UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (UOIT) Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Both fun and serious
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 8, 2015
Working on reserch documents. Having small chat with supervisor and co-workers. It was fun to work in a laboratory setting environment because I learned to use different laboratory equipments.
competitive job culture
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 8, 2014
Team member of “CuCl cycle-Hydrogen production” group and a strong analytical aptitude, problem solving, team working, think logically by working on generating coatings and analyzing corrosion of CuCl cycle materials, developing hydrogen production, analyzing energy systems, auditing HSE procedures, Risk assessment and checking process engineering by software simulation (HYSYS, ASPEN). Creativity in changing the pot to the heating mantel for high temperature tests (500℃) with all controllers.
Graduate Research Assistant (CuCl cycle project)
Communication, troubleshooting and leading groups as Teaching Assistant (Chemistry, advanced material engineering, corrosion and coating, engineering design.)
Productive workplace with plenty of room
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR ACCREDITATION (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 13, 2012
Typical day
- arrive at work
- check email
- attend meetings, if any
- work on projects

Learned some PHP, and Drupal for some of the projects, as well as time management
Friendly teacher
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 2, 2014
I basically help first year engineering student in learning of a Computer-Aided Design software. I tutor 1 student at a time. I do my best to teach them everything that I know about the software. I maintain a friendly relation with my students.
Solid and innovative company
Clinical Biochemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 27, 2013
As a TA I got to work closely with a professor at this institute and found it to be a very positive experience. It seems that the faculty are treated well and are respected.
Pros
flexible
Cons
temporary

4.3