University of Manitoba Employee Review

View all University of Manitoba reviews

University of Manitoba is a very good university
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2013
I work in the lab from 8 am to 5pm everyday. I learned how to think in scientific way and how to design experiment. Besides the scientific skills I learned, I also learned how to present my works in front of other researches and how to communicate with my supervisor and co-workers. My supervisor and co-workers are all very helpful. They not only teach me some technologies, but also give me some good advise of my project. The hardest part of the job is experiments not always go well, and sometimes I just cannot get the results I expected. However, I like those challenges and enjoy the efforts i put for reach my objective everyday.

Other University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
RESIDENT ADVISOR, STUDENT RESIDENCE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2018
- leadership experience
- you will learn a lot
- provides emotional support
- requires a lot of work-life balance, time-management
- gives you friends for life
Pros
flexible hours, leadership experience, bonding
Cons
stressful
It's a rabbit hole for post-doctoral fellows and graduate students
POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2018
Working at University of Manitoba as a post-doctoral fellow is like entering a sand dune. You just get sucked in without any hope of getting a permanent full-time position anywhere. The University has no program in place that can facilitate intake of trained personnel leading to brain drain.
Pros
Staff benefits are one of the best in industry. Good work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Manitoba Reviews by Location