University of Manitoba Employee Review

View all University of Manitoba reviews

University of Manitoba is a very good university
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2013
I work in the lab from 8 am to 5pm everyday. I learned how to think in scientific way and how to design experiment. Besides the scientific skills I learned, I also learned how to present my works in front of other researches and how to communicate with my supervisor and co-workers. My supervisor and co-workers are all very helpful. They not only teach me some technologies, but also give me some good advise of my project. The hardest part of the job is experiments not always go well, and sometimes I just cannot get the results I expected. However, I like those challenges and enjoy the efforts i put for reach my objective everyday.

Other University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

It's a post secondary institution
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
It's a post secondary institution. There isn't a ton to say. They have good hours and it's a decent place to work. But it's hard to count on having a job at the end of the day and they really really really like sticking people on terms. I spent almost my entire time there on multiple terms.
I love working in UofM
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
I held different positions in UofM. As better opportunities come, you are more than welcome to change positions or secondments.

Holiday, days off are AWESOME, no where else can give you 2 weeks off in Christmas and you GET PAID !! on top of your min 3 weeks vacation to start with ;) i know !

Benefits are wonderful, so far, better than public sector as my experience.

love all the family/personal days off, especially for sick family or kids. and all other entitlement are all listed in their site.

mat/pat leave is great with 45% top up from 55% EI for like 7 months.

one thing is, seniority doesn't really matter to them, they don't necessary fav the internal.. external applicants are welcome in lots of units and departments.

just be ready for a steady to busy environment, don't think you will get a job that is so free yet very best pay. reasonable pay with reasonable-to-high work load. which is already so hard to find

good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2