University of Illinois Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
University of Illinois Review
Office Support Associate (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Not much opportunity for advancement
One of the reasons I chose to pursue other options is I don't get to work with that many people. I sit in an office, alone working on my computer. Which is good, but I still like to interact. I do enjoy all of the people I work with, I would just like to be able to be more out in the open.
N/a
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2016
University of Illinois at Chicago is a great institution to work for with great benefits in regards to healthcare and retirement.
good management
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2016
working in medical office with doctors and taking orders and typing and bookkeeping and making call and receiving calls
Good jobs for students
Super User (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: had time to do homework on slow days
Cons: sometimes it would be packed and nonstop work
Great jobs available for students.
A lot of fun people to work with.
Management was laid back about assignments.
Presentation skills improved due to explaining and training other students on the proper use of the machinery.
Dynamic workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Diverse and dynamic workplace full of challenges. It was quite the experience and I enjoyed my co-workers. I learned a lot in the short amount of time I was there.
Productive place with the opportunity to learn while teaching
Chicago - Teaching Assistant-Operations Management (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2015
As a Teaching Assistant, I learnt how to interact effectively with students. It was a wonderful experience to work here.
UofI
Maintenance/Construction Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILDecember 21, 2015
Challenging work environment. A lot of good people with a lot knowledge in power generation, maintenance and construction. Compensation could have been better.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance is good, great learning environment and benefits
Cons: Very slow paced and could get into dead spells
Great team of brilliant technical professionals, that run world class enterprise services and a CIO that pushes the tech community there to always strive to help IT drive the campus mission in Champaign-Urbana.
U of I
Assistant to Director of Purchasing (Current Employee), Campus, ILDecember 9, 2015
Good place to work, great department, Directors, Assist Vice President of Procurement Service. I enjoy working for the overall division Office of Business and Financial Service (OBFS) especially my department Purchasing.
great atmosphere with wonderful new faces
Building Service worker (Current Employee), Champaign Urbana, IllinoisDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting new students of different ethic backgrounds
Cons: work load was alot for the amount of time given
I loved working with the students and new faces but I had four floors of students to take care of which left no time to do a really great job that I would want done for my child.
Very good and recommended
Product Designer and Developer (Current Employee), Illinois Sustainable Technology CenterNovember 27, 2015
The University had a very good work environment. The supervision had a balance between hands-on and hands-off approach. There was good scope to grow and the compensation was good.

The co-workers were supportive and helpful. I learnt to work in teams and take responsibility. In addition, I learnt how to communicate with different types of people.
Couldve been 100% better
Clerk Typist II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: running errands that was not a part of my direct job, such as going with the other receptionist to JC Penney Outlet and pushing the cart
My review of UIC is not a bad one. My experience there was different. I ran all of the errands, which included but was not limited to depositing money into our account, picking up paychecks, ordering supplies, entering data entry, helping the other receptionist with coverage and other office projects. This Medical Education office assisted 25 faculty members with various daily projects such as copying, stapling, batching and sorting different lessons for their teachings.
Enjoyable Place to work
Storekeeper (Current Employee), Champaign, ILOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Work Hours
Cons: Sometimes Repetitive
Great job and place to work like I have been doing for 25 years now.
The Benefits are great and management are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Experienced Multilingual Tutor
Experienced Multilingual Tutor (Current Employee), ClassOctober 20, 2015
Pros: peaceful working environment
Cons: workload
Amazing place, great people and very interested students. Yes it has it ups and downs but is always been a great place to work.
Great Place to Work and for education
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILOctober 15, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
The UIUC has produced as total of 20+ Nobel Prize winners and hosts many National Academy Members. The courses are geared towards all the fields and some courses integrate.

The research facilities are top notch and the labs are lead by some of the best researchers in the field.
awesome
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
very great. I enjoy my work place. Im just looking for Career development. the most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Good place to work!
Office Specialist I (Current Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work for
Cons: Parking is not good. Hard to find a place to park and very expensive.
This is a temp position. I do enjoy the people I have worked with. The job also keeps my office skills sharp! In the future, I hope to hire on here full time. I have learned a lot in the position. All of my reviews have been excellent.
Well-managed and productive environment.
Photographer and graphic artist for The Journal (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers and managers.
Cons: Occasional setbacks due to co-workers' occupational failures.
My experience while working for The Journal at the University of Illinois at Springfield was a positive one overall. I was always given the opportunity to put my artistic skills to use making illustrations for articles, photographic campus events, and creating biweekly comic strips for the students' entertainment.
DATA SECURITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Urbana, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Challenging and fast paced. Enjoyed working alongside my team members and learning from them. Always had adequate and up-to-date resources to do the job.
Researched and presented Findings to a mixed audience
Internship (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Purpose: The project focused on repurposing cells for agricultural uses. Cells generally endure a certain amount of stress based on the task it is engineered to do; by measuring the metabolic burden of that cell one can also measure how much stress the cell can endure.
Experiment: Grow and culture of four differently engineered E coli cells in both nutrient rich and nutrient deprived mediums. The nutrient deprived media was made at four different glucose concentrations to improve accuracy of experiment. The E coli cells were diluted and pipetted into their cultures. Next the cultures were plated and put into a TECAN to measure and record the growth of the cells. Triplicates of each cell and media combination were made to improve data accuracy. Samples were taken at predefined intervals. The data was then plotted separately into a excel spreadsheet. Then the average data of each cell was plotted into a nutrient rich and deprived bar graph to be compared.