Want to Take Your Culinary Career to the Next Level? Then read on!
Who Are We?
We are an award winning culinary team looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, experienced professionals! Our vision is to be the preferred caterer and employer of choice for our community and it takes great people to make this vision a reality!
We are now hiring for First Cooks.
Love to be creative?
Join our creative team. We provide an innovative and cutting edge catering & dining experience for our guests.
What We Offer?
- Competitive starting salary $19.21/hour
- Outstanding benefits
- Generous vacations and leaves
- Development and training opportunities
- Wellness initiatives and a respectful work environment
What is the Role?
- Coordinates food preparation, food production and catering production to ensure that daily unit & catering requirements are met.
- Supervises up to ten (10) employees including second cooks, assistant cooks and food service workers. Coordinates the workload and provides training and direction to the staff team. Relieves responsibilities of workers as operationally required.
- Implements new menu plans keeping with the principles of being creative and artistic; and providing an upscale dining & catering experience to the clients & customers.
- Executes sophisticated menu plans that include West Coast cuisine & other ethnic cookery; and handcrafted canapés& hors d'oeuvres to meet the service standards of the department.
- Executes recipes including reading, understanding, & following recipes as well as providing direction to food service personnel on assembly and/or execution.
- Oversees and participates in specialty production to ensure daily volume requirements are met in accordance with menu plans.
- Assesses and ensures quality and consistency of finished product prior to shipping out.
Participates in the implementation of special food related events, themes and promotions.
- Recommends appropriate inventory levels of products and assists with maintaining inventory; assists with counting, ordering and reconciliation of food inventory levels of management.
- Who You Are?
- You must possess your Red Seal certification & are passionate about culinary arts.
- You are looking for a year round & full-time position (you have the ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends).
- You have five years (post Red Seal) working in upscale catering & dining environment.
- You are an effective communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills!
“UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.”
Express your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume with the subject “First Cook, Residence.” Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Any information submitted in response to this advertisement will be used solely for the purpose of determining your suitability for employment, and is collected in accordance with UBC’s practices in regards to FIPPA. For more information, please see http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/Access-and-Privacy-brochure.pdf.