University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Can be alot better....
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
I worked for UIC Police Department and I believe the company could be so much better. You have so many power hungry people on top who don't pay attention to their staff and the needs of the department. There is a big revolving door. During probation, which is 6months, don't make any mistakes because they will let you go. And be prepared to work forced overtime at least twice a week. Heads up, they do not care about the needs of you or your family. When you're forced to stay, you have to stay.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad union and forced overtime
Excellent place to work with a great community atmosphere
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
UIC has provided many opportunities for continuing professional development, including volunteer roles such as Laboratory Manager and Student Facilitator. The atmosphere is relaxed but hard-working, with individuals always pulling together to meet deadlines. Being a school and a healthcare provider presents unique advantages as well as challenges. For example, the clinic is an excellent resource for patient enrolment and the acquisition of research samples, but project students require additional training and supervision when it comes to laboratory/research skills. Students always appear happy and eager to learn, which makes mentorship enjoyable!
Amazing place to work pleasant coworkers and result orientated environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
Heavy use organizational skills on the behalf of others.
Learned that your creative is valued.
Work environment is pleasant
Management believe in educating and training of employees
Co-workers are friendly and encouraging
Hardest part of job is over-committing to assignments
Most enjoyable part is being appreciated
Pros
Excellent benefit package paid vacation, sick leave and retirement plan
Cons
Not sure if will be paid has the state budget has not passed
The community is Key
Adjunct Faculty/Guest Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2016
The best part of the job are the students. Watching them become adults and putting my experience to good use is invaluable. My colleagues are genuine people who are supportive in all of our outside endeavors, new ideas and growing our department.
Pros
Environment, students, Independance
Cons
compensation, security, benefits
Great benefits, no raises.
Medical Photographer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
Working for the State of Illinois has limited advancement or increase in salary, despite an increase in job duties and performance. Esteemed University and Doctor to have the privilege of working for but a higher salary needs to be offered for this position and all it requires.
Learning Expierence
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Great learning experience of all medical fields, doctors were always willing to teach.
Staff was great, management was okay.
Co-workers got along with fine.
Hardest part not being able to fulfill a request.
Most enjoyable was the care of each other.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Nothing really.
release of information Specialist
Release Of Information specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
Reviewing all medical record request, and assuring all request are inputted in the company system. Picking up patients calls on the phone, as well as Doctors, lawyer ect. Attending to incoming patients requesting for their medical records.
Rewarding
Kids Room Staff/Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
I have been working for the University of Illinois at Chicago Campus Housing for the past three years. The best part of the jobs is people will recognize you and remember you months sometimes years after giving them a tour. I think that is one of the most rewarding parts about being a tour guide.
Collaborating with group members was most beneficial.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
We did research, prepared reports and created presentation for group participants and our professor. Interaction with other research participants was great experience and got to learn lots of things.
Great clinical location
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
Best learning hospital to have clinical rotations at. Staff is helpful and patients are friendly. The skills learned there are some that you will use for ever.
Great place to work.
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work. You will learn something everyday! Interact with very intelligent people where you can learn what is going on in the medical field.
Director of Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Good workplace environment with great benefits and really good people that work there. It was a valued place that continues to grow and expand.
Great work environment with flexible hours
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2016
My job experience as a Lab Consultant at UIC was a great one; the work environment was stress-free, the management was very amiable, the hours were very flexible for student employment, and I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers.
great place to perform research
Visiting Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day of research is to design/perform experiments
Everyday I feel like I have something new learned, including new methods, new understanding of my projects, new ideas, new way to present/analyze the data.
I also enjoys working with my co-workers, training trainees.
Even though there is always something that you are not feel comfortable, but in the end, you find it will be Okay.
Productive Workplace with extensive responsibility
Building Manager, Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
In charge of opening all doors of the student center, posting signs for events, taking action in case of any medical emergency in building, and responsibility of team. My co-workers and management were all on the same page which led to a great work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction of helping students, while the hardest part was attending to medial emergencies.
Outdated equipment, Top Heavy
it manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Control from the top, loose 700k daily in write offs or 3 million a day
in out dated systems, and interns or residence are ordering unnecessary orders. Very Top Heavy using out dated methodology and equipment software etc. No wounder the State is in the red!
Clean the house starting from the CIO down.Management by fear of loosing one's job. No open communications, too many hurdles.
Pros
PTO
Cons
No proactive or supporting management C-suite down
Enjoyable and Productive Work Days
Design Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
In both my jobs, they allowed for productive work to be achieved as well as design opportunities with an enjoyable work culture.
Great Campus!
Chief Plant Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  UICJune 22, 2016
I enjoy working at this location and there is a great team of management in place. The faculty is top-notch as well as the hospital staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
University of Illinois at Chicago has good environment to work. Management and co-workers are friendly and team oriented. Working here has some advantages as learning industry and gaining real life experience.
Productive workplace
Exhibit Translator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2016
The most enjoyable is working with students. I learned different perspectives from co-workers. Team work is very important.
Pros
Good environment and flexible hours
Cons
Temporary

4.2