University of Ottawa Heart Institute Employee Reviews

Great place to work but not enough support
Heart Transplant Program Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2016
The UOHI is a great place to work. They really care about the patients but there is not enough support in certain programs making it difficult to do ones hob.
great place to work
Biomedical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2015
I did my 5 weeks internship from durham college and learn a lot about medical devices such as ultrasound, defribillators, pacemakers, dialysis, pumps, beds, stretches, ecgs and it was a good experience.
University of Ottawa Heart Institute- World's best Hospital
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2015
UOHI is one of the best hospital in the world. I work with a pioneer cardiac surgeon, who is a clinician and basic researcher as well. I have learned a lot from him and other researchers, nurses and technical staff.
Productive, positive, and fast paced environment.
Medical Office Assistant - Field Placement (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2015
The staff at the UOHI go above and beyond. They are more than willing to help if you get lost or need help. The atmosphere is positive and comfortable while maintaining extreme professionalism.
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2014
A typical day at work includes doing general lab duties. Learned a lot about what it takes to work in a Molecular Genetics laboratory. The staff and personnel are very knowledgeable.
Most rewarding position and interesting
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2014
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is a caring and employee friendly employer. Everyone is working towards the same goal as a team to provide excellent care and compassion. This was my most pleasant and rewarding work experience. The days were extremely busy but always rewarding.
Pros
Seeing the results of cardiac surgery patients with positive outcomes
Cons
It is a positive place to work.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2012
It is a positive place to work. I have been involved in research positions for the past few years. The pharmaceutical studies have slowed down. I am looking for a more independent work environment.
It is an exciting place to do volunteering. You have the opportunity of meeting people and providing help and support to those who are in need.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2012
No two days are alike. One can never tell who you will meet that is in need of your help. People from various background and all walks of life pass through this institution. I have learned to be even more appreciative of another person's stance/status in life. Providing guidance, information or simple handing out a flier to individuals and then to see the sigh of relief on their faces, is enough to know that I was able to help someone. This experience makes you feel proud of your accomplishment.

Working with my fellow colleagues and also the management is priceless and very rewarding. You get the chance to be apart of a team whose ultimate goal is to provide the help to those in need.

The hardest part of the task is when someone who is having a bad day wants to have you as their companion. It is in these trying times that one has to exercise patience, tolerance and a smile and bear it attitude whilst still providing excellent customer service.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of people of various backgrounds.
Cons
hours can be irregular.
Great Cardiac facility in Canada
Registered Nurse, Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2012
Wonderful team of nurses/physicians. Interesting cardiac patients from all over Canada. I had to leave for relocation reasons, otherwise would've loved to work there for a long long time