University of British Columbia Employee Review

View all University of British Columbia reviews

Productive and excellent venue to expertise as a structural engineer
Research Assistant and Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2013
Excellent and knowledgable supervisor. During my work experience, I encountered different challenges that always motivated me to learn new skills and build a stronger background in my field of study. I am also having the pleasure of working with competitive and helpful colleagues. Thereby, it never was difficult to find the right motivation to be productive, and establish a more in-depth knowledge in structural analysis and design.
Pros
A lot of learning and productivity
Cons
Not application

Other University of British Columbia Employee Reviews

Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2017
The management is great and the staff are friendly and supportive. I worked there part-time and I learned a lot from other instructors through shared classes. The management was very supportive and provided feedback on classes they observed. They were always willing to advice on how to improve.
The hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of work. I was only a part-time instructor and could only hope to get full-time work by teaching many courses.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the field trips we did with the students who were mostly Asians wanting to develop their English on short courses.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No job security if you are not a full-time employee
Sharpened communication skills
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2017
Through this position, I learned how to simplify complicated ideas on the spot to aid students understand the course material. Communication with the professor was seamless and very simple since she was easy to work with and work for.
Pros
Great watching people learn.
Cons
Lots of grading.