University of Illinois Employee Reviews

I had some good friends there with management and staff.the uofi was a good place to work
Building service worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IL16 January 2017
It was a good place to work.the overtime was good with opportunities for more.I liked my job.I was on emergency response for the last 11/2 I was there
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Little opportunities for advancement
Working at UIC
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 February 2017
During my typical day at work, I am responsible to adequately take care of my patients by addressing their individual problems when making my rounds and during the course of my shift. We are constantly faced with challenging patient's issues that needed immediate attention. With adequate communication with patients, by listening to what their needs are; and resolving the situation to the patient's satisfaction. As long as the patient is satisfied with the outcome, my day is made, and that is the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Inability to perform your job is unacceptable.
A sore spot in my life.
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Champaign,il9 January 2017
This is a good job for the pay alone. Management is not very helpful with life issues and especially and surprisingly unhelpful for those attending school while working. I was treated with little value and often reminded that we could be replaced. This employer has set a prime example for a list of things that I will be avoiding when searching for future employment.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Too many bosses, lots of confusion, lack of communication, lack of respect for employees, not able to recognize work ethic and valuable employees
Relaxed work environment.
Visiting Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL2 September 2016
The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign provides excellent benefits and a relaxed work environment. However, the opportunity for both merit-based promotions and salary increases is limited, to the point of non-existence. Promotions are few and far between, and are based almost entirely on seniority.
university
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  psychology17 October 2016
Great place and opportunity. I have learned so much since 2010. There is always room for growth and advancement.
The pay is really good and raises are great
Enhancing Public Health Research
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 October 2016
UIC's Institute of Health Research and Policy strives to understand and advance public health. Through this position, I enhanced my team building skills, practiced time management skills, and prioritized the regulations of the research codebook. I was able to work with an interdisciplinary team of peers, and manage the success of the data collection.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 February 2017
It is a very good place to work with a healthy work life balance. You also get to learn a lot working under the professor of your interest. I am working as a teaching assistant
Excellent secure employment
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL5 October 2016
My job consists of being thorough. Hardest part of my job is organization. Making sure that the most important gets done. Management is flexible as long as everything gets done. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are friendly and supportive.
great people great place
MISSING CREDENTIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 November 2016
from top down overall the management is very flexible and very embracing of you as a persona and will imporve you in any way they can so that you can not only do what need to do for them but be a better person in general
Academic
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL19 January 2017
It is a graduate degree, self-driven job. It is well worth the time spent to acquire the degree and the composition is above reasonable for a graduate stipend.
Pros
self driven
Fast-paced work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL18 December 2016
helps Improved my customer service skills, Great management, flexible hours, great work environment, Fast-paced work, full-time and part-time available.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rushes happen often
Innovative, learning and team work
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL30 September 2016
Innovative job environment with flexible work timings, team work and helping each other when required makes work fun. Team work and time management are very important skills here. Working along with graduate studies helps you to be a better time manager.
Pros
Good learning experience
wonderful
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL11 July 2016
I go out and enforce parking at the u of i. we are either the most hated or most loved department on the campus. With out us parking on campus would be a nightmare and most people don't see that. Management is good to work with. the hardest part is dealing with some people and the weather we enforce no matter what the elements are. Seeing the looks on people faces when we help them with a jump start or keys locked in there cars. When they find out it is free they are so excited.
Pros
the hours mon through friday 930 to 6 with weekends off
Cons
mean people and bad weather
excellent environment for students and tutors alike
Chicago Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 January 2017
This was my favorite job to date. I loved the environment, I loved the people, and I loved being the catalyst to someone else's success. While working with other students, my own interests and skills developed, and I'm certain they will be helpful to me later on.
Freedom to make the job mine
Steam Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Champaign, Illinois14 January 2017
My job is challenging much of the time but I desire something that is a new challenge and remains that way for the next ten years.
Pros
Use of professional and personal interactive skills
Cons
Living in Illinois
A friendly workplace
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL2 July 2016
It has a typical small college town aura: because of such a huge influx of foreign nationals in student body, in many cases, the UIUC is open to and friendly with non-American population. But its overall treatment of graduate students, in terms of teaching load and salary, reveals that the grad school is not an ideal place to commit yourself to research.
Excellent learning environment
Laboratory & Department Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 November 2016
very good learning experience, on hands experience working with researchers working in various fields innovating new technology which makes our lives easier everyday.
average place to work
Building Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL15 February 2017
No longer employed with this company....worked for several years and decided recently to go full time into the Law Enforcement field after watching the States Pension problems seem to only get worse.
productive and fun place to work.
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IL24 October 2016
When I was working I took care of my job with care and was friendly and positive. Cared about the care an perfection of my job. Did my best to do the work that was pleased by the customer and the well being of my employer. If i say so myself I did a very good job at my work.I really enjoyed working at the University of Illinois.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Research Assistant to a Professor
Primary Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 December 2016
I acted as a research assistant to a professor and honestly, each professor is so different from one another that my review would be far too personal to evaluate the quality of ALL professors at the university

4.3