University of Illinois

University of Illinois Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
It was a Volunteer position for one month. And it was fast pace and learned so much in that one month. Supervisor was very good and have place for personal improvement aswell.
Nice environment for research and good people
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILJune 22, 2015
graduate students usually work at least 8 hours per day. they are required to take classes in order to graduate. the required credit hour varies among the departments.
Career
Staff Secretary (Former Employee), UIUCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Career. Education, Culture and Diversity
Cons: Wouldn't change a thing
I have had a very rewarding career at the University of Illinois. Learned many things and made a difference during the years beginning out of high school and promoting up. Great career but I am looking for new challenges.
Flexible, past-paced, and friendly work environment in the LAR Dining Hall of UIUC
Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILJune 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules
Cons: Went from free employee meals to discounted meals
Working as a Student Coordinator/Student Dining Employee at UIUC was an overall positive experience. The ability to be promoted after a year due to turnover rates associated with graduation is a plus, along with flexible work schedules.
Positive
Instructor (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 2, 2015
I had a great experience at the university. I was able to get a quality education while honing my skills as an educator and as a public speaker. It boosted a solid salary when you account for the free education.
University of Illinois
Masters in Finance / Business Consultant (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILMay 30, 2015
Pros: Quality of practical knowledge
Cons: Expensive courses
A very good campus
Excellent Faculty
Good balance of work and recreation
Nice campus town far from the fast pace of city
Cheap living expenses
Co-operative faculty
Learning new skills everyday.
IT Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2015
Very easy-going atmosphere, we learn new skills everyday. Management is very lenient and helpful, as well as the co-workers.
work is intense here
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
As a graduate student (MS), we have to work as teaching assistant to maintain our status. meanwhile we also need to work in lab to do research work.
Good place to work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Commute; Temporary Positions (Visiting), Limited Room for Promotion
Good company to work for and the benefits plan is great. The company promotes a mission that encourages development and diversity, but there is not a lot of room for promotion. Co-workers are wonderful to work with and managers are somewhat flexible. You will work very hard here! Pay could be better. Commute is not enjoyable from southwest suburbs, especially in the winter.
Good university for research
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 22, 2015
University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign is a good university for research, but city life is not so exciting. Very calm and good for concentrating research.
fun place to be
Athletic Training Aid Internship (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 22, 2015
Very good education in one of the best universities in the nation. I learned everything from my major, career, and even living on my own. It's a great experience and I would definitely do it over again if I could.
Excellent Working Environment
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Very friendly working environment. The coworkers want to see you succeed so they help you with all of your assignments. If you're looking for overtime hours and pay, they are willing to work with you and provide it.
Accounting Associate (Chief Accountant) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
UIC is a great place to work with plenty of room for growth if you're willing to put in the work and time. There are knowledgeable people working here who are normally willing to teach you the ropes.
A very good school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newmark Civil Engineering LaboratoryApril 20, 2015
The University of Illinois is a very good school that has an excellent Civil and Environmental Engineering department. The classes are very well-structured and there many resources available to students
Stress-full Environment.
Office Assistant (OBDS) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Working in a Factory can be very stress-full and Fast. Not getting that communication from people and not being able to Explain.
Just different
Snack bar Attendant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 13, 2015
Meeting all different types of people and learning new things working in diff places and watch the football games sometimes
Encouraged huge intellectual growth and maturity
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: constant learning, exciting, allowed for easy collaboration with others
Cons: long hours, competitive
Typical day:
Check emails, respond to emails, work on manuscript, carry out experiments, manage undergraduate employees, and prep for the lab section that I teach

What I learned:
I learned how hard I can push myself in order to achieve the goals that I want.

My co-workers:
Working with mainly foreign lab mates has given me a wider knowledge in how to communicate with people.

Hardest part of the job:

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Meeting new people and constant learning
Great work environment
Grad. Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 6, 2015
As a graduate assistant, I was responsible for assisting five teaching with running their classes. I did a lot of administrative work such as, entering grade and responding to student emails.
Great learning onthe job experience
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee), Urbana, ILApril 6, 2015
Work in the cafeteria, a great place to start your work experience. A general ideal of what is it like to work in a cafeteria. Great co-workers that help you learn onm the job.
Productive and Healthy work environment
Administrative Honors Fellow (Current Employee), Champaign, ILMarch 30, 2015
The University of Illinois College of Law is a very friendly work environment which makes for all employees to perform at their highest level.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Illinois

The University of Illinois is the state's best and most comprehensive public university. The three distinct campuses in Urbana-Champaign, – Read more