University of Illinois

University of Illinois Employee Reviews

Freedom to make the job mine
Steam Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Champaign, Illinois14 January 2017
My job is challenging much of the time but I desire something that is a new challenge and remains that way for the next ten years.
Pros
Use of professional and personal interactive skills
Cons
Living in Illinois
Commitment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 January 2017
An institute which believes on experiential learning . Humility and modesty among co-workers is a quality that I would appreciate.
------------------
A sore spot in my life.
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Champaign,il9 January 2017
This is a good job for the pay alone. Management is not very helpful with life issues and especially and surprisingly unhelpful for those attending school while working. I was treated with little value and often reminded that we could be replaced. This employer has set a prime example for a list of things that I will be avoiding when searching for future employment.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Too many bosses, lots of confusion, lack of communication, lack of respect for employees, not able to recognize work ethic and valuable employees
Fast-paced work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL18 December 2016
helps Improved my customer service skills, Great management, flexible hours, great work environment, Fast-paced work, full-time and part-time available.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rushes happen often
Work
State Farm Strategic Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL14 December 2016
The work was nice and i liked being around my co-workers. The people that i worked with were very inviting and smart, so it made every day in the office a gift.
Research Assistant to a Professor
Primary Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 December 2016
I acted as a research assistant to a professor and honestly, each professor is so different from one another that my review would be far too personal to evaluate the quality of ALL professors at the university
great people great place
MISSING CREDENTIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 November 2016
from top down overall the management is very flexible and very embracing of you as a persona and will imporve you in any way they can so that you can not only do what need to do for them but be a better person in general
Excellent guidance and support
Volunteer Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, IL22 November 2016
The temporary position was designed to provide the University of Illinois with sustainable solar cell arrays while allowing students to experience project formation and design processes.
Excellent learning environment
Laboratory & Department Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 November 2016
very good learning experience, on hands experience working with researchers working in various fields innovating new technology which makes our lives easier everyday.
Lab Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Champaign, IL8 November 2016
You are put into a situation where you learn so much. There is so much information available at the university and so many amazing people that are willing to help you learn.
Very cool place to work
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 November 2016
great environment to work in with a great atmosphere.Liked working there because the work environment was not stressful and overall duties not that hard to get done.Work at your own pace without people hanging over your shoulder.
Enhancing Public Health Research
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 October 2016
UIC's Institute of Health Research and Policy strives to understand and advance public health. Through this position, I enhanced my team building skills, practiced time management skills, and prioritized the regulations of the research codebook. I was able to work with an interdisciplinary team of peers, and manage the success of the data collection.
productive and fun place to work.
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IL24 October 2016
When I was working I took care of my job with care and was friendly and positive. Cared about the care an perfection of my job. Did my best to do the work that was pleased by the customer and the well being of my employer. If i say so myself I did a very good job at my work.I really enjoyed working at the University of Illinois.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Great place for an education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL17 October 2016
Strong program and great faculty for research in one of the highest regarded analytical chemistry programs in the United States. Good access to resources
university
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  psychology17 October 2016
Great place and opportunity. I have learned so much since 2010. There is always room for growth and advancement.
The pay is really good and raises are great
Excellent secure employment
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL5 October 2016
My job consists of being thorough. Hardest part of my job is organization. Making sure that the most important gets done. Management is flexible as long as everything gets done. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are friendly and supportive.
Innovative, learning and team work
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL30 September 2016
Innovative job environment with flexible work timings, team work and helping each other when required makes work fun. Team work and time management are very important skills here. Working along with graduate studies helps you to be a better time manager.
Pros
Good learning experience
Typical day at work
Head Executive Assistant (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 September 2016
Very productive and interesting. My co-workers were helpful and very pleasant. The head of the department was encouraging and very intelligent. I learned that education is key.
Relaxed work environment.
Visiting Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL2 September 2016
The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign provides excellent benefits and a relaxed work environment. However, the opportunity for both merit-based promotions and salary increases is limited, to the point of non-existence. Promotions are few and far between, and are based almost entirely on seniority.
Post-doctoral Research Affiliate. Very friendly staff and faculty.
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, IL12 August 2016
Post-doctoral Research Affiliate. Very friendly staff and faculty.I am currently working on Arab American literary reactions to the Arab Spring, and everyone at University of Illinois is making me feel very welcomed by cooperating and helping.

4.4