University of Manitoba Employee Review

View all University of Manitoba reviews

A Job I Will Never Forget
Paid Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2014
As a paid research assistant and full time honours student, I would work in the lab (as a research assistant) after class and on weekends. Although it was hectic, the graduate students I worked under were very knowledgeable and I learned a great deal.

I really enjoyed collaborating with other students on projects, but also enjoyed the responsibility and independence. Once tasks were delegated, I was free to do my own work and ask questions when necessary. The other undergraduate students (co-workers) were wonderful passionate people with a drive to succeed. I really never had any issues with anyone that I worked with in the lab.

I would say the most difficult part of the job was sometimes too much independence. Without any training I would be tossed into a situation and be expected to figure it out (which can be stressful). However, from such experiences, I learned how resourceful I can be and became a more competent and capable individual because of it.

Overall, I would say the most enjoyable part of the job ended up being the required growth and responsibility that was given to me. I learned a lot about adapting, problem solving and thinking critically which I consider very valuable lessons. Other than that, it was the people; when you work in an environment in which people respect you and trust you to get things done, you are motivated to do the best you can.

Other University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
Emailing, calling and working with students on a daily basis. You will be able to learn the basics of an office environment, while enjoying the workplace culture!
It's a post secondary institution
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
It's a post secondary institution. There isn't a ton to say. They have good hours and it's a decent place to work. But it's hard to count on having a job at the end of the day and they really really really like sticking people on terms. I spent almost my entire time there on multiple terms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2