University of Calgary Employee Reviews

Great place to support students
Campus Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Great learning environment, but some management staff, professor, dean could be very unprofessional. Some people really need to get into the real world of work.
Pros
Days off, Vacation day
Cons
Pay
Nice work environment, good people to work with
Oil and Gas Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
University of Calgary is a good work place. Good people to work with Work balance with life . Time to and from work is good. Good benefits for workers. Many programs available to enjoy around campus in work day time and evening time
Pros
Goos work place, goos people to work with, good benefits
Cons
Hard to get a job here. Requires qork knowledge and experience
UofC
Administrative Float General Duties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2017
A typical day at work requires constant multi tasking. Between speaking with patients, arranging physician schedules and prepping for clinics there is always a project to be working on.

The workplace culture is great, as I have an excellent team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I play a roll in maintaining patient care, something I take pride in.
UofC
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
The University of Calgary is a great place to work if you have a family and are content with a high level of job security. It is less so if you are a person who wishes to grow in your role as a person and an employee, and is not for anyone who is of a competitive nature.
research assisant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Bay, NU30 March 2017
working in the field, using ice auger, ski doo, CTD casting, niskins bottles,

Working in extreme conditions of the Arctic, the hardest part of the job is not getting frost bite
Pros
expereince
Cons
Not relevant to my application as a nanny.
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
I was put on disability for depression in 1991 from the U of C.
I enjoyed work there, very stimulating and good environment.
Learning Promoted
Interim Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
Perhaps because it is a post-secondary academic institution, there is a strong focus on individual learning to enhance one's skills---if only there were enough hours in a day to permit it. The University places an emphasis on continuous learning which is commendable. I took advantage of as many in-house courses as I could manage given my heavy workload.

The workplace culture is collegial and not a particularly competitive environment. Most work teams assist each other when there are deadlines to meet or extraordinarily onerous assignments.
Pros
Diversity of employees and wonderful park-like environment on campus
Cons
Focus seems to be on recruiting young employees & not more mature workers
Competitive Place
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
Receives not enough funding.
The colleagues are well-skilled and technical exchange of information will be there.
As with any other company, expect inter-faculty competition that may make or sink your day at work.
excellent
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
worked very hard and always friendly to customer ,
on time, follow company policy , etc..
good to volunteer at bike root , I enjoyed very much
Great Workplace
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
It was fun, and the interaction with student was great. I learnt a lot from this experience.I would love to do this again.
Provides practical training in management, materials management and procurement/purchasing
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
University of Calgary provides advanced training in engineering and management. It includes preparation of project scope, activities, materials management and schedules. It also includes preparing budgets, cost/man hour estimates, procurement/purchasing and quality controls.
Productive and thought provoking work environment
RESEARCH ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Working the University of Calgary as a research assistant was a pleasant experience as the people I worked with were very easy to get along with and involved performing synthetic experiments to develop new compounds and to characterize the synthesized compounds through various means. Through my time as a research assistant I learned how to manage my time and perform tasks in a timely manner.
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Great place to be at, good support, flexible and understanding environment. There is room for growth and learning and professional development. THere is opportunity to provide input into the organization.
Multi cultural and friendly workplace
Research Assistant & Techer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
Working in the University of Calgary, you meet alot of interesting people, each having different opinions and points of views. This can have a benefit helping you see your job in different ways, and help you be more productive.
Overall a great place to work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
The University of Calgary provides a positive environment to work for. Lately, the U of C has been investing in developing teaching and mentorship skills as well as investing in innovative research.
Pros
Professional Development
Rude and biased behaviour of co-workers
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
Working at University of Calgary was my first international experience. I enjoyed teaching and communicating with students. However I always felt that co-workers were rude and and biased. The hardest part was to make them understand that how it felt to an international student far away from his/her family, when they behaved differently with us.
Pros
organisation of trade fairs
Cons
Lack of empathy in people
Great Job
Campus Infrastructure Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
The U of C has a great culture and is very accommodating to many students and professionals and is a world class facility.
Productive and committed
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2016
The work atmosphere is so welcoming and everyday there are opportunities to learn more. Our day of work is 7 hours. My co- workers are so cooperative and accomodating. I really enjoy the work I do.
Pros
Continuing education options
Cons
Nothing as specific
Great place to learn
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Student grands are available and supervisors are more than willing to help students get some great experience in research and working with a team as well as presenting your findings.
It is a nice place to work except for poor leadership
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
If you are a self-starter, this is a place for you. There is no training and no share of knowledge. This place is full of politics and favoritism especially with the executive/directors/associate directors. If you get along with your manager, director, you may be able to retain your job and get promoted in no time. If you get on their "bad list", you will be gone no matters how good you are at your job. The only great thing about this place is there are tons of nice people if you know how to net-work. The benefits are great here.
Pros
Work-life balalnce
Cons
Too slacking. Too much politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Calgary. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2