University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work!
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2012
Moved to different province. Loved the university life, a lot of room to grow in your career.
Participation in esteemed research into teaching Autistic people appreciated
Research Subject (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 23, 2012
Pros: honorarium
Cons: lots of work for little compensation and no clear career connection
Participation in the honorarium research subject position engages me in the educational side of life for those who are developmentally challenged. From a career development point of view it helps me to acknowledge that everybody is coming from their own set of abilities and limitations.
Research on available cadmium in soils received different levels of P-fertilizers
Research assistant (Current Employee), Department of Soil ScienceAugust 17, 2012
I start my work at 8:30 Am at Department of Soil Science, University of Manitoba and based on my lab works it continues even after 4:30 Pm. My work environment is very friendly. My work is a very good experience for me because I do think I am working on a project directly dealing with environmental and agricultural problems. In the Department every – more... thing is based on a very well organized schedule. My boss and coworkers are so helpful in need. The hardest part of my job is to work with very dangerous materials such as strong acids and poisonous chemicals that need to be handled very carefully. However, working with knowledgeable professors and other staff make me happy and energetic during my work hours. – less
Intellectually challenging working environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 6, 2012
Pros: environment where you can learn more
Cons: lack of facilities to aid in turning drawing board ideas into reality
Typical day starts by listing what needs to be done. It can range from laboratory experiments, data analysis to report writing/editing. Priorities are given to the tasks of the day though.
nice to work
technician (Former Employee), winnipeg manitobaAugust 2, 2012
Pros: good place to look for an experience
Cons: non
good place to work , and i could say best place to learned ..
the best training for my career ,
but this is just a placement job , if the department has no budget no work , no money , this is just a good place to look a working experience , ,
Sometimes stressful but overall enjoyable Workplace
Academic Grader/ Marker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2012
Pros: enivironment
Cons: high volumes of work with very tight deadlines
The University of Manitoba provided a good work environment that fostered relationships with both Co-Workers as well as with Students. A typical day at work involved grading different test, and assignments as given by the instructor. Providing comments and entering grades in the appropriate grading system. Consulting with instructors from time to time – more... to discuss course grades.

The most difficult part of the job was the sometimes high volumes of work with very tight deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was providing feedback to Students to aid them in achieving success. – less
A great diversified place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2012
As a teaching assistant I prepared labs for students and answered any of there questions.
Lots of fun and dedication, plants are like babies
Student assistant (Current Employee), WinnipegFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: can only work between 8:20-4:30
Working for the university has many benefits. These include flexible hours and a boss who understands the hectic life of a student. I am responsible for bringing plants wheat from embryo stage to full maturity and then harvesting the seeds to be used by the plant genetic researchers. It is quite rewarding.
Huge potential for learning and personal growth
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Telerobotics and Fluid Power labJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: negative reinforcement management style
Very little oversight on any project, self-motivated, and self-guided work is the primary methods employed.

I learned Matlab coding, C++ coding, robotics, embedded systems, Arduino based development, interfacing between hardware and software.

The hardest part of working at the university is self motivation, very little guidance or encouragement is – more... given, so to complete a project you must push yourself. – less

About University of Manitoba

The University of Manitoba, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, is the largest university in the province of Manitoba. It is Manitoba's – Read more