University of Guelph

University of Guelph Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting experience
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Light work load. Got opportunity to share with students what I thought was important to design, and hopefully I was able to help them.
Great Employers
Front Desk Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: long commute
Amazing staff who were friendly and helpful. Showed me the ropes and helped me through my first job.
Productive place
Research Thesis (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 16, 2014
Enjoyed working in the lab, learnt a lot about molecular techniques.
Excellent place to work
Teaching Assistant Positions (Current Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 11, 2014
Nice working environment. Good working conditions. Excellent opportunity to gain teaching experience while completing graduate studies.
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee), GuelphJuly 28, 2014
It is very nice to work with students and great opportunity is provided by University as well
Cooperative and friendly workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 7, 2014
Teaching bachelor students motivated me to learn more, and the classroom environment encouraged a friendly academic atmosphere in which we could discuss and learn. The department and people in charge of the teaching assistants were also helpful in helping us manage the course throughout the semester, and we could refer to them in case of any non/academic – more... problems. – less
Excellent undergraduate research experience
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 19, 2014
Not a job/paid position. This was an option as part of your degree to undertake a research project under the supervision of a faculty member. The experience was excellent, and I learned many skills in the field of research/science, including specific lab techniques.
Fun Place to Work
Student Caller Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 12, 2014
-Worked in the Alumni House
-Developed customer service skills
-Great environment
Excellent university to teach at
Teaching assistant for introductory biochemistry (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: unionized position, low stress
Cons: requires good public speaking ability
My job as a TA ws nothing out of the ordinary. I worked with students for set hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. New skills are easy to pick up in this environment. Success is rarely rewarded and failure is rarely punished, but for me the experience was its own reward.
Productive and fun workplace with great personnel
Lab Technician/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Laboratory Services DivisionJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: affiliation with the university of guelph
Overall, a great place to work!

great staff, very welcoming and accommodating
Great work Environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: able to complete homework
Cons: contacted
Typical Day consisted of ensuring printers contained ink and paper
Ability to complete homework while on shift
Independent environment
Great educational experience with very collaborative and helpful classmates
Grey water Research Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 12, 2013
I was at the University of Guelph for 4 years and there were courses that were not necessary to be taken but most of the courses especially in the last year were very helpful and most of my knowledge of my degree comes from the information I learned in my last year. Students were really helpful and most of the projects that we had to hand in were supposed – more... to be done in groups.
I built great team work and independent work skills at this school and I am hoping to show it in my career. I did a number of presentations and wrote a lot of reports. I learned how to use many technical softwares and mastered my knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel. – less
Amazing job for a student
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 3, 2013
Pros: varsity games for free, great atmosphere, great management
Cons: work outside rain or shine
I work for the University of Guelph as a Sports Information Assistant so I have a part-time job, but it's amazing in every way. I get to go to all the home games for free to write about the sports I love. The people are great, the atmosphere is fun and working for a team that I already have such an insane amount of passion for is a great experience – more... and really motivates me to do my 110%. – less
not bad
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 8, 2013
I TAd several courses here. My advisor was awful, but the courses I taught were quite interesting. I TA'd Water Quality, Water and Wastewater Treatment, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
Had freedom to gain research experience independently and gained valuable experience as a primary animal care technician
Marine Biology Field Course Student (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: interesting and unique position
Cons: temporary position and minimum wage
While completing this course I gained great laboratory experience and had the chance to work on my own research project on green crab osmoregulation. My advisor was helpful and through his encouragement to work hard I learned how to be a more independent worker and become a more practical thinker. The hardest part of this job was working under limited – more... time constraints. – less
Excellent study environment and experimental condition.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work: Meeting with professor every week to discuss last week's research achievement and problems and this week's research proposal and requirement.

What I learned: Time management ( job task planning and organizing), working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, Familiar with fast-paced environment and work – more... under pressure.

Management: Time management (Research project with deadline, Report process of research every week).

My co-workers: My professor and research teammates (professional work attitude and pleasure work environment).

The hardest part of the job: Creative thinking of research project and research project with tight deadline.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Creative thinking of research project and research project with tight deadline. – less
Good employment. Biggest perk of the job was the focuse on growing an employees personal skills.
Residence assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 6, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: hours
The role of Residence Assistant was not a typical job. The work hours were very loosely defined and you are essentially on call 24/7. Despite this the job was incredibly fun and a great educational experience. It involved working with a large number of different people in a variety of intimate and casual encounters.
Core values are high priority
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 17, 2013
At the University of Guelph you will have no trouble waking up to come to work. The atmosphere in the workplace and all around campus is great. People are nice and you will find a diverse crowd wherever you look.
Great University
M.Sc. Candidate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 9, 2013
Great University, with really good science building. Friendly environment at my lab. Very helpful people and co-workers.
Great learning experience
Agricultural Research Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 16, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, work vehicle provided
Working with the University of Guelph in the Crop Science department is an amazing work experience. Workers participate in the leading edge of agriculture research working alongside many intelligent, amazing people. Great emphasis on education, everyone always has change to share some knowledge and teach (and learn) something new.

1 2 3

About University of Guelph

The University of Guelph is one of the most research-intensive universities in Canada and is internationally renowned for its – Read more