University of Illinois Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Mathematics Program
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
Great graduate program, especially in pure math. Typically, most students have a TA-ship which allows them to teach courses while they are completing their coursework.
Good place to work at but no,loyalty to employees classified as exempt.
National Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Pros: Lots of good people around the work environment.
Cons: Exempt status provides no long term job security.
I should have moved on when I was younger when I learned of no job security being classified as an exempt employee in the university system..
great
Collection Specialist I (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
a great organization to work for. fantastic work ethics. provides and encourages professional development and higher education.
Challenging position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 18, 2016
A typical day consists of multi-tasking and being able to shift focus often. It offers challenge and diversity. I have been employed with the University of Illinois for 25 years. I am grateful to work at this Institution.
Excellent benefits. Lots of knowledge to gain.
Office Support Associate (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 13, 2016
There is too much craft jurisdiction/politicking going on. otherwise, good place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for everyone.
My Alma-mater
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
UIC is great environment for learning and growing together.
The team skills helped work in a smooth manner.Highly qualified staff was a plus.
It enabled me to hone my teaching skills as well
Top university in engineering
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILMarch 6, 2016
Very good engineering school. A lot of resources available. Learned a lot from discussions with renowned professors and talented students here.
wonderful opportunity to learn new technologies
Graduate Assistant (Application Developer) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
Great work experience. Learn the working of an industry and challenges. Good compensation
Co-workers are friendly and helpful
One of the top engineering colleges in the nation for excellent researches
Research Assistant, Mechanical Lead (Current Employee), Urbana, ILFebruary 23, 2016
In the Power and Energy group in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, I was surrounded by the top engineering minds in research and academic.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2016
This institution is a great place to work; I feel challenged each day. I currently teach undergraduate classes and conduct research with other graduate students and faculty.
nice people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2016
a lot of kids , vibrant atmosphere , creative ideas floating around
it has been a fun place to work
professors are knowledgeable
fellow colleagues are from everywhere of the world
which is a nice thing.
Because you can learn so much
Learned a lot
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2016
I would rate University of Illinois 4 out of 5.
University has several options for International students on campus.
University has top notch faculty and research facilities. It helped me gain experience in my field of study.
MCB Major and Empolyee
Waste Technician (Current Employee), IllinoisFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Adjustable schedule, meet lots of people in the department
The department is great and filled with a lot of people who are all really amazing. Being a student and maintaining a job is difficult, but they really accommodate you.
University of Illinois Review
Office Support Associate (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Not much opportunity for advancement
One of the reasons I chose to pursue other options is I don't get to work with that many people. I sit in an office, alone working on my computer. Which is good, but I still like to interact. I do enjoy all of the people I work with, I would just like to be able to be more out in the open.
N/a
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2016
University of Illinois at Chicago is a great institution to work for with great benefits in regards to healthcare and retirement.
good management
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 25, 2016
working in medical office with doctors and taking orders and typing and bookkeeping and making call and receiving calls
Good jobs for students
Super User (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: had time to do homework on slow days
Cons: sometimes it would be packed and nonstop work
Great jobs available for students.
A lot of fun people to work with.
Management was laid back about assignments.
Presentation skills improved due to explaining and training other students on the proper use of the machinery.
Dynamic workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Diverse and dynamic workplace full of challenges. It was quite the experience and I enjoyed my co-workers. I learned a lot in the short amount of time I was there.
Productive place with the opportunity to learn while teaching
Chicago - Teaching Assistant-Operations Management (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2015
As a Teaching Assistant, I learnt how to interact effectively with students. It was a wonderful experience to work here.
UofI
Maintenance/Construction Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILDecember 21, 2015
Challenging work environment. A lot of good people with a lot knowledge in power generation, maintenance and construction. Compensation could have been better.