Who Are We?
The Point Grill is recruiting for a Second Cook –who cook, bake and prepare products in accordance with a menu plan & production list and assume responsibility for an assigned area of meal preparation in a high volume commercial kitchen for restaurant dining and mobile-kitchen. Responsible for cooking and preparing products for the Point Grill restaurant and the Food Truck, a mobile kitchen, that travels all over UBC Point-Grey campus serving a heavy volume of customers.
This position will work primarily in the restaurant.
What We Offer?
- Competitive starting salary $17.82/hour
- Outstanding benefits
- Generous vacations and leaves
- Development and training opportunities
- Wellness initiatives and a respectful work environment
What is the Role?
- Cooks and/or prepares main courses, salads, sandwich plates, pastry items, desserts, sweet & savory baking, specialty desserts, breads and other items on a large scale and as per production requirements & established menu plans.
- Cooks and/or prepares hand-crafted sandwiches and products as per established Food Truck menu plan. Assumes responsibility for a specific area of food production as required by the unit, delegating tasks to assistant cooks and food service workers as required.
- Executes recipes including reading, understanding, & following instructions.
- Assesses and ensures quality and consistency of finished product prior to shipping out. Specifically, evaluates product, assesses whether it needs correction and/or seasoning, and implements measures to ensure appropriateness of completed products.
- Executes sophisticated recipes for menu plans that include West Coast cuisine & other ethnic cookery to meet the service standards of the department
- Recommends food inventory levels and assists with maintaining inventory.
- Responsible for the mobile kitchen including loading and unloading the truck with supplies and inventory; assists in checking and maintaining that the truck and equipment is in working order.
- Relieves responsibilities of other food service workers as operationally required as well as provides direction to food service personnel on assembly/preparation of food products.
Who You Are?
- You must possess your cooking certification & are passionate about culinary arts.
- You are looking for a year round position (you have the ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends).
- You have two years relevant experience working in a restaurant or a Food Truck.
- You are an effective communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills!
“UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.”
Express your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume with the subject “Second Cook, Point Grill.” Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Any information submitted in response to this advertisement will be used solely for the purpose of determining your suitability for employment, and is collected in accordance with UBC’s practices in regards to FIPPA. For more information, please see http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/Access-and-Privacy-brochure.pdf.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
The University of British Columbia is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1908 as the McGill University...