University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 12, 2014
University of Manitoba, offers good salary and benefits. All employees (full time or under contract for 1yr or more) are entitled to 3weeks vacation. They encouraged employees to study for upgrade that will help employees develop their skills.
Complex Place
Architectural Technologist and Designer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no structure
Working mostly on renovations (Laboratories, Classrooms, Reception Desks, Offices)
• Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary
• Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software
• Prepare cost estimates, – more... contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects
• Preparing interior design schedules and furniture layouts
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models – less
u of m
Assistant Store Trainer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 12, 2014
good place to work. rrsps. many different job titles to go for. no room for advancement
stressful but managable
Family Medicine Residency Program (Current Employee), Winnipeg MBMay 9, 2014
Round on patients in the morning then see Out patient Clinic
Part-time job in the university.
Lab Operator Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: routine tasks. no growth opportunities.
I had the opportunity to work as a lab assistant in the University of Manitoba in the education department. The position contained routine activities such as cleaning of equipment and handling inventory. In this specific position no advancement or learning opportunities were available.
no rush, part time job
Technician (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2014
work day: depends
what I learn:Drafting CAD drawing
management: none
co-workers:none
hardest part of the job: none.
the most enjoyable part of the job: finished the drawing
A very good company to learn advanced measurement technologies in fluid dynamics
Doctoral Student, Graduate TA and RA (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 15, 2014
Had good opportunity to do lot of measurements and learn about experimental fluid dynamics
Stable workplace with good benefits
Information Technologist 3 (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great people, important work
Cons: very bureaucratic
Overall working at the University of Manitoba is a good experience. The staff are generally friendly and the students are eager to learn. The employees have good benefits and the vacation allowance for the year is generous.

The university's bureaucracy is a bit stifling. Paperwork is often done on paper, but there has been a push to move to computers – more... over the last few years in items that affect payroll and HR.

Salaries for many positions are good, but are low in the IT field. – less
Meaningful, great experience
Lecturer, U of M, Faculty of Nursing (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 5, 2013
I am not comfortable posting public summaries and would prefer and phone conversation to discuss. overall, I had a great experience with this company.
friendly working environment
Lecturer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 1, 2013
Pros: participated and presented papers in forums
Cons: distraction during working hours
teaching, enjoy collaborative work in students' projects.
Researching in Educational Gaming Design and ICT integration in Education.
the hardest part of my job is when i am late with some tasks.
I enjoy completing any software development assignment.
Acting
Acting (Former Employee), winnipegOctober 1, 2013
-Go to work
-Acting Exercises
-Practice play
-most enjoyable part: fun environment
University of Manitoba is a very good university
PhD student (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2013
I work in the lab from 8 am to 5pm everyday. I learned how to think in scientific way and how to design experiment. Besides the scientific skills I learned, I also learned how to present my works in front of other researches and how to communicate with my supervisor and co-workers. My supervisor and co-workers are all very helpful. They not only teach – more... me some technologies, but also give me some good advise of my project. The hardest part of the job is experiments not always go well, and sometimes I just cannot get the results I expected. However, I like those challenges and enjoy the efforts i put for reach my objective everyday. – less
Rewarding and engaging experience which strengthened my own skills
Grader/ Marker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2013
Reviewing and correcting students work in the same specialty area of university was very engaging. As a student further along in the program I was a type of mentor for the younger years.

June 28, 2013

This employer has applied for a provisional ticket for a third to stop over-time for 2nd class power engineers rather than offering a competitive wage for a second class power engineer.

I found said school distant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: work on one's own
Cons: too cold
I never adjusted to life in the west, and it shows. I just found the people difficult to know or understand. I never felt I fit in.
Payroll Department
Payroll Receptionist, Office Assistant 2 (Former Employee), Winnipeg MB CanadaJanuary 23, 2013
Extremely fast paced environment.
Very Professional.
Learned data entry, filing, book keeping, how to work photocopy machine and fax.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: multi cultural, international exposure
Cons: periodic long hours of work
Good co-workers and excellent work environment. Will be exposed to multi cultural scenarios, international contacts.
Lively with lots to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 6, 2012
Pros: on campus location
Cons: had to work overtime without getting paid for it
It was a wonderful experience as I worked on a topic related to aging. The supervisor was very helpful and I learnt various laboratory skills. The hardest part of the job was to perform assays using outdated devices. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the world renowned scientists and learn about their ongoing research. The management was – more... very good except the replacement of the damaged devices always took very long. – less
The University of Manitoba was a great work place for my entire career
Manager (Retired) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2012
Pros: i was fortunate to work at the university and have a long careeer n that area.
Cons: very busy environment and could be stressful meeting deadlines.
Very busy environment, and required the ability to be organized and remain in direct contact with all staff and the University community. I was fortunate to have staff who were reliable, and willing to assist in creating a positive work place. The most difficult aspect of this position was maintaining a high level of job completions, as it was very – more... busy at all times. Keeping on top of deadlines, and being productive was satisfying. – less
To me It's a good university
Robotic Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 19, 2012
education quality is good in this university
i learned robotics and different kinds of Controllers in this University.
Excellent work!
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2012
Moved to different province. Loved the university life, a lot of room to grow in your career.

About University of Manitoba

The University of Manitoba, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, is the largest university in the province of Manitoba. It is Manitoba's – Read more