University of Guelph Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Organized and fast pace work place
Chef Apprentice (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 8, 2016
-The facilities are very organized and the managements are approachable.
- The people are good to get along with and professional.
Learning and interesting integrative work with instruments
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I learned how to research the materials and products needed to finish the research task I was given. I learned the ways of getting the information I needed, either from my own knowledge or from a technician or fellow graduate colleague. With the encouragement of my supervisor I also enjoyed the work in how I had freedom to accomplish the task in the direction i felt best. The hardest and most frustrating part of the job would be having to move from one tactic to another and having to exhaust all my references and trials to only accomplish my task with the last possible idea.
Work Place
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
enthusiastic workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Nice workplace
Cons: Long hours
As a TA, the work was not stressful. The workplace is nice. Collaborating with other TAs made it more interesting and more productive.
dsdg
University of Guelph Ambassador (Current Employee), GuelphOctober 15, 2015
love the school love working there. It is a fantastic time and you learn a lot from staff student and faculty. being an Ambassador is an excellent tool to gain experience and it has been fantastic.
Online Instructor
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Completely online
Cons: Not the best introductory training
Working for U o Guelph was completely online, so it was very easy to work the course into whatever else is going on in my life. My co-workers were easy to connect with and the technology at the university was very current.
very good place to work
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONOctober 6, 2015
All the people here are very nice to each other ,the environment is very harmonious.You can manage your time by yourself. In summary, it is a very good placce
Best times of my life
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great school for enviro sci. Great faculty. Great environment. Treats employees well enough and has good facilities.
Fun outing with the Group
Technology Transfer Manager (Current Employee), Guelph ONSeptember 9, 2015
Socializing with the group you work with is always a thrilling experience. We had a pool party, with games and water-gun fights in the pool. Had lots of food and good music. Interesting conversations too. It was a very happy moment, as we shoved our research issues aside, and had fun together
Great Environment
Hospitality Services (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Typical days at work were productive. I learned social skills, hospitality skills, and teamworks skills. Management and co-workers were great and always very supportive. The hardest part of the job were days when the cafeteria was packed and very busy, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and having great customers.
Study intensive
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: At the cutting edge of science
Cons: not much clear guidance you are very much on your own
If you love being in a grant controlled environment this place is good because there is not a lot of tight deadlines. Things move at a calm pace. A lot of room to create your own schedule and experiments.
Great to Serve Students
Manager, Executive Programs (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Being able to help people
Cons: Limited job opportunities
Fast paced, multi-tasking and service oriented working environment providing the opportunity to making a difference
Graduate Teaching Assistant- Urban and Regional Planning
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 11, 2015
As a resource for students I helped explain planning documents and legislation. I presented on the importance of land-use policies and worked with groups of students to form inventive plans. I tried to inspire students to see the excitement and rewards of good planning.
Fast pace.... but fun job
Porter/ Food Prep (Current Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: work late at night on afternoon shift
I really enjoy working at the University. We get to talk with the students and try to help them out with their problems, since their parents aren't there. We try to accommodate them with their food allergies, and give them a good variety of healthy food. The staff is hard working and we try very hard to work as a team and help each other out when needed. The management work very hard to help us work together and make things run smoothly. I think the hardest part of this job is sometimes it can get really busy and the students don't have much to wait around because they have classes to get to. So we have to really move fast and together to get the job done. Over all I work highly recommend the University a great place to work.
Good learning opportunity
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), GuelphJuly 21, 2015
Great to work with multiple departments and learn the challenges of getting things done on a University campus. A great place to start out.
Good student job
HOSPITALITY DESK CLERK (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: easy to take time off
Cons: managment
close to university of guelph, very flexible hours, can take time off easiy for exams. atmosphere was ok. customers were not always nice
I like working with the students
network administrator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 10, 2015
I like working with the students, it was rewarding to see them succed.
The management is government run so there were some issues getting the right equipment, but overall good.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 25, 2015
We can do our research any time we want
Excellent support for the students in terms of scholarship
Tuition fee is relatively high compared to neighbor university
It was nice teaching students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 3, 2015
I loved teaching students and learning from them.

although the salary was low, and there was no job security but I totally enjoyed teaching.
Great opportunities to expand teaching porfolio
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 12, 2015
Teaching assistants are treated well and I never felt over-worked. Excellent experience for those interested in expanding their teaching portfolio and inter-personal skills.