University of Calgary Employee Review

View all University of Calgary reviews

Productive and fun when engaging with other students
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2014
My volunteer work consisted of me being pro-active in promoting the Undergraduate Law and Society Association (ULSA) club during "Club Week" at U of C. I assisted in promoting to students from various programs (Business, Communication Studies, Law students, various first year students, etc.); by informally communicating information regarding the events that the club holds, and the organizations that sponsor the club. The people I worked with were fantastic and energetic; we are all very passionate about Law and Society, so I enjoyed volunteering. The hardest part of the job is being able to get students to pay for the sign-up fee, which is collected to place funds towards the events the club coordinates for those who do join. I learned how to campaign effectively, approach students in a orderly manner and I learned how to handle rejection as well as, skills to communicate effectively.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Having to volunteer overtime, into another volunteers shift, due to them running late

Other University of Calgary Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Executive Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2017
I enjoyed the support staff.
Great work atmosphere
Like the grounds and walking around campus at lunch
U of C has many opportunities so one could move within departments.
Top Flight Leadership
Associate Registrar, Admissions & Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2017
The University of Calgary is one of the best research universities in Canada and the world. One of the greatest assets here is the people. What amazing people!
Pros
The people, the leadership
Cons
the pace is beyond what most people would expect