 KingEdward, Ottawa, ONJuly 7, 2015
Working for a university that has a good reputation, especially, in job security, and it finds one's abilities and gives one a feeling of accomplishment. Also, having an immediate supervisor who is competent, considerate, and fair.
Nice professors and flexible working hours
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
My job is to marked students’ assignment and proctor examinations.
I gained good organizational and time-management skills. I performed high senses of responsibility and reliability.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), OttawaMay 29, 2015
I learned so much from my time at the University of Ottawa. It is an excellent place to work, with great and supportive people.
Its Really nice.
IT Support Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: Friendliness
Cons: Pay
Well the people are very friendly, warm and cozy, but must always be expected to work a get your job done. The one problem I have with the job was that the pay was not at all great, it was just above minimum wage and was barley enough to keep afloat with life expenses.
Professional Environment
Part-Time Professor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2015
An excellent place to work. Benefits that are provided are fair. Teaching is well compensated and resources are always provided and accessible.
Flexible workplace and nice supervisors with hardworking colleague.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2015
I got a lot of ideas from my supervisor. I have a bunch of colleague as well as my friends who help me a lot finish my tough work. During the group meeting, all the members would do brain storm so that each member could have some state-of-art ideas in mind. The work place is big and the working time is flexible.