UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (UOIT) Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent university to work for
Researcher, Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 April 2017
During my time at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, I was treated fairly and as an equal. Working here as a researcher would be an excellent opportunity for anyone.
Productive, supportive place of employment
Research Assistant/Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 June 2016
Working for UOIT was a great experience all around. Staff and management are friendly and willing to help. The atmosphere was always positive.
Both fun and serious
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 May 2015
Working on reserch documents. Having small chat with supervisor and co-workers. It was fun to work in a laboratory setting environment because I learned to use different laboratory equipments.
Friendly teacher
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 November 2014
I basically help first year engineering student in learning of a Computer-Aided Design software. I tutor 1 student at a time. I do my best to teach them everything that I know about the software. I maintain a friendly relation with my students.
competitive job culture
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 August 2014
Team member of “CuCl cycle-Hydrogen production” group and a strong analytical aptitude, problem solving, team working, think logically by working on generating coatings and analyzing corrosion of CuCl cycle materials, developing hydrogen production, analyzing energy systems, auditing HSE procedures, Risk assessment and checking process engineering by software simulation (HYSYS, ASPEN). Creativity in changing the pot to the heating mantel for high temperature tests (500℃) with all controllers.
Graduate Research Assistant (CuCl cycle project)
Communication, troubleshooting and leading groups as Teaching Assistant (Chemistry, advanced material engineering, corrosion and coating, engineering design.)
Solid and innovative company
Clinical Biochemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 November 2013
As a TA I got to work closely with a professor at this institute and found it to be a very positive experience. It seems that the faculty are treated well and are respected.
Pros
flexible
Cons
temporary
Productive workplace with plenty of room
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR ACCREDITATION (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 August 2012
Typical day
- arrive at work
- check email
- attend meetings, if any
- work on projects

Learned some PHP, and Drupal for some of the projects, as well as time management