University of New Brunswick

University of New Brunswick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place ti study
Teaching assistant (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 29, 2015
We have a good research team and the atmosphere is very friendly. The teachers are fully invested in organizing the courses
Day on the job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, independence
Cons: limited collaboration
A typical day in the life of this PhD Candidate involves starting the day off with a large cup of coffee and a few articles pertaining to my research. The day usually continues with some data analysis with various softwares, followed by a few laps around campus reflecting on the data and approaches. Unfortunately there is not much collaboration, which I would prefer. I find bouncing ideas around and – more... collaborations can progress some interesting thoughts, especially since my research uses social network analysis yet I feel a bit insulated from a research community.

The most enjoyable moments are those "ah ha" moments that come with moments of clarity and connection between the various fields I utilizing in my research approach.

The hardest part of my day is when I'd really enjoy a second opinion or good conversation on the topics at hand, but there are not many at that can relate to my field of research or the chosen methods for the research. However, there have been some online tutorials and workshops that have been very beneficial for the software I am utilizing.

The "co-workers" I have, other graduate students, are all brilliant, motivated, talented people. I wish we had similar research at times, but it's always fascinating learning about the various topics. – less
Supportive and motivating
Sessional Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Teaching in the Bachelor of Nursing Program at Humber ITAL/UNB has been a tremendously positive journey, gaining and imparting knowledge and skills with peers, students, and colleagues.
Great Employer
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 7, 2015
Flexible hours, good benefits, friendly environment, nice campus life.
Enjoy working with people here. Ideal place to work.
best campus
Teaching Assistant/Math Tutor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 24, 2015
small campus, people know each other include teachers, people establish strong relationships. balanced life and work. and a lot of activities.
An effective education facility
Nursing Student (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 19, 2015
I have enjoyed the time I have spent at UNB. I am thankful for the fond memories and abundant knowledge it has provided me.
Challenging, rewarding
University student (Current Employee), Fredericton,NbJanuary 5, 2015
It's challenging yet rewarding during the studying period.
Research assistant: job review
Research assistant (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBDecember 14, 2014
• Environmental Trust Fund project: “Modelling economic consequences of the climate change impacts on ground transportation in Atlantic Canada”.

• Responsibilities: literature review, specification of statistical model, data gathering, model estimation, empirical testing, preparation and presentation of interim reports.

Outcomes:
• ICTTE-2015 article: "Economic consequences of climate change impacts on transportation: The case of Atlantic Canada". Co-author.

• MA report: "Estimating evolutionary dynamics of climate variables: The case of mean monthly temperature in Atlantic Canada". Defended.
Capable to work anywhere
Backyard Book Club Tutor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 12, 2014
Job could be completed anywhere with a computer during the allotted time
N/A
BUSINESS ANALYST INTERN (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 25, 2014
•Reviewed the financial aspects of service development, such as budgets, expenditures andresearch and development appropriations.
•Initiated market research studies and analyzed findings.
•Liaise with faculty members to get them involved in the business
•Analyzed business developments and monitored market trends.
•Analyzed third-party data and investigated new growth opportunities.
•Created effective marketing strategies, raising awareness of the business
Help School to introduce the university to international advisors.
UNB's International Recruitment Center volunteer (Former Employee), Fredericton NBAugust 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good place to work. I helped International Recruitment Center introduce UNB to guests and help to host by coming by to say hello or volunteering for a small task.
fun workplace
Economics Tutor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 21, 2014
I tutored 1st and 2nd year students in Micro and Macro Economics.
Productive and fun
Java Web Developer, Co-op (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 25, 2014
Enjoyed working with a group of smart people who are good at our work respectively, it's a good place for work and self-improvement.
University well recognized for Engineering program
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 24, 2014
I started the PhD program in the Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering at University of New Brunswick in 2008. It is a quite place for study. Even the number of professors in this department is limited, but every one is very well recognized in their field. With a high student/professor ratio, students get more chances to discuss their research with the supervisor. It was informative and interesting to join the group meeting every Friday afternoon, giving a brief summary of the work done over the week, looking for advices and comments from other group members, and learn from others as well. Talking about the hard part, I would said that is try to survive in the winter:)
chalenging and productive experience
Team lead (Current Employee), FrederictonApril 23, 2014
the job is very challenging since we are developing a new technology.
the work place atmosphere is very pleasant and enjoyable and my co workers are friendly and cooperative.
Fast paced environment
Student Associate - Financial Services (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 22, 2014
the work is very easy, but repetitive and boring, the manager is easy going and helpful.
private tutor
private tutor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 18, 2014
Assessed individual problem subject areas
Actively engaged in teaching subject skills
Improved test performance and retained client relationship
research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 6, 2014
learned about micro-controllers and solidified my skills in programming.
good work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 25, 2013
reseach work under the direction of professor in lab
nice work environment
Nice place to work
Student Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Student Technology ConsultantNovember 14, 2013
Pros: work culture, awesome manager, learning opportunity, flexible schedule
Cons: low wage, no perks
One of my favorite employer. Very comfortable culture and friendly colleagues. Opportunity to learn.

About University of New Brunswick

The University of New Brunswick (UNB) is a non-denominational university located in New Brunswick. It is the oldest English language – Read more

University of New Brunswick Photos