University of Illinois at Chicago

University of Illinois at Chicago Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to learn biology
Reaserch Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
I am going to miss this place.I worked with very professional people there.
Productive and fun work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: friendly people, staff and management.
Cons: no health benefits and job security.
I was the front desk receptionist so the day started by checking voicemail and email. I learned alot at this particular job, how to be a better receptionist and how to manage any situation. Management was very helpful and always available when needed. My co-workers were great made the job and day more enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was the high – more... volume of visitors to the facility. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and having a great working environment. – less
Good Learning Experience
Projects (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
-Good Course work.
-Excellent Faculty
-Resources available like designing tool (Cadence, Hspice etc)
Great teaching and instrumentation experience
NMR Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
This position has been a great opportunity to teach students about NMR spectroscopy and proper use of the instrument. In addition, I became familiar with new methods and basic instrument maintenance.
Great Place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2014
Acted as student web administrator small department in UIC. Working at UIC was fun.
Part time work at the university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Learnt ASP.Net fundamentals.
Management has been very good.
Hardest part of the job is to work during exams in college.
Interesting and stimulating atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: meeting and helping patients
Cons: management changed directions
My day was pretty typical with assigned duties on certain days but overall manageable. Some days different physicians needed help with different projects but they could always be fitted in and added to my daily duties.
Flexible and good work environment
Research Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
I was working in a research laboratory which tends to be secluded from the university. I liked the flexibility of the job and it was mostly low pressure job.
Good place of work for students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Decent place for an assistantship. Tough management.Good place of work for students.
Learning experience
Patient Navigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2014
Assisted patients with cancer studies. Worked in various hospitals.
I love teaching. UIC gives me this opportunity to find my favorite job.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
As a TA, I am also a PhD student. I have to spend some time in my learning. But I enjoy my teaching job. I give students discussion sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I also need to grade their quizzes and exams, and record their scores. I like discussion sessions the best, my students and I have positive and active interactions.
Sometimes, when I – more... made more efforts to explain, my students got more confused. I was very upset about that. Fortunately, I got ideas from my students, and I realized many details that I didn't pay attention at first. For example, My teaching should be consistent with their professor's teaching, I shouldn't skip too many algebra steps.
I hope I can have a job of teaching after I graduate from UIC. – less
Enjoying my surroundings, co-workers and atmosphere.
Operations Specialist/Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Near downtown Chicago, co-workers are amazing and the atmosphere created for students and staff is one to be experienced.
Nice place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
UI-Chicago located at south loop of chicago, which is so convenient to live and study there.
Building Management was the best Student Job you could hope for
Building Manager -Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: in the lulls you could study.
Cons: scheduling you have to find coverage, worked holidays.
I worked the night shift, so the typical day began by escorting students out of the Student Center, locking exterior exits and checking for building maintenance. We did hourly rounds of the grounds. Co-workers were fellow students from all different majors and a truly diverse group. Our supervisors were down to earth and helpful with our scheduling – more... between classes, other jobs, and extra curricular activity. I learned to operate in an office environment, cooperate with staff, other departments, and customers/clients in an efficient and professional manner. I learned that any job worth doing is worth doing right. – less
Enjoy Working here
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free friday evening pizzas
Its a good place for research with good facilities and equipment. Fellow workers are good knowledgeable people and I enjoy working with them. In Laboratory for Switching Electronics and Energy Systems (LESES), I worked on the control of Power Converters using a Digital Signal Processor.
Intern
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Flexible hours for student interns. Your supervisor is dependent on your internship learnings
Ping pong table
Lab Researcher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2013
Pros: lab work
Cons: short breaks
Typical work day
what I leaned
My co-workers
The hardest part of the job
Enjoyable working enviroment
CASHIER 1 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2013
Working with my co-workers and training student cashiers was one of the joys of this job,the most diffcult part of this job was the down time,(when there were no costumers exiting/entering the parking structure.
Campus life is great. Tremendous opportunities for individuals.
Nutrition Educator/After-School Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2013
Pros: lots of people. tons of opportunities. good benefits
Cons: grant funded positions
During the school year, my day is typically busy with teaching and educating children on health within the Chicago Public Schools. Our staff are usually in schools for the entire day. Once, the schools are finished for the particular day, we usually have to conduct an after-school program within the Chicago Park District. These programs last for the – more... entire school year with different schools as well as different parks.

In the summer months, our staff is busy working summer camps. We educate and provide physical activities for the kids. We usually have 5 to 6 parks within a day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to work with the public and the community in assisting them in their lives. – less
Comfortable place to work
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2013
The day is comfortable. There are dead lines but organization makes them easy to accomplish. Management is consistent and helpful. Coworkers are motivated and energetic. Hardest part of the job is turning away students who don't meet the criteria. I most enjoy when a student is accepted to college and is prepared to complete their chosen course of study.

1 2 3 4 5