University of Illinois

University of Illinois Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work is intense here
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
As a graduate student (MS), we have to work as teaching assistant to maintain our status. meanwhile we also need to work in lab to do research work.
Good place to work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Commute; Temporary Positions (Visiting), Limited Room for Promotion
Good company to work for and the benefits plan is great. The company promotes a mission that encourages development and diversity, but there is not a lot of room for promotion. Co-workers are wonderful to work with and managers are somewhat flexible. You will work very hard here! Pay could be better. Commute is not enjoyable from southwest suburbs, especially in the winter.
Good university for research
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 22, 2015
University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign is a good university for research, but city life is not so exciting. Very calm and good for concentrating research.
fun place to be
Athletic Training Aid Internship (Former Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 22, 2015
Very good education in one of the best universities in the nation. I learned everything from my major, career, and even living on my own. It's a great experience and I would definitely do it over again if I could.
Excellent Working Environment
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Very friendly working environment. The coworkers want to see you succeed so they help you with all of your assignments. If you're looking for overtime hours and pay, they are willing to work with you and provide it.
Accounting Associate (Chief Accountant) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
UIC is a great place to work with plenty of room for growth if you're willing to put in the work and time. There are knowledgeable people working here who are normally willing to teach you the ropes.
A very good school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newmark Civil Engineering LaboratoryApril 20, 2015
The University of Illinois is a very good school that has an excellent Civil and Environmental Engineering department. The classes are very well-structured and there many resources available to students
Stress-full Environment.
Office Assistant (OBDS) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Working in a Factory can be very stress-full and Fast. Not getting that communication from people and not being able to Explain.
Just different
Snack bar Attendant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 13, 2015
Meeting all different types of people and learning new things working in diff places and watch the football games sometimes
Encouraged huge intellectual growth and maturity
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: constant learning, exciting, allowed for easy collaboration with others
Cons: long hours, competitive
Typical day:
Check emails, respond to emails, work on manuscript, carry out experiments, manage undergraduate employees, and prep for the lab section that I teach

What I learned:
I learned how hard I can push myself in order to achieve the goals that I want.

My co-workers:
Working with mainly foreign lab mates has given me a wider knowledge in how to communicate with people.

Hardest part of the job:

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Meeting new people and constant learning
Great work environment
Grad. Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 6, 2015
As a graduate assistant, I was responsible for assisting five teaching with running their classes. I did a lot of administrative work such as, entering grade and responding to student emails.
Great learning onthe job experience
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee), Urbana, ILApril 6, 2015
Work in the cafeteria, a great place to start your work experience. A general ideal of what is it like to work in a cafeteria. Great co-workers that help you learn onm the job.
Productive and Healthy work environment
Administrative Honors Fellow (Current Employee), Champaign, ILMarch 30, 2015
The University of Illinois College of Law is a very friendly work environment which makes for all employees to perform at their highest level.
na
Apartment Building Manager (Former Employee), chicagoMarch 4, 2015
I do not work at UIC. Nor have I ever worked at UIC. I live in the UIC community area and have experience with housing for the student population.
Graduate Assistant
Data Analyst (GA), IL, US (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 6, 2015
• At Survey Research Lab of U of Illinois, I provided on-demand data cleansing, plotting, and statistical analysis. These reports helped my manager in deciding how to proceed surveys.
• Some semesters, I was a teaching assistant for statistics, and macroeconomics.
Productive and fun
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
It was fun learning new things and trying out different things. Creative students and challenging questions to be answered. I would say it is a great learning experience.
Decent Internships
Department of Communication Research Assistant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: no real compensation, little to no direction
I received class credit to do these internships, not monetary compensation. I got great experience in the fields that I wanted experience in, however for my public relationships internship there was little to no direction given.
A great environment
Maintenance and Landscape Laborer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
At this occupation a typical day required working outdoors in high temperatures in the sun I learned many things involving landscaping that I previously did not know the management was great they were very hands on and many times they would work with employees, my co-workers were diverse and very nice to work with the hardest part of the job would be the trash removal part other then that it was great the most enjoyable part is getting to know people outside your culture and learning about them and their culture and also the occupational environment being around college students makes you want to learn
great place to work, low pay
field research assistant (Former Employee), EBIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: driving tractors and learning maitenence
Cons: low wages, no overtime
Enjoyed working for the university besides no overtime, a limit on how many hours can be worked. No health insurance and low pay.
Managed budget for a Conference
Finance Chair (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 8, 2015
This was a chair position that I participated in while in graduate school. I managed the budget for the Women and Gender History Symposium.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Illinois

The University of Illinois is the state's best and most comprehensive public university. The three distinct campuses in Urbana-Champaign, – Read more