University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to perform research
Visiting Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day of research is to design/perform experiments
Everyday I feel like I have something new learned, including new methods, new understanding of my projects, new ideas, new way to present/analyze the data.
I also enjoys working with my co-workers, training trainees.
Even though there is always something that you are not feel comfortable, but in the end, you find it will be Okay.
Fun environment and great people
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Fun environment with nonstop events to keep each day interesting. Management knows how to ensure a good balance between work and school.
Productive Workplace with extensive responsibility
Building Manager, Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
In charge of opening all doors of the student center, posting signs for events, taking action in case of any medical emergency in building, and responsibility of team. My co-workers and management were all on the same page which led to a great work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction of helping students, while the hardest part was attending to medial emergencies.
Outdated equipment, Top Heavy
it manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: PTO
Cons: No proactive or supporting management C-suite down
Control from the top, loose 700k daily in write offs or 3 million a day
in out dated systems, and interns or residence are ordering unnecessary orders. Very Top Heavy using out dated methodology and equipment software etc. No wounder the State is in the red!
Clean the house starting from the CIO down.Management by fear of loosing one's job. No open communications, too many hurdles.
General Office Aid
General Office Aid (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2015
Amazing place to work. Amazing, knowledgable people to work with. I look forward to going into work on a daily basics. They provide detailed instructions on whatever you have to do, and there is also room for questions.
Good School
Bioengineering Organizational Alliance Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2015
Good Opportunities. Good research opportunities. Overall, I recommend this school for academic study as well as job search.
Productive workplace
Assistant to Assistant Director - Utilities (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Management style is transformation ...superb. Could work past retirement. Co-workers are all hard workers.
Educational Environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Educational
Cons: Salaries
Educational Environment. Decent amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from colleagues.
A diverse environment.
Busy and productive
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Pros: No weekend hours
Cons: No morning and afternoon breaks
Patient registration through Cerna and Microsoft outlook,co-pays,surgery billing, answering the phones, filling charts, The most
enjoyable part of my job is to see the patients happy and satisfied with the service they received.
A good big univercity
Visiting Research Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
Can't tell much about the univercity as a whole, since it's too big. The College of Pharmacy is ranked #14 in the category Best Colleges Rankings by U.S. News and World Report. The department of Medicinal Chemistry where I'm currently working is a very nice place with good working atmosphere.
It's not a real job, it's postoctoral practice, to be precise.
It was a fun workplace
Student Patrol (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2015
Working at UIC was a great experince and the environment was a great place. Working there made it seem like it wasn't really work and everyone treated each other like they were family.
Fun working environment
Student Alumni Ambassadors (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Getting to communicate with others
It is a good working environment where I have obtained skills and expertise to enhance myself as an employee. I am able to use my communication and digital skills everyday. As this is my first official job, I have learned how to manage work with my college classes.
Productive and calm environment that promotes peerness
Writing Center Staff Tutor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2015
Pros: On-campus, fulfilling work, rigorous
Cons: Not enough hours to go around, inflexible
The writing center is at the heart of the University. It is a place for students to come and build on their written communication skills with peers. During a typical session in the welcoming environment, both the tutor and writer are bound to learn something about their craft. This is a place of happy productivity and true learning.
Student Researcher
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Did what I had to do for classes and to do some research on the side. Mostly low-pressure environment and helped me learn something as well.
Graduate Assistant at UIC
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Approval of the Manager.
Cons: Sometimes I had to work on weekends.
I work here as a graduate assistant.
I really enjoy working here. I learned a lot about web site maintenance and tested and deployed many web applications.

It is quite challenging and the work life balance here is more than that I could ask for.
Business Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some great individuals and learning different aspects of the University.
Very fun
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
This was not a paid position but worked under a professor to gain teaching experience. This is more like an internship for one semester and received a grade for 1 credit hour.
Productive and fun workplace
Event Staff - Student Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Management was extremely nice and supportive to all of the student workers. Typical days included setting up and hosting large events in the UIC Forum. I learned how to work with a team of fellow students in order to cater to the ever changing needs of a wide array of clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with good friends on a regular basis, in order to achieve a common goal. The most taxing part of the job was taking everything down again, reorganizing, then setting up for a new event, after a very long day.
UIC
Telephone Operator 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2015
University of Il at Chicago on the near west side offers several clinics with different specialties. Several education programs and community and out reach programs.
productive and fun workplace
Photo Lab Assistant / Wood Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2015
Assisting students with checking out equipment, and problem solving when needed. Ensure equipment functions properly, and maintaing the workplace.