University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

poor negative culture surrounds the institution
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 October 2017
a typical day at work is stressfulI learned hard work does not pay off. Management would rather hurt you than help you. The people are not nice, the visitors are unruly and management does little to help
benefits
Cons
management
Police Job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 606085 October 2017
The job is a good first job for police officers. It is steeped in bureaucracy and politics. The employees are professionals. The take care of on another.
• Assist lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in assigned area • Perform a variety of non-instructional duties • Adm
Teacher assistance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 September 2017
I love my job; It was a great experience. it helped me become a better leader and be more open minded to other opinions even if they are less experience than me.
Good school work
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 September 2017
As the Peer Mentor my job entitled me to help tutor my residents that myself and the 2 different Resident Assistants had. I helped create weekly activities for my student residents, tutor them in classes they had difficulty with for their studying, as well as create monthly events for them. Academically I would go through whatever questions not only my own residents, but also any resident in the building that had questions during my mentoring hours. This included me attending various meetings including the Residence Hall staff weekly, peer mentor meetings twice a month which included all the peer mentors on campus, and an overall campus housing meeting which included every housing staff member on campus monthly. The meetings included general updates, upcoming event plans, and overall team work to better the on campus experience for both the staff and students.
Pros
meet cool ppl
Social Media Consultant for chancellor Amiridis
Social Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 September 2017
This was a great opportunity to temper my social media skills, as it was the task of me and one co-worker to create a 30 day social media plan for the chancellor's Instagram account. We presented our plan to the chancellor and his advisors and the plan was approved and implemented instantly. Since then, the chancellor's instagram page has grown significantly.
Na
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 September 2017
Great work and Great supervisors. I enjoy working here with my graduation. My position plays a vital role during issues in linux cluster and also work on python based softwares
Enjoy working at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 September 2017
I worked with professional people in a very nice environment. Everybody is helpful and you have the opportunity to learn about the many different projects going on.
Pros
Increased knowledge about research
Cons
n/a
Disorganized
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 September 2017
The intra-office communication was terrible and most upper management lack initiative to actually do anything; passed off tasks to people with already too much on their plates. Would ask indirectly to have something done and then pass the blame on someone else.
Great Place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 6060720 September 2017
I was a Undergraduate Research Assistant and found the place a great place to work. I was a really passionate worker and found the resources very helpful.
The Best University!!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 September 2017
Looking back, as an alumni of UIC, it is an excellent place to study and work. The people are amazing, the faculty and staff are amazing and city is amazing. As a student, Chicago is one of the best places to be.
Grad student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 September 2017
I was a student here and I enjoyed my time. I also worked as a graduate assistant during my time as a student and UIC was careful to ensure that I was able to balance my workload with my studies.
Productive nad fun-loving
Graduate Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 September 2017
They will assign you work on different background and technologies that will make you flexible enough to handle different task efficiently. They encourage new ideas and implementation.
you can't go wrong
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 September 2017
Great place to work, strong competent colleagues committed to the work. Strong fundraising program in place. A great place to cut your teeth and get experience in lots of facets.
Pros
benefits for sure
Cons
hard to get advancement
Productive workplace, balanced time between being a teaching assistant and conducting graduate-level research
Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 September 2017
Built-in system of balances ensures students don't take too many courses to efficiently function as a teaching assistant or research assistant. During my time at UIC, my time was balanced between being a teaching assistant/research assistant and conducting my own graduate-level research prior to defending my Ph.D thesis.
Fun and diverse job
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL6 September 2017
This place was great. There was many opportunities that had presented themselves by meeting highly educated and wealthy people. I learned a lot and had met my mentor here.
Pros
interesting days
Cons
short breaks and no down time
Instructor - positive experience but very poor resources (State of IL)
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 September 2017
Significant issues with Illinois budget and the university is heavily impacted (negatively). Limited resources in social sciences - but have heard great things re: hard sciences/opportunities.
Great place to work!!
Adjunct Faculty-Graduate Studies (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 August 2017
I enjoy the variety of students that come through the program. I enjoy being challenged. I have improved my communication skills greatly during my time at UIC. I have one of the best bosses I could ever ask for. He is supportive, encouraging, and challenges me to continue to grow professionally.
Fun place with great co workers.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 August 2017
Worked for one year as a Data Analyst. Working in UIC is relaxed with a steady pace and great co workers. Compensation is pretty good as per market, with good benefits.
excellent opportunity for a graduate student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 August 2017
It's a simple, low effort job. It pays very well, and it's a rewarding experience. I genuinely enjoyed teaching and helping my fellow students achieve their goals.
Summary
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 August 2017
On a typical day, I provided operations assistance to the college and assisted faculty. I enjoyed improving the operations of the college and university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2