University of Manitoba Employee Review

View all University of Manitoba reviews

Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2014
University of Manitoba, offers good salary and benefits. All employees (full time or under contract for 1yr or more) are entitled to 3weeks vacation. They encouraged employees to study for upgrade that will help employees develop their skills.

Other University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

It's a post secondary institution
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
It's a post secondary institution. There isn't a ton to say. They have good hours and it's a decent place to work. But it's hard to count on having a job at the end of the day and they really really really like sticking people on terms. I spent almost my entire time there on multiple terms.
I love working in UofM
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
I held different positions in UofM. As better opportunities come, you are more than welcome to change positions or secondments.

Holiday, days off are AWESOME, no where else can give you 2 weeks off in Christmas and you GET PAID !! on top of your min 3 weeks vacation to start with ;) i know !

Benefits are wonderful, so far, better than public sector as my experience.

love all the family/personal days off, especially for sick family or kids. and all other entitlement are all listed in their site.

mat/pat leave is great with 45% top up from 55% EI for like 7 months.

one thing is, seniority doesn't really matter to them, they don't necessary fav the internal.. external applicants are welcome in lots of units and departments.

just be ready for a steady to busy environment, don't think you will get a job that is so free yet very best pay. reasonable pay with reasonable-to-high work load. which is already so hard to find

good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2