University of Ontario Institute of Technology

University of Ontario Institute of Technology Employee Review

View all University of Ontario Institute of Technology reviews

This research job is a tremendous experience and it will pave the way for my future endeavors in the automotive industry
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 May 2013
I have learned a lot about the safety requirements of an automobile as well as the amount of danger drivers and passengers are faced with when travelling. Safety in cars has improved a lot over the last decade, but there is still a lot of room for improvement to ensure the safety of our families and loved ones when travelling in a vehicle.
My co-workers have been excellent, very informative and are always willing to help when I require their assistance. The opportunity to interact with such intelligent people and learn from them is something I hope to pass on.
Pros
A lot of high tech equipment available, especially the truck simulator.
Cons
Simulations in LS-DYNA take days to complete because of the complexity of our project

Other University of Ontario Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Great starter job
International Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 October 2017
It's a great place to work to start and gain experience. You become frustrated after a while and look for somewhere with more opportunities to grow. Other institutions provide better benefits with respect to education packages for children and staff/faculty.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
limited room for advancement
teaching assistant
teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 October 2017
Teaching and conducting tutorial classes, on on one doubt clearing, reviewing the week's lectures with students, making presentations for teaching purposes, marking and uploading quiz marks, midterms, assignment marks and finals.