University of Ottawa Heart Institute

University of Ottawa Heart Institute Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is a positive place to work.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2012
It is a positive place to work. I have been involved in research positions for the past few years. The pharmaceutical studies have slowed down. I am looking for a more independent work environment.
It is an exciting place to do volunteering. You have the opportunity of meeting people and providing help and support to those who are in need.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2012
Pros: you get to meet a lot of people of various backgrounds.
Cons: hours can be irregular.
No two days are alike. One can never tell who you will meet that is in need of your help. People from various background and all walks of life pass through this institution. I have learned to be even more appreciative of another person's stance/status in life. Providing guidance, information or simple handing out a flier to individuals and then to see – more... the sigh of relief on their faces, is enough to know that I was able to help someone. This experience makes you feel proud of your accomplishment.

Working with my fellow colleagues and also the management is priceless and very rewarding. You get the chance to be apart of a team whose ultimate goal is to provide the help to those in need.

The hardest part of the task is when someone who is having a bad day wants to have you as their companion. It is in these trying times that one has to exercise patience, tolerance and a smile and bear it attitude whilst still providing excellent customer service. – less
Great Cardiac facility in Canada
Registered Nurse, Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 18, 2012
Wonderful team of nurses/physicians. Interesting cardiac patients from all over Canada. I had to leave for relocation reasons, otherwise would've loved to work there for a long long time