University of Guelph Employee Reviews

It was an excellent environment to work at as i love interacting and helping people on a daily basis.
Computer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Everyday was great as the staff is awesome and the students. I helped people with there computer related issues and questions overall about the school. The hardest part of this job was making sure every student gets the help they need and when dealing with rude students. Overall, it was a great environment to work at!
Pros
Free printing
Cons
Not enough hours
Great facility with amazing people
Soccer Referee (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 May 2017
 Facilitated games in a safe and recreational manner by enforcing game rules, and promoting fair play. Would highly recommend to anyone who is either physically active or loves sports
Great work , greater people
Guest Table Services (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 May 2017
It was an amazing experience to work with wonderful people everyday. A typical day might include, calls to the campus police or emergency services, extremely uncooperative students and rampant vandalism (Most likely not in the same night), but having a super supportive and friendly network of coworkers make it all worth it.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Uncooperative drunken students
Great Place to Work
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 April 2017
Pre-scheduled class times make it easy to plan your week, and balance school and work. The management was great, and instructions were clear for required tasks.
Outside the box thinking encouraged
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 April 2017
Working at UoG has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my academic career. It is an amazing place to work, and a true opportunity to be part of cutting-edge research, surrounded by brilliant minds, working together toward one goal. Exemplary teamwork and cooperation.
Pros
Intellectually stinulating
Cons
Long, irregular hours
Productive and fun place to work.
pastry chef and barista (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
I enjoy working in a fast past environment and my current job allows me to do just that, and it also allows me to try new tasks and work on many different jobs and move from different stations. It has helped me add to my customer service skills and build my communication skills as well. All in all working for the university has been a great experience.
Great Work Environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 April 2017
Very nice people to work with. All my colleagues are nice to talk to and are very friendly. As an instructor, there is very little stress and people are always willing to help.
Very good.
Hospitality services. (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 April 2017
I enjoyed this job a great deal. All of the staff member were respectful, as were the students. This positively oriented workplace environment truly helped me to grow as an employee and as a person.
Pros
Muck
Cons
scoob
Great school
Student Journalist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
I'm actually at Guelph-Humber. Small but nice school. You get to know your teachers and classmates because it's such a small school. You learn a lot and connect with people easier that way. The professors make an effort to know you as a name and not a number
Marking papers and working with teacher on course material
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 April 2017
Overall positive, various different teachers with different teaching styles were experienced. Some methods were less effective than others, but an overall positive environment.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Not much guidance for grading
Challenged me to step out of my comfort zone
Conversation Partner (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 March 2017
The purpose of Conservation Partners at the University of Guelph was to partner up international students with other students to benefit their experience at Guelph. The programme partners you with another person and you are supposed to meet once a week and answer their questions and provide them with guidance. The position was a great opportunity to push me out of my comfort zone and taught me how to engage in conversations with multiple people. The hardest part of the job was finding times to meet with my partner, but regardless of this, the position was very fulfilling.
Pros
Learned how to engage with multiple people
Cons
Difficult to fit into schedule
lkh
Undergraduate Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 March 2017
Good place to work, lots of support and good people. Fair employment practices and equal rights. Average pay and job flexibility - enjoyable experience
Excellent Job
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 March 2017
- great atmosphere
- great staff
- always fun coming to work
- many different and changing work opportunities
- flexible schedule, making it possible to work around my school schedule
Pros
flexible schedule
Great experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON10 March 2017
When working at the college I gained knowledge in a lot of office environments. The everyday atmosphere of this office is overall awesome, they are always willing to help with any questions you may have.
Excellent
Game Builder (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 February 2017
Great work contract and flexible hours as a research assistant. This is for a temporary position that will not be available once the game is completed.
Has it's ups and downs
Porter (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 February 2017
There are good things, and things that are not so good.
Workplace is generally good.
Very busy, always something to do.
Typical day is busy, with changing priorities.
I try to learn something every day.
Hardest part of the job is the hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Good benefits
Great, fully accredited engineering school - specifically in the biomedical field.
Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Main Campus - Guelph, ON2 February 2017
This school provides tools that will allow its students to become proficient problem solvers, while providing them with research and hands-on experience. This program consists of a large amount of laboratory studies and lectures and is very study-intensive.
Inspiring and involved work atmosphere
Visiting Professor, School of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 January 2017
Being a world class academic and research institution with leadership in on food processing and food safety in Canada, most of my research involvments were linked to food processing and sustainability.

My routine status with reviewing the research laboratory work, performing specialized procedures and analyzing the outcomes of scientific studies. Other routine work involver writing proposals, protocols, reports and research publications.

Consistant ly supervised the research projects of the students and learnt about the deal with variety of students at different level of knowledge and skills.

Hardest part was to not able to transfer all my experiences and expertise to the students and employees.

Enjoy sharing knowledge and observing the positive otcomes
Pros
Unlimited working hours, infrastucture
Cons
No industrial scale operation and involvments
very fun and relax environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 January 2017
Working at the UofG provides you with a great experience in an academic setting. I liked the management as well as the work culture.
Fun and productive place
Research Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 December 2016
By far the best job I have had and that is because of the people, the atmosphere and the ability to learn and grow. Excellent benefits. This place had the whole package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Guelph. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5